Page 26 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal, SLD, Whole Whatever & Peat page 26

Leaflard is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I actually defrosted some grassfed liver that I've had in the deep freeze for a long time yesterday. My intention was to weigh out small portions and cut them up into little pieces that could be frozen and then swallowed whole like a pill. I really dislike liver that much.

I stood there and looked at the nasty thing and decided to man up and try it again. I took an ounce, after soaking, and pan seared it in a bit of Kerrygold.

Surprisingly, it wasn't bad. Much to the chagrin of my dog, I ate it all.

Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    Thanks Leaf. Every recipe said soak it so I think I will. My friend Shannon is up in your neighborhood. Dinner at El Gaucho and Bon Jovi concert.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    Ha! My trainer is also there tonight. The Tacoma Dome is going to be rockin'. I, however, am in bed reading and cringing at the behavior, by both sides, in the new nasty thread. Why do people take the bait? Oh well.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Oh I know. The OP was actually comending the site for good behavior and then all hell broke loose. I would have stayed out until I was mentioned. Sigh.

Oh I know. The OP was actually comending the site for good behavior and then all hell broke loose. I would have stayed out until I was mentioned. Sigh.

I really enjoy the good-natured banter because I've learned a great deal from both sides. That's why I read the forums, so that I can sift through and glean the wheat from the chaff. This aggressive and nasty behavior is only going to weaken this forum because I think the ban hammer is going to fall this time. It makes me sad.

I agree. At first the whole Peat thing irritated me. I come from a heavily moderated forum, so it was all confusing to me. I have come to greatly appreciate the different views. I can say I glean from each camp that works for me.

I agree. At first the whole Peat thing irritated me. I come from a heavily moderated forum, so it was all confusing to me. I have come to greatly appreciate the different views. I can say I glean from each camp that works for me.

Absolutely. Thing is, the Peat principles can be 100% primal in practice. Am I pounding down Mexicokes and granulated sugar? Nope. I've simply started eating more dairy, shellfish, fruit, gelatin, organ meat and honey. Works for me. In fact, it's working really well for me. To each their own. As far as I'm concerned, eyes on my own plate!

Quote Originally Posted by Leaflard View Post
    Absolutely. Thing is, the Peat principles can be 100% primal in practice. Am I pounding down Mexicokes and granulated sugar? Nope. I've simply started eating more dairy, shellfish, fruit, gelatin, organ meat and honey. Works for me. In fact, it's working really well for me. To each their own. As far as I'm concerned, eyes on my own plate!
    Yep..we are dietary twins. Eyes on your own plate is the best advice ever. Go say that.

Yep..we are dietary twins. Eyes on your own plate is the best advice ever. Go say that.

Oh HELL no! Lol. I have survival instinct. ;-)

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I love you too Joanie. Please just ask me before you assume I have become a Pied Piper follower. Just ask. Nuff said.