Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wife not losing weight page

Doug_CA is offline Junior Member

Wife not losing weight

Hi all. After two weeks of holding above 80% to Mark's plan my wife has not seen a weight loss. She just turned 52, 137 lbs, 5'2", regularly exercises, and has been told she has a slow metabolism. During the same time, I've lost 4lbs.

Any thoughts to get her rolling! She's so frustrated

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    -Post or pre menopausal?
    -What kind of exercise & how often?
    -How is sleep/energy levels? Any digestive issues?
    -Another other medical issues? On any medication?
    -Can you give us an example of a day's worth of her meals?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

post-menopause. She walk/jogs; takes crossfit classes; has added some weights - pulldowns, curls, kickbacks, ... We've added more sleep since starting, about 8 hours though tired upon rising. No digestive or other health issues.

Meals -
    Breakfast: 3 eggs, bacon, 2 cups of coffee or just has banana or skips
    Lunch: Smoothie, low sodium chicken great on lettuce, veggie burger, or skips
    Dinner: selection from Primal cookbooks
    Snacks: nuts (maybe too many?), fruit

Not considering portion sizes at all though not binging.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Perhaps others will have thoughts but...

-Give it time. Focus on improving sleep & sticking with healthy, filling foods.
    -She is very active, from what it sounds like. Is she eating *enough*? Hungry in between meals or before bedtime? She might benefit from some starchy carbs to help re-fuel from workouts (or to help sleep).
    -I would say eliminate the nuts and make sure meals are big enough that snacking is less desirable or necessary.
    -Can't really assess how much she might need/want to lose weight based on the info here, since you said she's quite active. Any idea what her lean muscle mass is or body fat %?

Everybody has a lot of variables to consider and unfortunately, there's no easy answer. It takes tweaking & time. Best of luck!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    yep, probably menopause symptoms. Don't be discouraged it will just take a bit longer to get there.

Try to consult a herbalist for some tea that helps the metabolism. I know the good ones have them for menopausal issues.

Thank you both!

She use to be 20 lbs lighter and stable at the weight. She'd like to get close to that again.

Jimm is offline Member
    wife.jpg

I'm just happy to be part of a community where this isn't answered with certain death!

I'm going to frame this- no! I'm going to passive-aggressively leave it on the refrigerator door.

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug_CA View Post
    Hi all. After two weeks of holding above 80% to Mark's plan my wife has not seen a weight loss. She just turned 52, 137 lbs, 5'2", regularly exercises, and has been told she has a slow metabolism. During the same time, I've lost 4lbs.

Any thoughts to get her rolling! She's so frustrated
    It's probabl a bit harder when you start out at 137 lbs... I started at 340. I would second other people and say to get rid of the nuts, they can be easy to overeat. Other than that she should probably focus a bit more on how she's feeling rather than numbers on a scale. I feel great!

ninalm1228 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am 43 years old mother of two kids under six. I've been following Paleo eating lifestyle for about 4 weeks now At about 80 to 85% accuracy and I have not lost 1 pound! But my face looks thinner the inflammation in my body has gone my joints feel better. Someone else on the forum told me about upping my potassium magnesium and sodium because I still was getting the headaches and feeling really tired and I feel like that has really helped in these last few days, and hopefully weight-loss will come. Someone else told me to not get on the scale but measure my body and look at inches as opposed to pounds. It's kind of frustrating because obviously when we change to a healthier lifestyle we want to see those physical results which is weight-loss and better energy etc. etc. Just tell your wife to be patient and hang in there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast