Page 133 of 200 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1999

Thread: Primal, SLD, Whole Whatever & Peat page 133

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Can you also have some dried fruit like dates or figs, you can have a small amounts of it, but its good travel food.

I had dates today for the first time in ages, really didn't want to have the winegums, it was plain dates no fat added, and do hope the glowing skin effect works with dates also.

Calee, yes think the sleep also a good factor in skin thing, especially the less dark circle, so perhaps me eating lots fo bananas and potatoes which helped me sleep so well, was also the cause of my fresh fresh face !!

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Hots you should try medjool dates in smoothies. Omg. Caramel.

I can have dried fruits I just would prefer fresh ones so I don't eat 3000cals in one sitting. XD I might get one package of Turkish figs because I don't overeat those.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Lee, I was talking about food combining in my post last week or a few days ago or whenever it
    was, not mono-eating.

Also, you and your son can have the 500 mile walk!! Ack!!!

Hots, the persimmon I tried that was dry and yuck, just wasn't ripe enough yet. The one I tried
    recently was very sweet and juicy cuz I let it sit on the counter forever. Still not my favorite though.

I'm still having my green slop when I get hungry, then fruit later, then usually a potato or sweet
    potato around 3pm and then whatever's for dinner around 6.

I haven't noticed any deleterious effects from any of it. Not even the 100% HIGH CARB part.

TQP if you haven't had dried fruit for a while, please let your stomach get used to it before going on the trip, else you may have to stop the care and go behind a bush..

Yes I did have a lot of medjooli dates when I had my pure fruitarian stint, and did the banana madjooli smoothie, honestly it wasn't for me, I do prefer to have dates as chocolate/wine gum replacement, its good for that.

Tonight I just fancied a huge portion of steamed potatoes for dinner with salt... hmmm it was amazing.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member

Primal, SLD, Whole Whatever & Peat

Yeah haha. I have had Turkish figs dried recently. No problems like running to the bathroom... Probably because I never have more than 3-5 at a time. I prefer juice + gelatin to dried fruits actually... Too much fiber makes me feel fat and "heavy" I can't explain...
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

calee is offline Senior Member
    Someone delivered a big package of dried fruits and nuts to my boss for the holidays. I won't open it till my office partner is around. I have my eye on the dates and nuts. She can have the rest of the sugar laden dried fruit. Her family is allergic to nuts so it's easy.

I couldn't open it while alone. It was a frustrating afternoon and I would have eaten out of frustration. I was feeling a little sorry for myself today. Not a good combo! Went to Pilates instead and stuck to lower carb for the day. going to sleep feeling ood about my choices today.

Happy Wednesday. Annual review went fabulously well yesterday. Dinner with guy tonight before he leaves for the holidays. Probably alone in the office all day. Behind on work so this is a good time to catch up some.

I'm feeling a bit lonesome about the holidays. Z will be in Italy and Paris for the holidays. I chose not o go back east because the ticket was over $900. Maybe that was a poor choice on my part. Oh well, I'll play with friends here at home.

Am the opposite thinking of cancelling going away for the holiday, think the weather there will be terrible and prefer to be at home... will wait until early next week if the forecast there still bad, will postpone my flight.

Ooooh, just felt a bit of throbbing pain in my little finger, it could be the start of my joint ache, I've been having mainly persimmon and clementines / satsumas ..... perhaps I should go back to bananas and pears again, but I still have about 6 persimmons left... perhaps just drop the clementines / satsumas, the persimmons should be finished in the next day or so.

Need to get more bananas anyway, but hate shopping during the week, I like it during the weekend, I went shopping for a salad this lunch time, but totally forgot to pick some nanas

Try freezing the persimmons? They would be yummy in a pudding gelatin later. I'm sure TQP could hook you up.