Thread: Miracle Noodles page

CaliforniaGirl is offline Senior Member

Miracle Noodles

Shop Now
    Does anyone eat this things? A friend gave me a package of them and tonight I made a stir fry with ground lamb, onions, kale and goat cheese. At the end, I threw these noodles in. I was surprised at how good they were. I felt like I ate a pretty carby meal but they have no carbs and no calories. I searched on the internet and couldn't find out anything bad about them. Are these things really acceptable on a primal diet?

PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member
    I know quite a few people on here who eat them. They're harmless -- mostly just vegetable fiber if I remember correctly. I personally have never grown to like them -- something about the texture -- but if you like them, have at them!

CaliforniaGirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalStudent View Post
    I know quite a few people on here who eat them. They're harmless -- mostly just vegetable fiber if I remember correctly. I personally have never grown to like them -- something about the texture -- but if you like them, have at them!
    I heard that the texture is really bad too, and first I steamed them and they did taste pretty bad. But then I stir fryed them with the rest of the meal and it totally changed the texture and they were completely not rubbery and tasted more like regular pasta.

PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaGirl View Post
    I heard that the texture is really bad too, and first I steamed them and they did taste pretty bad. But then I stir fryed them with the rest of the meal and it totally changed the texture and they were completely not rubbery and tasted more like regular pasta.
    Ooh, thanks! I'll have to try that.

picklepete is offline Senior Member
    If you open the bag expecting a spaghetti substitute you'll be disappointed but they work pretty well in soups and stews.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I had heard bad things about the smell and taste here, but a few days ago I tried a dish a paleo friend had made with them and I really liked it. Reminded me of very firm ramen noodles.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    I can tell you right now that it pairs horribly with cheese.

GrokON is offline Senior Member
    Meh. They're okay. Kelp Noodles are better. Spaghetti squash, green beans, mushrooms, or zucchini strips better still.
    5'6" Female, 29 Years Old, 260/195/120

"Discipline is choosing between what you want NOW, and what you want MOST!"

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    The konjac root noodles ? It is not you that you feed when you eat them but your gut bacteria. That's the only reason why you would eat them. Well prepared, they are great to add consistence to a broth or soup. But that's about it. You can dry-fry them for like 8-10mn (after you washed them carefully to remove the weirdo smell), then you add them to a broth or soup or sauce of your choice that contains the nutrition for YOU. The noodles will feed the good bacteria further down and will make you sleep better