Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your take on oils? page 2

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Drumroll, really, just 'cuz I loves ya - spinach and tomato with sliced garlic sauteed in olive oil is awesome. You can't crank the heat up to blowtorch, but it works. I've also done GF fry bread in olive oil and it was defreakinlicious.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    I never said it wasn't tasty.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I misunderstood. I thought you thought that you couldn't cook with olive oil. I would hate for you to miss out.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

JulieRUNS is offline Senior Member
    I never knew above fillers and fake olive oil - how sad is that! You have to be a serious detective over everything you buy now... Sheesh!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieRUNS View Post
    I was searching for forum posts. I have read a few people's posts where they did not feel olive oil was a healthy option and I wanted more info on that.

I've been having salad for dinner the past few nights with only balsamic vinegar and I don't miss the oil at all.
    Never search the forum posts. It's a waste of time. Search from the home page on MDA. Then you'll get useful information.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Jimm is offline Member
    Do these mention extraction by Hexane & methyl-pentane wash?

Keep it!

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I misunderstood. I thought you thought that you couldn't cook with olive oil. I would hate for you to miss out.
    You can cook with it, but with so many more heat resistant and stable fats available for cooking...
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieRUNS View Post
    I've searched for posts/debates on oils but couldn't find much but I have read posts where people are not fans of olive oil. This is a first for me!

My dad used to buy olive oil for me from his little Italian grocery store by his house and he always complained that I eat too much cause I go through it so fast. (I use it for cooking and salads) I'm starting to wonder if oil is my problem with fighting those those last like 3-4 pounds. (besides my VLCarbing days, of course )

Thanks in advance for any info! ...even a link to another thread would be great!
    I'd go as far to say 100% of people in this country that are overweight are overweight because of oils. I doubt any of us got fat eating meat. Oils are a problem for people trying to lose the last 30-40 pounds, let alone 3-4.

Extra virgin olive oil isn't an unhealthy fat source, but it is extremely fattening. It is extremely calorie-dense, and since it is 90% unsaturated fat, it's more likely to "stick to your ribs" than butter or coconut oil.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

quikky is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    I'd go as far to say 100% of people in this country that are overweight are overweight because of oils. I doubt any of us got fat eating meat. Oils are a problem for people trying to lose the last 30-40 pounds, let alone 3-4.

Extra virgin olive oil isn't an unhealthy fat source, but it is extremely fattening. It is extremely calorie-dense, and since it is 90% unsaturated fat, it's more likely to "stick to your ribs" than butter or coconut oil.
    I'd bet on soda. How many people drink soda throughout the day and at every meal?

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by quikky View Post
    I'd bet on soda. How many people drink soda throughout the day and at every meal?
    Soda and seed oils together.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast