Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chinese, asian who eat carb my whole life, how to replace carb with veg and fruit? page

jojoman is offline Junior Member

Chinese, asian who eat carb my whole life, how to replace carb with veg and fruit?

Shop Now
    hi,
    for my whole life i eat white rice.

any meal without rice would feel strange....

the question is how to replace rice with veg and frutis and what amount?

anyone can advise me?

thank you so much

alurien is offline Junior Member
    I like to use 'riced' cauliflower. Steam cauliflower like you normally would, then use a potato masher to mash it into fine little bits. Voila! Tasty rice substitute.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I just put my food that seems like it should have rice over a pile of raw greens (spinach or mustard, usually) the same size as my usual rice portion. i.e. If I usually use 1 cup rice, I'll use 1-2 cups of greens.

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    +1 cauliflower rice

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    To be honest you are in a similar position to those of us who have eaten bread or potatoes as our main staple all our lives. It DOES take a while to get used to it, but after a while it is second nature. My advice would be to increase the amount of meat you eat as well as vegetable to replace the rice. For example, when I was at a function recently where they were serving meat and veg with potato, I asked them to hold the potato but add extra meat to make up for it. Most Chinese meals I have had (some of them actually in China) have included a reasonable amount of vegetables already, so you probably don't need to add a lot more of them. I personally wouldn't add fruit to your diet, except as a treat ocassionally.

Egoldstein is offline Senior Member
    Think of yourself at a Chinese banquet where you will be served countless seafood, meat, and vegetable dishes. Only at the end, and only to those still hungry would there be a small amount of rice. But, you will stop before the rice course. Think lots of veggies (especially green), fortunately Chinese food is full of these. Also clear soups which are a traditional part of a Chinese meal, but not partaken in the West too much. Be sure to reduce the sodium of the vegetable and meat dishes since your not using rice to dilute the saltiness. End the meal with a small amount of fruit (not tons and tons of fruit) which is also typical of China.

chickenbackside is offline Senior Member
    I'm also Chinese, and have eaten white rice with every single meal for as long as I can remember (around 38 years) prior to going on low carb paleo 1.5 years ago. I haven't touched a single grain of rice or bread or noodles or pasta or cereal or anything made with flour... for 1.5 years. Don't miss them at all.

It is difficult at first. But the trick is not replacing rice with veges and fruits.

It's this: eat as much fat as you can first, then fill in the rest with some protein and lastly, veges and fruit.

I went from 38% body fat (40" waist) to 11% body fat (28" waist) this way, with exercise. In the process, I also improved every single component of my health so much so that my doctor was astounded. No more diabetes, no more hypertension, no more liver/kidney problems...

Oh, a side effect is: I look better than I ever have in my whole life.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Riced cauliflower.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

jojoman is offline Junior Member
    thank you guys for your valuable input ..
    really apprecicaet it!

Fury22 is offline Senior Member
    Th easiest way would be to, well you know, eat more meat & veggies instead of rice. It's really not that hard....
    Check out my blog!

http://easternstrength.blogspot.com/

I like to throw, squat and pull heavy things for fun.

We're designed to be hunters and we're in a society of shopping. There's nothing to kill anymore, there's nothing to fight, nothing to overcome, nothing to explore. In that societal emasculation this everyman is created. ~David Fincher, director of Fight Club, interview with Gavin Smith, "Inside Out," Film Comment, Sep/Oct 1999

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast