Page 28 of 207 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal, SLD, Whole Whatever & Peat page 28

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Again..me too. I keep waking up clawing my eyes. Lovely picture..I know. Stuffy nose too. I can't figure out if it's sugar or dairy or combo. Or is it the glass of wine? I keep trying to blame it on my shampoo.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    Again..me too. I keep waking up clawing my eyes. Lovely picture..I know. Stuffy nose too. I can't figure out if it's sugar or dairy or combo. Or is it the glass of wine? I keep trying to blame it on my shampoo.

Gonna start with dairy... I suspect only non-raw dairy does this to me though. When I nibble on raw cheddar it doesn't do much. Then this weekend I overdid it with a huge chunk (16oz) of organic part-skim mozzarella (ahh it was on sale and I couldn't resist) and woke up with the world's biggest pimple on my chin. Wahhh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Gack..no cottage cheese. Sigh. I would like to figure out what is causing my itches. Maybe it's the fighting on the forums.

Leaflard is offline Senior Member
    I never liked or drank milk because it always made me phlegmatic. I was a little leery of adding it in for that reason and because its milk, yanno? Gross! Lol. Cheese also made feel this way but cheese is awesome, so stuffy or not, I'd eat the cheese.

Fast forward to the present and I'm eating both; surprisingly, more milk than cheese. I'm not stuffy at all.

I think the things that were making me react were things added to supermarket dairy and not necessarily the dairy itself. I've made sure that everything I've eaten has been devoid of any gums and fillers. I mean they add sawdust to shredded cheese these days! Ugh.

It's so hard to avoid the crap in our industrial world, no wonder people throw their hands up and give up. It's a full time job to be vigilant.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    mango sorbet (frozen mango chunks, a tiny bit of light coconut milk, 2tbsp gelatin, a tiny bit of organic maple syrup) for post workout. Topped with more light coconut milk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Yum!! That looks amazing.

Yum!! That looks amazing.

+1

Leaf..interesting. I am super careful about the dairy I consume. I buy what little milk I use from Kookoolan farms. Raw dairy from pastured cows. Cheese is from a small dairy in Washington that has maybe 12 cows. Cottage cheese..Daisy.

I think I will dump all dairy and see how it goes.

Latest Keep Portland Weird photo. What is better than Darth playing flaming bagpipes?

Last edited by oceangrl; 10-06-2013 at 01:04 PM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Latest Keep Portland Weird photo. What is better than Darth playing flaming bagpipes?

Walk across the street and buy that man a Voodoo doughnut! Lol