Page 29 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal, SLD, Whole Whatever & Peat page 29

Leaflard is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    OG, yes, I'm with you there. I'm super picky about the quality of my dairy and eggs. Since being this way I can't stand the flavor of supermarket eggs. I remember ages ago my first trip to the UK, and being served orange-yolked eggs. They freaked me out because that just wasn't normal! Lol

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Lol..no kidding!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

maigrey is offline Member
    Hey there!

I'm back from the Bears game - beautiful day for it, and I probably even got a sunburn, oops! Turns out you can totally bring food in without a problem, and I even managed to (shhh) sneak a bottle of water in as well. Small towels are great =). I packed up turkey slices wrapped around avocado slivers (yummmmmmm) and a container of pineapple and berries from Whole Paycheck. SO Good. Too bad the game wasn't up to those standards, but oh well. At least I got my steps in!

I got home and all of a sudden had daydreams of soooooooshi and pad see ew. I realized I was actually just tired and made a deal with myself that if I was still desiring those when I woke up, we'd get something. I slept for an hour and could probably have just stayed in bed all night, but I had a quick meeting I had to deal with, so I got up. And surprisingly (or not so, really), I didn't want soooooshi/thai. I actually decided to make... Egg Drop Soup! I scanned the archives for OG and Turq's conversation and consulted Chef Google, and cooked that up. I may have overcooked the eggs a bit, but not too terribly.

And I added 2 Tbsp Gelatin, and OG is right, it added that nice little shine

And now I'm relaxing with a cherry fizz (100% tart cherry juice, splash of lime, fill with 16oz seltzer) and watching my soapy tv (mmm Revenge and Good Wife).

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Glad you liked the egg drop soup! I love finding new ways to take gelatin.

Next project: chocolate sorbet with gelatin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Maigrey, what a lovely evening. You got me in the mood for egg drop so I had to make some. Once the egg hits the hot liquid, it's pretty much done. Egg drop soup and episode 2 of Homeland. Lil bit of heaven.

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    Re the food reaction I didn’t used to pay attention to it before, but a Dr I saw a couple of months ago asked me to pay good attention to anything new I eat, she said if I am allergic/intolerant to a food, I should feel a slight difference in my eczema within a short time, she is right, normally my eczema is calm, after eating a specific food, I do feel a slight itchy / scratchy, I really should keep a record of it, so nuts is one of the bad things, this is disappointing, although I love nuts I have been able to cut them out successfully for months now, however, this also means no nut milk or nut spread either the only milk that was OK for me in the past is rice milk, but that too high in carsb!!
    Bad food No2: yesterday I had a glass of red wine (from a pub – merlot so am sure it had sulphite) I drank it slow, within 30 minutes I felt itchy at the eczema are on my leg, I am not sure if it’s the wine or the sulphite in the wine, when I was in France last and drank lots of red wine, it was sulphite free, but then I wasn’t on the elimination diet and wasn’t paying attention.
    As you all know I also had butter/ghee, and a few spoons of clotted cream here and there, that was Ok but I need to be 100% sure, I will try very hard to stay clean for a couple of days now (was supposed to be clean yesterday – but went out with my friend and had the wine !!) Then I want to introduce something new – I know for sure yoghurt and milk are bad bad bad for me, so not sure where to place dairy yet!
    As for Eggs, I’ve been eating them as you know now and again, about 3 times last week, thing is I had them at the canteen here at work, but I am not happy with that as not sure what kind of oil they fry the eggs in, but at home I try to use butter/ghee/goose fat etc… so actually up to now am still not sure if the eggs are stopping my eczema from healing. I’d need to do a few days to a week without eggs; it’s not really hard if I am determined to bring my own food from home I wouldn’t need to have the eggs in the canteen, and at home if desperate for eggs (doubt it) I can use the yolks for a while.

Oh yesterday I went to Costco and got loads and loads of meat, steak/ ground beef (ground steak)/ lamb / salmon I should have enough meat for at least 2 weeks now. That may not seem a long time to you US peeps, but I don’t have a huge freezer, so 2 weeks’ worth of meat is a biggie for me.

If I introduce some sweet treat to my diet I think the steak & egg would be perfect, something like a berries and cream as my dinner would make it a perfect treat and I’d have all the pleasure I need in a diet !
    Last edited by Hotmail; 10-07-2013 at 02:48 AM.

Primal, SLD, Whole Whatever & Peat

I used to drink a slushie made with watermelon and sprite when I was little. I wonder how well frozen cubed watermelon works with a bit of lime and raw honey in the food processor...

I will have to wait until weds to try. That is my next carb refeed. I am doing steak, lamb, eggs, butter, and bone broth in between. (My modified s&e since this may).

Oh and OG my Popsicle molds came!!

------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

calee is online now Senior Member
    Honey, I'm home. Fat and Sassy. Well really, fluffy and tired. Have to work today. Will refocus tomorrow. Glad to see all of you having fun with gelatin. That's actually one thing I managed to do once a day whie in Florida. It felt like we were either eating or drinking, All.day.long.

Turqoise I made watermelon ice pops. I loved them. I don't know why, but this last batch of ice pops are not hitting the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    Turqoise I made watermelon ice pops. I loved them. I don't know why, but this last batch of ice pops are not hitting the spot.

I am gonna make piña colada ones first I think.

Yayyyyy.

Also making chocolate jello ice cubes. If they don't taste good I will food process it for chocolate sorbet.

------