Page 88 of 207 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal, SLD, Whole Whatever & Peat page 88

calee is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm cheering you all on with your hack. Seriously enviously. I can eat wy too mant pounds a day, never get full and flare
    Day 2 of low carb for me. Makes me want taters even more. That's ok, I can hang with carb withdrawal. Exactly 1 week to my anniversary date on this new desk job. 1 year up and down the same 5 pounds. I'll show them who's boss!

In other news, I started a new studio for the month of November. Still taking 10 pirates reformer classes at the old studio in November as well. The new place is The Bar Method. I think they have them all over. 60 minutes of hell. Yoga, hand weights, isometrics on the ballet bar. I thought I had strong quads from hiking, but no. I'm gonna be screaming in pain by the time I hit the reformer at 4pm today. I can't miss ths class as I love this tough instructor and he only does one day a week. I'd lie to say I hate The Bar Method, but truth is, it just kicked my tush from here to next week.

Ha! I was too exhausted to be crying about carb withdrawal.

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Ok, so I do eat them plain most of the time but ... Find myself unwilling to give up my morning cup of bone broth with gelatin. I only put in 1 TB of gelatin, hope it doesn't mess with results. It's my version of morning coffee!

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    I'm cheering you all on with your hack. Seriously enviously. I can eat wy too mant pounds a day, never get full and flare
    Day 2 of low carb for me. Makes me want taters even more. That's ok, I can hang with carb withdrawal. Exactly 1 week to my anniversary date on this new desk job. 1 year up and down the same 5 pounds. I'll show them who's boss!

In other news, I started a new studio for the month of November. Still taking 10 pirates reformer classes at the old studio in November as well. The new place is The Bar Method. I think they have them all over. 60 minutes of hell. Yoga, hand weights, isometrics on the ballet bar. I thought I had strong quads from hiking, but no. I'm gonna be screaming in pain by the time I hit the reformer at 4pm today. I can't miss ths class as I love this tough instructor and he only does one day a week. I'd lie to say I hate The Bar Method, but truth is, it just kicked my tush from here to next week.

Ha! I was too exhausted to be crying about carb withdrawal.
    Ha, that Bar Method class sounds awesome! Wish they had at my gym. I do Pilates at home and it's good but not as intense as your class sounds.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    I'm settled into a potato day on the days I do arial yoga and rock climbing. It seems to refuel me nicely on those days. I also have cottage cheese on those days.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Zanna, I kept my bone broth and gelatin during my potato hack week and I had great results. Not only that but I also put a TBS of ghee and 1/4 cup bone broth in every 24 ounce batch of potatoes. It kept them nicely moist. I make them in the morning and then just let them sit on the counter all day. I like room temp potatoes but not cold ones.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Leaflard is offline Senior Member
    I've found that a wee bit of condiment helps a lot. BBQ sauce like bone suckin' sauce is clean. Mustard is great. Also adding in some herbs or spices to hash browns helps a lot too. But most of the time I just like them plain. Tater wedges low and slow in the stove to get crispy. Russets are my favorite because of the chewy skin.

Oh, also, I've been letting a bag of frozen hash browns from TJs thaw in the fridge overnight and then put them in a bowl. To those I sprinkle on some gelatin and dried herbs. Good time to add in any fat you may be using, and then toss it all up. Cook them low and slow in a big nonstick pan. Delicious.

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    frozen hash browns here always have fat on them, wish we had some which are plain.
    Also most frozen chips/fries have oil or gluten added, I did find a make that had no gluten, but the fat was still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    frozen hash browns here always have fat on them, wish we had some which are plain.
    Also most frozen chips/fries have oil or gluten added, I did find a make that had no gluten, but the fat was still there.
    Eww. Well, there is always the option to make them from scratch, though I've never been able to get them to come out the same. Sorry that you have to deal with that. :-(. I really think the gelatin could help with satiety.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaflard View Post
    Oh, also, I've been letting a bag of frozen hash browns from TJs thaw in the fridge overnight and then put them in a bowl. To those I sprinkle on some gelatin and dried herbs. Good time to add in any fat you may be using, and then toss it all up. Cook them low and slow in a big nonstick pan. Delicious.
    Are those just potatoes or is there added stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel