Page 8 of 205 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal, SLD, Whole Whatever & Peat page 8

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Joanie, also..do you worry at all about the non Atlantic ocean nori containing radioactive crap? I can't decide if that is a valid or silly fear.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    There have been some studies (I have no links right now because I'm just posting) that show that a little poison can sometimes be better than none. Some homeopathy uses that philosophy. So, four cigarettes per day are better than none. A little radiation, mercury, etc., is better than none.

Also, just observationally, I see a lot of posts here of people who had no problems with wheat or dairy, etc., until they cut it completely from their diets. Then one exposure, and they're sick. In addition, there are some people who think that one of the reasons we get sick so easily is that we have sterilized our environment to the point of paranoia.

You can probably see where I'm going. Just for me, I think a little exposure to the toxins in the environment is better than none, and certainly better than chronic exposure. So, the occasional bagel won't kill you, but cereal for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch, and pasta for supper for 30 years, won't be good. A good cigar once a month won't kill you, but 30 cigarettes per day probably will.

Oops, how I do go on. I don't worry about radioactive crap because I don't eat enough nori for it to be a concern. Now, if I start eating 50 sheets per week, I'll take a second look. Because sometimes the dosage determines whether or not a thing is a poison.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

And all of a sudden, I have a vision of you smoking a cigar..for health.

Yeah, I agree with your take on it. I just wasn't sure if it was a OMG..you didn't buy Atlantic ocean nori or eh..don't sweat it.

The lox and salmon was tasty, but it did two things. It made me realize I want the lox on a bagel (going to get one tomorrow) and I am going to buy a little ahi and make some sushi rice and roll up some rolls. A trip to the Jewish deli and the Asian grocery store will happen tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed for baby octopus.

My cable keeps blinking on and off with the wind and rain. The season premier of Homeland is tonight. The wind has exactly 23 minutes to settle down or I will need to kick its ass.

calee is offline Senior Member
    Yay Joanie, you tell it!

After my Whole75, I reallyndontnfeel I'll effects from wheat and dairy. But now I really get what nightshades and egg whites do to me. I think it's about learning our own story. I won't eat wheat often, but on occasion I will.

Thanks for the Cheezey recipe OG. I gave the ingredients and will give it a go often my Florida trip. how long does it stay good in the fridge?

I had a great day. My morning walk on the new Bay Bridge was fantastic. Slight malfunction though. Someone told me it was a 4.1 mile walk. All good. What I didn't understand was that it was 4.1 EACH way. So an 8.2 mile walk that I wasn't expecting. Date was a noon but I didn't get home till 11:56 and had to take a quick shower.

Afternoon was a two hour lunch with great conversation followed by a trip to the Asian Art Museum.

Perfect day!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Uwajimaya, you really are close by! I like when the catch the fish and the people gather around to get splashed with that disgusting water and cheer and clap like it's a good thing, ha ha. I once thought about rescuing a short-body tilapia from there for my aquarium, but he had parasites hanging out of his vent and I wasn't up for a battle like that.

We just attended a radiation lecture at the survival expo thingy. Not sure what to think of it. Suddenly I'm looking for proof that there isn't a problem with my seafood!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

calee is offline Senior Member
    OG, I will TiVo Homeland so you can come watch it here. Only problem is I didnt watch Season 2 yet, so you'll have to sit through that first.

I agree. I've had lox roll ups and it just isn't the same as on a bagel.

I have my cottage cheese for lunch tomorrow. Is it smoked oysters I'm supposed to be eating. I've been kinda off meat this past week but I figure I'll get as much as I want from the lunch and dinner buffets in Florida. Hopefully good seafood. I'm not great at traversing buffets so I'll go for the protein and imported cheese and fatal ads. Ha! Auto correct. I meant I'd go for salads.

Knife you are in Seattle area right? I didn't know there was one there. I am in Portland. I like watching those silly people too. Does yours have a restaurant attached?

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I didn't know there was one in Portland! Cool! I know it's huge, almost like a mini-mall. It must have an eatery in there, but I haven't seen it in like two years, now that I don't ride the bus.

I buy nori sheets at the local asian and russian markets. We were thinking of switching it out for non-radioactive kelp. Know of a good source?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Calee, how fun to walk the new bridge. Lol..I wondered what the heck a fatal ad. Yes, you will find lots of great seafood.

I think the oysters have things that other bi-valves don't. I have to say that I much prefer the taste and texture of the clams, but Derp says eat oysters so I do.

I have only made one batch of the cheeze..I think it would last a good long time. Maybe you want to make a half batch. I melted some over some fingerling potatoes. Soooo good.

I have decided I dont like the chocolate pudding. Too darn stiff. I think I will try it without the cocoa like it was in the original recipe.

The storm has passed. Cable behaved itself. Homeland was great. Didn't have to save any frogs tonight.

Knife, you probably have to go to a place like Whole Foods or Central Market type of place. I guess there are brands of pacific ocean nori that have been tested and show no radiation. They have several organic brands on Amazon too...I wonder if that means no radiation. I didn't click and read.

Page 8 of 205 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast