Page 17 of 208 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal, SLD, Whole Whatever & Peat page 17

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maigrey View Post
    Hots,

If you try your MCT right when you get home, you should be ok... for me it was about 2 hours of needing to be near a restroom, if that helps.
    Thanks very much

OK Peeps I am finding the butter coffee has a much better effect on my appetite supression than oil ever did.. I know the effect will be less within time thought.

Anyone actually lost weight after butter coffee or BP coffee? I am not weighing but don't fancy gaining even if I am able to do IF the butter calories do add up.

calee is offline Senior Member
    I'd love to know the answer about the butter coffee too. I just can't seem to get into the oil in a proper fashion. Butter in decaf I could do.

Hey, look at this link - I got this Ghee, but according to them Ghee = Clarified butter

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pukka-Organi...arified+butter

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    As long as you take into account the extra calories from butter (I use homemade ghee) coffee, you shouldn't gain weight. Fat is fat and 1 tbs mtc and 1 tbs ghee have the same amount of calories.

Calee, don't forget about reverse mortgages. Not saying you should do it, but it's something to look into.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Ah I expected the calorie reply to come from Julie lol

Re the mortgages, we have something called equity release for pensioners, so if you have a lot of equity in your home, the mortgage company will loan you a lot of money to live on, you could use the home as a security, pensioners can live at the house as long as they live, but when they die the house goes back to the loan/mortgage company, not to their kids/relatives, is this what you call reverse mortgage?

A good option for anyone who doesn't have kids and not having to worry about inheritance.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Hot..that is EXACTLY what a reverse mortgage is. Good for some depending on the situation.

I fully believe that calories do matter in the end. I never count calories or macros, but after being a serial dieter since the age of 45 or so (I am 59 now), I have a pretty good calculator in my brain. The SLD works for me more than AS. It keeps me from mindlessly munching which I tend to do when I am thin.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

OG, yes calories started to matter a lot after the age of 45, only honestly I can't do lower calories when on a varied diet, just when am able to do high fat high protein diet.

Calories the final frontier for middle-aged women like us lol

Leaflard is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    OG, yes calories started to matter a lot after the age of 45, only honestly I can't do lower calories when on a varied diet, just when am able to do high fat high protein diet.

Calories the final frontier for middle-aged women like us lol
    I agree completely on the importance of calories and eating things that give you satiety! Eating Peatesque gives me that satiety and also keeps the calories in check.

I started eating this way on the 6th of last month and have been steadily losing the fat I gained earlier this summer when I faceplanted into a trough while transitioning into being single again. I've gotten my shit together and am feeling great. I'm just not very hungry these days. Gelatin and dairy really fill me up and the fruit gives me plenty of energy. All that with liver and shellfish provide great nutrition too.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I actually haven't counted calories since September 12th... first time, in like, um 500 years.

So freeing!

You know what I noticed when counting, was that with SLD I wasn't as hungry, right? Right. So when
    I'd input my food/calories for the day and noted that I was say, only at 700 calories for the day, that then
    I would flip flop back and forth "am I hungry? how about now? I should be hungry. Am I hungry NOW?"

So I'd do that until I would finally EAT something because, well, who LIVES eating 700 cals for the day, right?

Hahahahahaha!

SO, since NOT counting, I know the calories are low (after you've counted calories for 30yrs, you know the count
    of EVERYTHING), but I don't know how many I have "left"... "in case I'm hungry".

Lots of low days and then all of a sudden I'll have an ultimate Snake Day... or weekend.

My Stupid Shit weekends don't really count. I mean, they count, cuz I'm eating a fuckton of CRAP, but it's crap...
    so nutriiiiiiitionally it doesn't count.

When it's Not That Time Of The Month, calories vary and then I have a day when I eat a ton of GOOD food another
    day. Where before I would see what my deficit was and either hem and haw about if I was hungry or not, or justify
    that I "deserved, or had room for" a bucket of chocolate chips.

In any event, it's been nice taking a break from counting.

Today I've had 3 eggs, 7g butter, 6 tomatoes from my garden and two shots of oil. Not hungry one bit.

But tomorrow I may be starving. WHO KNOWS.

Okay, my whole spiel was apropos of basically NOTHING, but this is what this journal is for.

For me to talk about anydamnthingiwant and not care if I'm understood, cuz I'm krazy with a K anyway.

~Anonymous