Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: farmers walk page 2

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbcbc2 View Post
    I refuse to do anything at a hectic pace.

Maybe literally sprints but my legs and feet aren't ready for those yet.
    Sprints are the only thing I'll do at an all-out pace. My form goes to hell when I'm tired, and it's too easy to injure myself.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbcbc2 View Post
    I refuse to do anything at a hectic pace.

Maybe literally sprints but my legs and feet aren't ready for those yet.
    Either sprint or don't. Don't do something that resembles a sprint in absolutely no way as a substitute for a sprint. Exercise bike is easier on your legs and feet. 20 seconds on, 1:40 off. As fast as you can go for 20 seconds. All out. 100%. Shark is chasing you on his exercise bike speed. 1:40 of hardly moving. Repeat. at least 6 times to start.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    The forearm is composed of many muscles. Some people work some and not others. My index finger, middle finger and thumb were stronger in my right hand (manipulating art stuff) and my ring and middle finger were stronger in my left (carrying). It's probably that your natural way of using your hands doesn't call your middle finger in to work too much. Get some grip-trainers and do lighter farmers' walks to build the muscle up. Also consume animal tendons and ligaments (in sausage-form, if you're ridiculously squeamish) to give your body materials to strengthen your own tendons.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Zach is offline Banned
    If you are trying to give your heart a workout without doing cardio then dont worry about %s. heavy walks, pushes and pulls all work the entire body including the heart and lungs. I am very anti cardio in that i dont see it having much benefit and many negatives. I think you can get very impressive results with just strength endurance work alone.

Things like high rep work, complexes, intervals, walks, pushes, pulls, will accomplish this nicely.

I try to add one of the above to almost every workout as a warmup or finisher, occasionally it will be an entire workout.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Maybe you should do farmer pushing the tractor.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12