Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Could you eat a horse page 2

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by jrherring View Post
    I'm actually turning my yard into a native certified habitat for birds, butterflies, squirrels and the occasional Peter Cottontail that may wonder across.
    Your yard sounds delicious

Big Dave is offline Senior Member
    I have eaten worse!
    Rangers Lead the Way, Hooah!

renee is offline Junior Member
    I could not do it.

PrimalHooah is offline Junior Member
    I would eat the Horse. I have a dream of owning my own butcher shop, full of grass fed's, wild game, and maybe some exotics? Primal has really tuned me into the hunter mentality, so whenever I see an animal I wonder, "How would that taste?" :O (Except Dogs and Cats...maybe) Plus, I lived overseas for most of my life and have thus encountered a myriad of meats. So...I'd eat the Horse!

Oh! I agree with MeatMe216. jrherring, your yard makes me hungry...no offense!
    Last edited by PrimalHooah; 06-07-2010 at 07:07 AM.

Grol is offline Senior Member
    I can't find grass fed beef out here in the desert. I don't want to pay online prices to have some shipped. The only time I did, the meat did not taste good to me at all. I'll eat grain fed organic that is available before dropping $200 bucks for something unknown again. I'm trying to cow pool for an angus steer that's 3 hours away with no luck. HOWEVER, I can horse pool on a wild horse (adopted from a program but now injured and being put down), and it's cheap, a buck a pound includes slaughter and butchering. I can even trade 2 pounds of horse for 1 pound of Camp Pendleton Bison, up to 50 pounds, but I need to buy 200 pounds of horse. I'm hesitant. Do I want that much horse? It would take up all my freezer space. I have a couple hours to decide.

Grol is offline Senior Member
    Also, I'm pretty sure it is illegal to hunt donkey here, but where I go for my desert hikes I inevitably see wild burros. They eat them in China and I guess they're pretty tasty too.

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    I would love to try horse. These days, since I am Primal, I will at least try anything Well.... a Dog might be different!!!!

Cook me up some horse!
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grol View Post
    and it's cheap, a buck a pound includes slaughter and butchering. I can even trade 2 pounds of horse for 1 pound of Camp Pendleton Bison, up to 50 pounds, but I need to buy 200 pounds of horse. I'm hesitant. Do I want that much horse? It would take up all my freezer space. I have a couple hours to decide.
    What a great deal, and thats still only 2bucks a pound for bison. DO IT!

claude512 is offline Senior Member
    I have eaten horse (it's really a local special here in Luxembourg, although rarely served these days), and I would again! (Look at my avatar here, that is the only horse I would not eat )
    The meat is very tender, and delicious with a nice onion/garlic/pepper or red wine sauce (it does have a slightly sweet taste, but you get used to that)

gini is offline Senior Member
    I've eaten horse stew when I lived in France. Pretty nice, actually.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast