Thread: Whenever I consume coconut I feel like crap and get real bloated. page

Jamie Madrox is offline Senior Member

Whenever I consume coconut I feel like crap and get real bloated.

Primal Fuel
    Similar to the feeling i get if i was to eat bread or something containing oats.

why is this?

Sonoran hotdog is online now Senior Member
    You might want to get tested for food allergies.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Coconut is not a common allergenic, but I have seen it happen on other forums. I would just leave it alone for a week or two and try a little bit again.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Zach is offline Banned
    Many have issues with it. Just avoid it.

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    some people are allergic to the salicylates in coconut, both when used on the skin and eaten. Maybe avoid and then retry, see if it happens again?

“you aren't what you eat - you are what you don't poop.” Wavy Gravy

Today I am Fillyjonk. Tommorow I will be Snufkin.

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    I would just avoid it. I tried using coconut on my skin and it was causing me itchiness, so I assume it can be an allergen. I can still eat it, though.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Are you talking about canned coconut milk? Or are you talking about raw shredded coconut or coconut oil? Or all of them?
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, answer Choco's question, but it's not totally unheard of for people to react badly to coconut. You might just have to live without it. More for us. Sorry.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    A lot of coconut products are riddled with additives, especially milks and creams. And the thinner the consistency the worse they usually are. Half gallons of Silk coconut milk is worse than canned coconut milk is worse than canned coconut cream...usually. The best way to test coconut is to try a virgin coconut oil because it is diluted. If you react to pure virgin coconut oil, you definitely have issues with coconut. If you don't react to the oil, you would want to move up to unsweetened shredded coconut with no additives. THAT would be the true test because it is pure coconut.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Mutton is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    A lot of coconut products are riddled with additives, especially milks and creams. And the thinner the consistency the worse they usually are. Half gallons of Silk coconut milk is worse than canned coconut milk is worse than canned coconut cream...usually. The best way to test coconut is to try a virgin coconut oil because it is diluted. If you react to pure virgin coconut oil, you definitely have issues with coconut. If you don't react to the oil, you would want to move up to unsweetened shredded coconut with no additives. THAT would be the true test because it is pure coconut.
    The flakes often have sodium meta bisulphate or other sulfates, which frequently cause upset.