Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chocolate dilemma... page

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

I'm not really sure what to do about my chocolate fix.

I absolutely love Green & Black's darkest chocolate, but it only comes in the big 3.5 ounce bar. Problem. I start out good and only eat a few squares. A day goes by and I take 6 squares. Next thing I know I'm finishing it off.

I need a small single-serving-size chocolate bar, with all the wholesome goodness of Green & Black's chocolate... since I apparently can't control myself with the chocolate. *sigh*

Suggestions?

Tarlach is offline Member

You can get these in smaller packs at some places (maybe individually?)...

http://www.epicureal.com/product_detail?product_id=170660&category_id=36

If 5g is too small you can also get it in 30g

http://www.atthemeadow.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=233

There are quite a few very good 99-100% chocolates around, but I'm not aware of many that come in smaller than 50g blocks.

* That's if you aren't scared to get off the 85% and into some real chocolate!

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

• Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . • Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . .• Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    • Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . • Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . • Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    • Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

white_sakura Guest

I searched online, and came up with this: http://www.tomandsallys.com/gourmet/5.html

I tried 100% and I'm not sure I can do it. It was just too bitter for me, though it sure doesn't take much to get my chocolate fix from it- lol.

Thanks for the suggestions. Maybe it's a brand thing, and one of these will be better than the G&B 100%. Maybe 99% won't be quite so harsh.

maba is offline Senior Member

Yeah, I can completely understand - been there, done that. How about buying the big bar and breaking it pieces and wrapping them individually in aluminum foil? Can be a tad time-intensive though.

Cute profile pic, btw.

Thank you!

Haha... I like your idea, but unless I take the rest of the pieces and bury them, I'm going to misbehave. It's like a bear trying to not eat honey- lol.

hannahc is offline Senior Member

I just had the Endangered Species 88% last weekend, they come in bars and in boxes with individually wrapped squares! The 88% was pretty strong, but still creamy and delicious. It's right next to the Green & Black's in my grocery store. All organic, supports small cocao farmers, and less sugar than the other brands too!

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Kryz is offline Junior Member

This isn't as dark as you're looking for, but if there's a Trader Joe's near you, they sell a store brand pack of 3 1.65oz (I think) 72% bars for like $1.70 or something.

cayl Guest

I am a big fan of the Lindt & Sprüngli 85% bars, I usually get them in the 3.5oz bars too, so I'm not sure that would help you a lot.

8g of carbs, and its about as dark as I can go and still enjoy it. The 99 and 100 is pretty bitter.

These things are just wrapped in foil. You could probably break off single servings, individually wrap them, and then leave the bulk of your collection somewhere inconvenient so its harder to get at.

I would occasionally leave some of my bars in my car trunk so I'd believe I had them available at work. In practice I was rarely motivated enough to actually go down and get one, so I'd only get my chocolate fix if I remembered to grab one in the morning.

fletchingarrows is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

My favorite solution is to take one square of Lindt 85% and one square of Lindt 70%, cut them up into tiny pieces and mix them with a few almonds, a few crushed walnuts, and a healthy handful of unsweetened coconut flakes.

The chocolate is still there, it's just watered down a bit. The other ingredients contribute to a sense of fullness, at least for me. My boyfriend calls it my almond joy alternative. I don't even like almond joys but this "dessert" works for me.

I also make it if I am going to the movies- it's better than trying to resist the siren song of movie theater candy/popcorn.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast