Page 127 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 2063

Thread: Primal, SLD, Whole Whatever & Peat page 127

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yes we have two types, there is one which is really hard and takes forever to chew/eat, hate that, but there are ones which are softer gelatin, and those are the ones I like, anyway, I must stop having them, really need to clean up my eating again, but not sure which clean up plant to go, stick to Peat or do a week of S&E or 3 days potato diet, I hated the potato diet when on it, S&E is easier for me and more versatile, if I do just to clean up the bad food from my daily intake and get over the sugar once more, it maybe best !! but need to make up my mind. Its going to be hard anyway I do it cuz there are quite a few Xmas dinners/drinks etc in the next couple of weeks, then am going home which will be food catastrophe !!

8th of Jan should be the nearest next day I can properly do a long term plan !!

calee is offline Senior Member
    I'm so hungry today. I feel like I want to eat everything I can get my hands on. Pilates this morning was harder than expected. They changed the class format to be tougher. It was class five of the week and my muscles are tired. I got in a 30 minute walk going to class. The farmers market was bustling. Came home with arugula, persimmons and pomegranate to add to a goat cheese salad. I foundc18 year aged balsamic vinegar up in Healdsburg. I haven't tried it yet as I'm squeezing the last bits out of my stash from Spain. So think it barely will drip and golly it's good on greens. I hope the new stuff is great or else I'm taking an empty suitcase back to Spain.

I need to get off my ass and clean up around here. Guy is back from LA in time for dinner tonight. Cooking for him.mprefer he cooks because he's great in the kitchen and I'm not. I'll try not to kill him. A lowcut shirt should distract him sufficiently to not care what's on the plate.

After cleaning up im going to get out for a 5k walk around the lake. It's cold and gorgeous out this afternoon. Love it!

Hots, steak and eggs works well, even with parties. Grab a hunk of meat and push everything else around on your plate. Can you drink on s&e's? I would!

I like the soft gummies. Actually love them!

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Calee, how were the persimmons in you salad? They're a thing from when I was little (persimmon pudding) I just realized I love and would like to learn how to use more. Especially while the markets are overrun with them.

Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    Hots, steak and eggs works well, even with parties. Grab a hunk of meat and push everything else around on your plate. Can you drink on s&e's? I would!

I like the soft gummies. Actually love them!
    Decided to go the other way, I am determined to figure out which fruit causes me joint ache, its not the Sals I had other non-fruit which is high in Sals and it was fine, so will experiment with other fruit, been having pears most days and that's fine it seems, will continue introducing other fruits from the sweet fruit category and see if its also OK.

Calee you are so active, I've been so lazy recently, cleaner came and cleaned the house (communal areas only the kitche/bathrooms and living room) she doesn't do the bedrooms, my bedroom was in terrible state, I spent a few hours tidying it up yesterday and that was it, just sat and kept reading my book, I really needed a day to do NOTHING, today I slept until 11am, shock shock horror horror, I can't believe it !!

Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    Calee, how were the persimmons in you salad? They're a thing from when I was little (persimmon pudding) I just realized I love and would like to learn how to use more. Especially while the markets are overrun with them.
    I love persimmons. Guy showed up last nite with six ripe hachiya persimmons from his neighbors tree. I have eaten that variety in a long time. I think that is the variety used for persimmon pudding. They make your mouth pucker if not very ripe. He told me that he puts them in the freezer, then scoops them out and it tastes like ice cream. I will definitely try that this week.

The variety that I slice and put into salad is the Fuyu. Known also as Jiro which is probably how you would ind it in Korea. This variety can be eaten like an apple. It gets much sweeter the more it ripens. Wikipedia has a good page with pics.

I was in South Korea December 2005 and I don't remember seeing much fruit. Just tons of meat and fish. Of course I was in Sokcho which is a fishing town. Walking along the piers there were fish strung up to dry everywhere.

If they weren't so high in carb I would do a mono persimmon diet in the fall!

Hots, I think I appear more active than I am? This week was walking daily, an additional 5k and 5x Pilates. The Pilates are an investment and I picked a studio on my work block so no excuses. I go 3x at lunch and 2x after work at 4. I love working 7-3:30 close enough to walk to work.

Rest day today. On slept less than 5 hours. Hosting a work party tonight for 150 people. I have to be there 5-12. Ugh freaking ugh! Lunch with a girlfriend for her birthday. I need a nap which unfortunately I suck at. So jealous of people who nap easily.

Hots, I'm trying to fing my groove to get these five pounds off. I'm really dismayed at my difficulty. Protein high, carbs under 50, fat moderate to low. Calories around 1200 or less. So I keep exercising to try to at least hold things at bay. I really don't want to let go of dairy.

I didn't have my 2T of gelatin in my decaf yesterday. Stiff fingers this morning.

That's my weekend book!

The company party last night went off great. Most of the 20somethings forgot their pants at home. All sizes, didn't matter. I love seeing women of any age ready to wear whatever they want. With my big booty I would never have worn short and skin tight for fear of being judged. Times have seriously changed and I'm delighted for the young women of today. Now about the 5-6 inch heels most of them were wearing...... let's leave it to say I felt quite dowdy but then again I'm the oldest person in the company.

I ate Hershey's dark chocolate kisses. So not worth it.

Today starts two days of all day meetings. Let me just say no bagels no muffins. They would put me to sleep and do not worth it. I'll stick to protein and fruit and veggies for breakfast and lunch. Tonight im taking 30 to a wood oven pizza brewery. I ordered lots of salads and cheese curds for the tables so I'll be happy. Not sure if I'll 20% a slice of thin crust wood oven pizza. It's a weakness of mine. Maybe if I escape the flour maze all day. At least tomorrow night I can escape in time for Pilates at 5 or 6 and dinner a t home!

It's freezing here. 30 out which might seem like fall to someone else but it's freaking freezing for us in California. Makes for great snuggling though.

Happy Monday!

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    I have a question, maybe someone here has some ideassorry if some things are TMI!)
    I have been doing very well on AIP since Oct. 1. In the last week or 2 I have noticed some stuffiness in my nose and phlem (like post nasal drip) that causes coughing.
    I have not had anything new for 2 months, except I started drinking Kombucha a few times per week. I feel like that was a good thing for me, so I dont think the driping/stuffy nose and throat are from Kombucha.
    Help! I thought I was doing this to improve my body, not end up hacking up junk all day!