Thread: Ready for change page

Momto3 is offline Senior Member

Ready for change

Hi there! I am excited to go primal! Here's my situation:
    Happily married, mom of three boys. I just had my third son 5 weeks ago. I have polycystic ovarian syndrome which has led to high triglycerides and low hdl. I have been one of those people "trying to do the right thing" for years now. I have switched to whole grains, low fat diet as recommended by conventional wisdom and seen only more weight gain. I am looking for change!
    Right now I am 35, 5'3" and 166lbs with 39% body fat(according to scale).
    I am nursing so can't lose weight too fast. I have starting easing my way back into exercising-still recovering from birth. I am thankful I can go for walks and hikes at least.
    Today I am going to get my cholesterol tested to give a starting point. Thankfully my husband is very supportive and is joining me. He is looking to lose some bodyfat. He has had high cholesterol for years now and was put on a statin. Yet after recently learning about the harmful vldl,looked at his numbers and realized his trig/hdl ratio is just fine. We are at the excited stage, but I am thankful there is a community to connect to as we join this adventure. I am excited to lose fat, have more energy and just enjoy food and life. Thanks!

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to the winning team

SRMnM is offline Member
    Hi there Momto3!! Congratulations on everything, giving birth (wow 3 times) and you and your husband deciding to make that change. With a primal diet you wont be sorry. It took me quite a while to make the change over completely but I have made it and have been 98% primal for about 3months and feel fantastic!
    I've noticed you mentioned both of you are concerned about cholesterol. You should have a good read of Marks thoughts on the subject, key things such as keeping omega3 and omega6 intake on a 1:1 ratio. This can be achieved by having a good intake of partially fatty meat, fish-oil supplement (1000-3000mg per day), and eating about 50g-100g of good nuts (no peanuts im afraid). Try to avoid buying any products with sugar or salt in them. Eggs are essential, (I like 2 soft-boiled every morning and 2 in an afternoon omlette with chives, dash of milk, mushys and a tomato). No fizzy drinks. They have high fructose corn syrup which is simply poison (and will ruin teeth).
    As for excercise, im sure for a few weeks walking will be great. As long as you dont eat s**t you will loose weight.
    I stongly recommend reading the Archives on this site. Such good information.

Puddymama is offline Senior Member
    From one nursing mama to another, please be sure to eat enough to keep up your milk supply. Your babiy needs that mama's milk and you don't want to do anything that might impact your supply.

Congratulations on the baby and your new lifestyle!

Momto3 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks so much for the welcome!

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatMe216 View Post
    Welcome to the winning team
    +1

If you give it a proper try, you'll never turn back.

chia is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    try and get LOTS of sunshine...NO sunscreen....just cover up after getting the important 15-30, depending on your skin colour...... your nursing baby will thank you for it once they grow up... ;-)