Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nuts.... How much are allowed? page

kiwigolfer39 is offline Member

Nuts.... How much are allowed?

Primal Fuel
    Hi all,

Just a quick question re nuts......

Found myself snacking on them normally before bedtime..... How many nuts is too much? Should I be eating them daily?

Cheers all

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    You big trying to get small? Small trying to get big? Nuts are crazy easy to overeat, because they're very, very calorie-dense.

DeltaCypher0 is offline Senior Member
    A handful of almonds is about 1/3 cup, yielding 275 cal, 23g fat, 10g protein, 30g carb

Sent from my XT907 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

kiwigolfer39 is offline Member
    I'm big trying to get small. Have around a handful a day mixed nuts and some dried fruit like cran berries....

picklepete is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwigolfer39 View Post
    I'm big trying to get small. Have around a handful a day mixed nuts and some dried fruit like cran berries....
    Individuals vary but I gain waist fat rapidly on exactly those nonhydrous foods. I save them for party recipes.
    34//6'3"/180

Lots of: urban hiking, cycling, sprinting
    Lots of: fresh meat, seafood, eggs, organs, tubers, starch fruits, vegetables, meat fat, dairy fat, oil fruits
    Some: cured meat, dairy protein, sweet fruits, rice, pulses, tree nuts, oil seeds
    Minimal: soy, refined proteins, sugar, liquid carbohydrate, grains, refined oils, peanuts

GrokON is offline Senior Member
    No way could I lose eating nuts and dried fruit. Save them for hiking fuel, or as treats on weekends.
    5'6" Female, 29 Years Old, 260/195/120

"Discipline is choosing between what you want NOW, and what you want MOST!"

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    I never eat nuts just because of the huge omega-6 load and that's horrible because I can binge on them so dam easily... Ugh.

But really, as long as you're achieving your health goals, try not to overthink it too much.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Muffa is offline Junior Member
    Can we have dehydrated fruits without additional sugar added?

GrokON is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffa View Post
    Can we have dehydrated fruits without additional sugar added?
    You can eat way more dehydrated fruit than fresh. You could probably down a dozen dry apricots, but only one or two fresh apricots. This is why we eat our food whole and fresh. Dried fruit isn't UNPRIMAL - just think of it as Primal candy.
    5'6" Female, 29 Years Old, 260/195/120

"Discipline is choosing between what you want NOW, and what you want MOST!"

FrenchFry is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Reminds me of the thread about what the optimal amount of coconut oil / day would be.
    I will say the same thing here: 0. You don't need them. Actually, if you feel like snacking on them every evening before bed time, you sort of know it is not for nutrition unless you are starving yourself before that. You do this because of some form of pleasure that you derive from it. There is nothing wrong with treating yourself. You just have to know that you are not feeding yourself but treating yourself, and these nuts are not needed at all. It is your choice and nobody should tell you how much you can snack on. It is all a matter of awareness - knowledge vs instant pleasure - compulsive behavior. Sometimes it is good to take a little distance from compulsion, sometimes it is good to give in

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast