Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Child Abuse? page 5

picklepete is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fireling View Post
    People don't actually KNOW what overweight looks like. They don't KNOW what obesity looks like.
    And they don't know what average looks like. Family gatherings are basically a herd a 300# men punching my shoulder and calling me scrawny or wimpy. I want to murder them all.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the support. He is hardheaded and resistant to any ideas of change I have. Right now I am trying to get him to quit eating grains as I really think that would help the psoriasis. But if I can convince him to try I will let you know!
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    No. You did the best you could with what you know.

In terms of your son, the real thing that I would try to work through is the psoriasis. My husband had this for years (from undernourishment), and he managed to heal it largely through dietary changes. It's amazing what cod liver oil can do.

You might ask your son if he would just like that single discomfort to go, and if he does, would he be willing to work with a naturopath/nutritionist to make it happen?

I know a good one (who works with my husband). She's here in Aus/NZ (bounces between the two countries), but she does skype sessions and all you have to do is send the samples away for testing and such. She's very non-judgmental and a great problem solver.

If you (or he) is interested.

I think that starting with one thing and seeing if you can get results over time makes a difference. One moves from fixing one problem to the next to the next to the next.
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    My husband's psoriosis was greatly improved by consuming grass fed butter, cod liver oil, and bone broth. It's easier for people to add-in than take-away. Fermented veggies will also help with his gut flora, even if he is still on grains/etc.

After he has add-ins, then he can start taking away -- if he wants.

It's worth a consdieration, at least.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by picklepete View Post
    And they don't know what average looks like. Family gatherings are basically a herd a 300# men punching my shoulder and calling me scrawny or wimpy. I want to murder them all.
    There goes your alibi...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345