Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: favorite veggie recipe page

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member

favorite veggie recipe

Shop Now
    I need inspiration for veggies... I dislike veggies big time but really need to eat more...
    at the moment all I eat are raw carrots, sweet potato, lettuce and cucumbers.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    For me, often pureed and mashed things make veggies easier. Mashed potatoes, pumpkin soup (although I guess squash type things are fruits), pureed/mashed cauliflower, creamed spinach.

Spinach sauteed with tomatoes and garlic in olive oil. (Top with grated parmesan/romano.)

Chop up some peppers, onions, and parboiled potatoes. Pan fry in lard or your fat/oil of choice. Pour some scrambled egg over it.

Cut brussel sprouts in half. Brush with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt. Cook on grill or frying pan until edges are brown and crispy.

Try spaghetti squash. It's pretty easy. Cut it in half the long way. Pierce the skin a few time with a fork or sharp knife. Scoop out seeds and the fibery things. Place flat side down in a baking pan with a little water. Bake at 375 for about an hour. It should be soft. Use a fork to bring out the "spaghetti" strands. Cover with your favorite sauce, or just top with butter and parmesan.

Grilled asparagus. Good with nothing but salt and butter, or you can make an aioli.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Farfalla is offline Senior Member
    If you dislike them, do not make veggie-only meals. You need to combine them with something you like, ideally finely grated or cubed in case it is the texture that disturbs you. Stews are a wonderful option. Look at Google pictures of stews and choose whichever appeals to you. Stews are already naturally primal or easy to primalize.

Roasted broccoli is about the best thing ever, and this recipe is super simple.

- Preheat oven to 425 F. Take a baking sheet and cover it with foil.
    - Cut your DRY broccoli into its natural florets and arrange on the baking sheet.
    - Toss with coconut oil (or olive oil if you're not concerned about oxidized oils).
    - Roast in the oven until the edges are brown, around 25 minutes or so.
    - Take the sheet out of the oven and toss broccoli with lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
    - Serve!

The roastiness of the broccoli (and its crispy, caramelized edges), combined with the fat and the lemon juice makes this dish like veggie candy. I can easily eat a whole head of broccoli OFF OF THE SHEET without blinking an eye when it's prepared like this.

Good luck! There are a ton of great veggie recipes out there. Roasting them is an easy way to love them, especially this time of year as the weather gets cooler. Root vegetables like carrots, parsnips, turnips, sweet potatoes, or others like cauliflower and kale, are great prepared like this, and you don't even need the lemon juice for those. Fat + salt + pepper + oven roasted goodness = all you need.
    Madam von Sassypants is journaling and shiz.
    Frequently found there: links to delicious recipes, overenthusiasm, swear words, constant conflict from working for a craft brewery, and overall, the perspective of a lady who's been primal for over two years and is finally tackling an 18-month-old plateau.

^^^ Very good idea... I think I remember liking broccoli and cauliflower when I was little

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Anone any idea of what to do with 5 pounds of green cabbage? I'm not allowed to have sauerkraut but I was thinking of making cole slaw. but I need more ideas

Hannakb is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarielleGO View Post
    Anone any idea of what to do with 5 pounds of green cabbage? I'm not allowed to have sauerkraut but I was thinking of making cole slaw. but I need more ideas
    Sliced & drizzled with oil, salt & pepper & roasted.

Sautéed with onions & bacon (and liver if you like)

Farfalla is offline Senior Member
    Cabbage is excellent with sausage or with fatty pork cuts.

Ryancarter1986 is offline Senior Member
    Agree with the mashed puréed idea.

Also like them griddled and charred , nice taste from the grill smoke?

From London England UK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast