Page 25 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal, SLD, Whole Whatever & Peat page 25

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Ohhh..oakey and buttery...I love chardonnays like that. There was an amazing one back in the nineties when I worked at McCormicks restaurants (before it was a chain). Then it became uncool to like the oakey/buttery. I fought it, but I lost. I don't think any of them are oakey/buttery.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

maigrey is offline Member
    That's why I generally don't do chard until my third glass!

I'm more of a fan of the pinot gris/grigo for whites, pretty much for that reason.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

calee is online now Senior Member
    OMG I hope you're right about Grey Goose. That's all I have to say. G'nite all.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member

Primal, SLD, Whole Whatever & Peat

Hey OG!

Have you made flan with gelatin before? I am considering this recipe except with lite coconut milk for my carb day tomorrow.

http://m.justapinch.com/recipes/dess...ch-creamy.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

I haven't. I made eggless chocolate pudding, but I didn't love it. It was too gelatinous. I think I like such things to be soft and creamy. I will try the flan though. It looks so good. Will you add sugar to it to make up for the condensed milk?

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    I haven't. I made eggless chocolate pudding, but I didn't love it. It was too gelatinous. I think I like such things to be soft and creamy. I will try the flan though. It looks so good. Will you add sugar to it to make up for the condensed milk?

Yep! Coconut sugar and regular sugar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

I could live on puddings and flan.

Okay, I bought a box of sliced calf liver the other day. I haven't tackled it. I actually don't mind chicken liver, but I haven't found a source for pastured chicken livers yet. I keep looking at it in my freezer. Anyone have an amazing recipe? I haven't googled, but I was just going to pan sear it real quick and top it with caramelized onions. I like the idea of some Balsamic vinegar to cut through the murky flavor of the liver. I have some fresh figs that I bought for balsamic fig chicken. I could use a couple for the liver, but not sure.

Leaflard is offline Senior Member
    OG, soak it in some milk for awhile before pan searing. It mellows the flavor.

PrimalCon New York
    Thanks Leaf. Every recipe said soak it so I think I will. My friend Shannon is up in your neighborhood. Dinner at El Gaucho and Bon Jovi concert.