Page 133 of 208 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 2074

Thread: Primal, SLD, Whole Whatever & Peat

Shop Now
    TQP if you haven't had dried fruit for a while, please let your stomach get used to it before going on the trip, else you may have to stop the care and go behind a bush..

Yes I did have a lot of medjooli dates when I had my pure fruitarian stint, and did the banana madjooli smoothie, honestly it wasn't for me, I do prefer to have dates as chocolate/wine gum replacement, its good for that.

Tonight I just fancied a huge portion of steamed potatoes for dinner with salt... hmmm it was amazing.

Primal, SLD, Whole Whatever & Peat

Yeah haha. I have had Turkish figs dried recently. No problems like running to the bathroom... Probably because I never have more than 3-5 at a time. I prefer juice + gelatin to dried fruits actually... Too much fiber makes me feel fat and "heavy" I can't explain...
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Someone delivered a big package of dried fruits and nuts to my boss for the holidays. I won't open it till my office partner is around. I have my eye on the dates and nuts. She can have the rest of the sugar laden dried fruit. Her family is allergic to nuts so it's easy.

I couldn't open it while alone. It was a frustrating afternoon and I would have eaten out of frustration. I was feeling a little sorry for myself today. Not a good combo! Went to Pilates instead and stuck to lower carb for the day. going to sleep feeling ood about my choices today.

Happy Wednesday. Annual review went fabulously well yesterday. Dinner with guy tonight before he leaves for the holidays. Probably alone in the office all day. Behind on work so this is a good time to catch up some.

I'm feeling a bit lonesome about the holidays. Z will be in Italy and Paris for the holidays. I chose not o go back east because the ticket was over $900. Maybe that was a poor choice on my part. Oh well, I'll play with friends here at home.

Am the opposite thinking of cancelling going away for the holiday, think the weather there will be terrible and prefer to be at home... will wait until early next week if the forecast there still bad, will postpone my flight.

Ooooh, just felt a bit of throbbing pain in my little finger, it could be the start of my joint ache, I've been having mainly persimmon and clementines / satsumas ..... perhaps I should go back to bananas and pears again, but I still have about 6 persimmons left... perhaps just drop the clementines / satsumas, the persimmons should be finished in the next day or so.

Need to get more bananas anyway, but hate shopping during the week, I like it during the weekend, I went shopping for a salad this lunch time, but totally forgot to pick some nanas

Try freezing the persimmons? They would be yummy in a pudding gelatin later. I'm sure TQP could hook you up.

Calee, yes thought of freezing them, I always freeze bananas, have you tried frozen banana ice-cream? its really amazing, if you have bananas which are going too ripe, just cut them up, freeze them, once frozen take them out whiz them in the blender, honest to god you'd feel this is just sooooo naughty, but its only bananas !!

I tried the gelatine pudding and didn't like it, I prefer straight fruit sorbet (blended frozen fruit), so tried this with banana, mangos, berries etc.

In fact I haven't had gelatine for ages now, I got out of the habit, mainly cuz I stopped havign tea/coffee, but should sprinkle it on my food I suppose.

I love frozen bananas. I just eat them straight out of the freezer.

I was having an emotional day yesterday. I followed my oes into the organic bakery a few doors down, not once but two different times. The smells coming from there were amazing. Not sure if it was the bread or the thin crust pizza. They do one special pizza a day. I kept reminding myself that I don't want to be eating wheat. I walked out both times. Headed to Trader Joes for a banana and an apple for lunch followed by 2 squares of 85% chocolate. Lunch felt like treat enough.

Had a tough conversation with guy last night. My initiation but sad nevertheless and particularly at holiday time.

I get your wanting to stay home Hots. I do have friends to play with here at home and I'm working everyday crept Xmas and new years day so I'll be busy.

I'm not feeling particularly holiday cheery but I'll perk up.

I'm seriously considering a W30 in January.

Shop Now
    Calee, not sure what to advise you, I was doing all these restrictive and VLC/LC and all kind of cleansing challenges, 30 days free this and 30 days free that for so many years now, honestly I only felt good since I started Peat, but not because its Peat per se, but because it allowed me to try different food groups that I thought are a big no no, starches and fruit, cottage cheese etc, you know what the sky didn’t fall, I didn’t become obese, it just showed me I can relax, I haven't gained any weight eating a varied diet, in the last few months my clothes actually becoming slowly looser, including days when I junked up on wine gums, or yesterday when I had Bailys lol (its Xmas) las weekend I ate meat cooked in rice a few times.
    VLC / LC used to be in the past was one step forward, two steps back, cycle of: fall off the wagon gain 5lb, panic go strict LC, lose 8lb in the first week, feel fantastic thinking this is it, you will never eat carbs again la la la la, then no further weight loss for a few weeks, I get frustrated, fall off the wagon for a day, gain back all the weight lost, panic, repeat the cycle... all those years I really think damaged my metabolism... LC does make you lose weight at the start, but at the end it made me gain, and it made it very hard for me lose, I lost a lot of weight on S&E, I was 117lb, but at the end I noted I was gaining eating exactly the same amount of meat, so I needed to go further and do IFing etc to keep the weight off it was just unhealthy and I was becoming so unhappy... this way ( lots of raw fruit and veg, one cooked meal with low fat meat - but a lot less than I used to eat before- and starches) is slower to lose weight, but I don't feel deprived, and feel happy, and if I mess up one day, then I don't get up the next morning all bloated up and 5lbs heavier. However, I have less desire to mess up as I eat a lot of sweet fruit.
    If you really are craving the pizza, why not have it? I think if you love a food item and have it once a month or so, it will be fine. You can also get your own gluten free pizza base and make one at home...
    Sorry for the lecture, but you seem to be really frustrated with your eating plan, and life is really too short, find something you enjoy, life is so much more enjoyable if we we comfortable with what we eat and how we feel about it