Thread: Why am I eating so little, or am I?.. page

natashik85 is offline Member

Why am I eating so little, or am I?..

Primal Fuel
    Hi guys, I hope you can help me.

Mark keeps saying that you have to eat enough to lose weight, but what if my body doesn't WANT to eat. It feels good enough and full enough that when I am thinking of food - I don't really want any. Am I doing something wrong?

My average daily intake of calories is around 1300 since going Paleo in September, but this is due to couple weekends where I overdid on good carbs (harvesting season) and got my calories to 2200-2500.

Capture.PNG

I try listening to my body, but it really isn't hungry. Yesterday I ate my breakfast at lunchtime - vegetables fried with 3 eggs and 3 thick slices of bacon. I couldn't even finish it. So left ~ 1/3 of it for today. Then I came home to prepare dinner and while preparing I drank ~ 1/2 a glass of heavy cream. Then I went to my dance training and in the evening I watched a movie while munching of few carrots and an apple. This all gave me less that 1000 calories.

Today I ate ~ a cup of Sweet Potato fries with a dash of sour cream and a slice of pork cooked "the French style" (I smeared pork with mustard, then put onions, sour cream, tomato and cheese on it and cooked it in the oven). I have ~ 200 g of salted salmon and a cup of cherry tomatoes waiting for me, but I really donít want to eat now. Maybe in few hours. But even if I do eat this Ė my calorie intake will again be below 1000.

I have noticed this trend after 3rd week on Paleo. What am I doing wrong?
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread94235.html
    Starting weight (1.Sep 2013): 88.1 kg
    Current weight: 84.6 kg
    Goal weight: 66 kg
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep loosing it

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Hello,
    Well, maybe you don't have to worry too much and just eat your foods when you feel like it ? I mean, it looks OK (I wouldn't drink 1/2 glass of cream though) and if you don't feel deprived, then what ? But make sure you get the nutrients you need over say a full week or even month (not a day-to-day thing necessarily), especially the micro-stuff. As you know, if you feel you have lots of energy, then whatever carbs or fat you are eating, it does not really matter. But if you feel energized and not hungry because you are actually eating up your own muscle mass ... I'd be worried. But from the look of it, you are not starving. I would make sure I get a "binge" day (I don't like this word though, it sounds like an eating disorder) once in a while when you eat until you feel totally full, like you cannot press on your stomach. I know it sounds hard but it is to make sure your body does not "think" food is not available around you.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFry View Post
    Hello,
    Well, maybe you don't have to worry too much and just eat your foods when you feel like it ? I mean, it looks OK (I wouldn't drink 1/2 glass of cream though) and if you don't feel deprived, then what ?
    I absolutely LOVE diary. And heavy cream really fills me up when I need some nutrient prior to a work-out without having to eat heavy food. I use sour cream near to everywhere and consume crazy quantities of raw milk whenever I can get it. BUT all that been said I am planning to try 30 days without dairy in the future. Now I only begin with Paleo and felt that if I gave up dairy along with once-oh-so-beloved-sugar-n-cakes - it would be so much harder to start.

Thank you for the idea of "binge day" I will definitely try that out.

Lionhart is offline Junior Member
    Don't stress about not eating a lot or not feeling hungry when you think you should be. I often feel the same way, and I've learned that when I eat and I'm not hungry it usually kills my energy levels and often upsets my stomach, so I just accept that I am not hungry and do not eat until I am. Some days I'll eat 2-3 meals per day and others I'll only eat 1 with a snack or 2, usually out of boredom. lol.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    If you're not hungry, and your energy level is the same, then I'd listen to your body and eat when you're hungry.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Kimberly P is offline Member
    Thank you so much for this post. I have been eating quite similar. I just am not hungry. The problem is that my weight loss has stopped which has me a bit concerned. First month I lost 16 lbs and now in September I have not lost any. I have a long way to go in weight loss (approx. 50 lbs left). I hope the stall is just a short thing. I guess I will see. I am glad to know I am not the only newbie struggling with eating too little. Trying to just listen to my body. Good luck to you!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    I had this too early on. Somedays you feel like a nut, somedays you dont. ') Mmmm cream.... I wish...

Our hunger signals are hormonal so if you have been under eating a long time then your hormones respond to store fat over muscle. You might have an imbalance there.

Mayhaps you could reprogram yourself to eat more by eating 3 squares a day but just less food for now. Just make sure every meal has a good mix of veggies and protein and fats. After a while of good food you may find that your appetite increases.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Thank you all so much. I feel much better now. I will just listen to what my body says and try eating 3 times a day for now. I have no idea yet how my weight is doing as I plan to weight myself only this Sunday. I shall see then if I really need to put more fat into my meals.
    Thanks again guys!