Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello, I'm a sugar addict. page

Chucky is offline Junior Member

Hello, I'm a sugar addict.

Shop Now
    Hello, I'm Chucky and I'm a sugar addict. It has been about 3 hours since my last fix. I often find myself in dark corners quaffing back fizzy drinks and cakes. I hide the wrappers from my girlfriend, but she knows. Even the dog has started to look at me with disgust and judgement. I need to change my lifestyle, and I need to do it now.

I have put on 65lbs in just twelve months and don't even recognise myself anymore. I am covered in very bad and painful spots, and often get inflamed skin. I was vomiting blood last month and was diagnosed with fatty liver disease. All in all, I had no clue that my health could dissipate so rapidly just from food!

Twelve months ago I was the manager of a nightclub, I was doing long hours and so I ate convenience foods… mainly fast food and chocolate. Before that, I was healthy, my body fat was 9%. Fast forward a year and I have 36% body fat, a ton more weight - I have gone from a 32 to a 40 in my trousers - and not in the good way. All in all I feel like a loser.

I move to a new city tomorrow, to start a new life, and hopefully have a new lifestyle. I read PBP by Mark six months ago, and it has been gathering dust ever since. I just needed the right time to implement it. I am hoping that reading your stories of success will help me to break my addiction and get my life back.

Any advice to help me get the sugar monkey off my back would be welcomed.

Manda63 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Chucky, I am just starting out after 3 years of depression and I gained 70lbs. I have been trying for a year to get my life back but just kept falling down again and again, but 5 days ago I woke up and felt strong in my mind. So here I am on day 5, it's hard the first week as some get low carb flu. I have it bad today, but I don't mind as I know in the next few days I will start to feel amazing. You just have to decide when you are going to take control of your life, I stopped looking in the mirror as I started to hate myself. This morning my face looks tired but less puffy On the 3rd day evening I had craving and was telling myself to go and have something that it would be okay and I could start again tomorrow. But I did not binge and fell asleep, I am so proud I did it. I am having a teaspoon of honey each day to help me get through this first week, I will give it up next week. And I hope to add it back later when I am completely under control. I hope you can find the strength to change your eating habits, as junk food will destroy your health and life.

Do you know only today I found some hidden wrappers in the spare room

Hi Manda, thanks for your reply. Well done for making it through the first week. I am sure by next week you will feel amazing! How bad have your cravings been on a 1-10 scale? I am guessing it is hard for you, living in Italy - the food there is amazing!

I start on monday and I am nervous; I have images of the film Trainspotting, where he locks himself in a room with a couple of buckets, lol.

Th 1st day was not so bad and I kept myself busy, plus I went for a hike which made me tired. 2nd day was simpler to the first and I would say my craving was scale 5, but the 3rd day was scale 8, it started in the night when I went to bed. I had been with 2 year olds all day and worked an 18h day, I was laying in bed trying to convince myself to get up and binge on junk. I kept saying you can start tomorrow go on you know you will start again. Its like there is 2 of you and your really trying to fight the other personalty, but for the first time in 1 year I beat her and fell asleep. I have been bingen for 3 years but the other 2 I never told myself to stop. It hard and you have to keep on trying and trying, never give up because one day you will be stronger than that silly person who is destroying you. Bad carbs make you unhappy, unhealthy, overweight the list is so long, you and only you can make this change and if you are here I believe you will

Living in Italy is hell, but I do a lot of my shopping in France.

Not seen that film in sooooooooooooo long, I left the UK in 1986.

Your coming off junk food not heroin, I know its a drug junk food and kills you slower then heroin. But you will be fine, I promise it won't be as bad as that

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
    Hello, how are your teeth ? mine were challenged by refined sugar and I was tired of getting fixed up by the dentist (time and money). So I stopped cold-turkey. I then replaced refined sugar with xylitol, and that was a big improvement. Xylitol has not been addictive, so now I don't feel like eating these crap sugary pseudo-foods (they also contain bad fats and wheat, and that fucks up even more by the way). So look into transitional solutions like xylitol or stevia based sweeteners. You don't have to lose your sweet tooth, just the refined sugar and crap ingredients that come with it (wheat, bad fats, weirdo chemicals).

alanwil2 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
    Don't know if this will help or not, but for myself what has really helped me with carb cravings and losing weight is to increase the amount of fat that I eat. I eat a lot of coconut oil and butter. Grass-fed butter tastes really good. The fat makes me feel full and I don't feel hungry. At meals I don't even feel like eating because I am not hungry. Many times I eat the oil and butter raw. Some people mix it with coffee. It is called bulletproof coffee. Eat fat, get thin. No sugar, no grains...FTW!!!

Cheers!

@Manda, thanks. Io amo í dolci, but I will do it. It helps having people in the same boat. You get extra points for doing it in a country with such amazing none-primal foods. When I kissed my girlfriend goodbye this morning I was thinking about Pizza... I will miss that the most. ... .

@FrenchFry - my teeth are fine, but I have to admit I have noticed a couple of holes this last year. I will give the sweetener a try... thanks for the advice. The problem is that there are so many 'weirdo chemicals', thow are you supposed to know what you can, and cannot eat? I thought that bacon was bacon and eggs were eggs - apparently not. It is so confusing.

Cheers Alan, but dude, that sounds horrible. You eat raw butter? lol. I am allergic to coconut, but I will give your bullet proof coffee a go. Yeah, I am starting to get that grains are the devil - how could Subway lie to us like that!?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast