Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alcohol - no, yes, maybe? page

wattfood is offline Member

Alcohol - no, yes, maybe?

Shop Now
    On the odd occasion is alcohol still a big no no?
    IF I am going to have a drink or two, is there a preferred type?

Thanks
    Claire

x Claire x
    31 y/o
    4'10"
    88kg (on 23/9/13)
    Practicing full primal

KiteKasia is offline Senior Member
    I think possibly the best out of the worst is red wine. And you can get it organic with a minimum of added toxic substances... Glass a day probably wouldn't be a good idea, neither few bottles at the weekend but from time to time it should be fine.

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Alcohol, yes.

Wine is the most primal form of it, but just drink what you like regardless.

I tend to not drink much at all since I went primal, but on the odd occasion with friends or family I'll still have the odd drink. Never on my own though.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Mutton is offline Senior Member
    Apple cider is another pretty primal option, if you choose a natural/organic type (as opposed to sweetened and artificially flavoured). It seems to be rising in popularity, so there are increasing varieties to choose from (at least here in Oz).

Ghshl is offline Senior Member
    Experiment on yourself. I drink way less than I used to, but that's partly because I have some goals with my training, and I can feel that I get derailed if I drink too often. I mainly drink beer and whisky, as I don't really fancy other stuff as much.

It's not entirely primal, but I don't notice any sideeffects of these drinks compared to others. So I chose to drink what I like.

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    i also drink a lot less than i used to, mostly because i'm trying to protect my precious sleep

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    I rather like the hard liquors myself, when I do drink. If it's just a once in awhile treat, I wouldn't stress about it.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Jimm is offline Member
    When people say a "little alcohol, like red wine is good for you" they don't mean Ethanol, they mean phytonutrients and crap in the wine or beer. That said, you do have a mechanism to deal with Ethanol, starting with Alcohol dehydrogenase-it is metabolized as acetate. This surely evolved because we occasionally eat old fruit. However the are no "benefits" to consuming Ethanol and while it won't wreck Ketosis or Fat loss it will stop it. Al the normal metabolic stuff stops until the ethanol is gone. Screw with it beyond that and you will synthesize more fat. Don't forget that plenty of wines have residual sugars. When I am heavily Ketotic, I drink 1-2 glasses of red wine 2 or 3 times a week and continue fat loss. When I am staying more or less "primal", not ketotic, I do still drink Scotch & Gin & Sherry. So as stated, it's fine for a treat. I drink expensive stuff and savor it.

Kegas76 is offline Senior Member
    You forgot to include the option, "Hell YEAH!!" in the title.

wattfood is offline Member
    Thanks everyone
    I ended up having about 6 glasses of organic Australian Shiraz over two days

I thought a dry organic wine was the best choice...

x Claire x
    31 y/o
    4'10"
    88kg (on 23/9/13)
    Practicing full primal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast