Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Shocking Truth About Chin Ups page

AtomicSuperMen is offline Junior Member

The Shocking Truth About Chin Ups

Primal Fuel
    The Shocking Truth About Chin Ups - How to Build Muscle | Strength Training Workouts | Mass Gain Diet | How to Build Muscle | Strength Training Workouts | Mass Gain Diet

I came upon this article and am confused. Are they saying chin ups on a straight bar are bad or are they saying that chin ups in general are harmful?

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicSuperMen View Post
    The Shocking Truth About Chin Ups - How to Build Muscle | Strength Training Workouts | Mass Gain Diet | How to Build Muscle | Strength Training Workouts | Mass Gain Diet

I came upon this article and am confused. Are they saying chin ups on a straight bar are bad or are they saying that chin ups in general are harmful?
    Which line confused you? This one:
    Chin ups are one the absolute best, most badass muscle building exercises you can do and they should be a regular part of every program.
    ?

Zach is offline Banned
    Atomic, stop reading retarded fitness articles and just go lift.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Atomic, stop reading retarded fitness articles and just go lift.
    I think he's just reading the titles. At least read the entire developmentally delayed fitness article before asking us to interpret it for you.

OldSchhool is offline Senior Member
    Yep Chin ups can be very damaging !

Don't forget Squats are very hard on the knees, Bench press tough on the shoulders, French press nasty for the elbows, most ab exercises damaging for the back, standing presses and Lateral raises very hard on the rotator cuff....that's if it's not already permanently damaged from upright rows.

Have fun !

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I think he's just reading the titles. At least read the entire developmentally delayed fitness article before asking us to interpret it for you.
    Hahaha.

And bullshit to straight bar chinups being bad for joints. Straight bar anything puts joints at unoptimal angles but it doesnt mean its going to cause joint issues. Man the fuck up, Arthur Saxon would have slapped Jason for posting that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Hahaha.

And bullshit to straight bar chinups being bad for joints
    Yup. +1.

jdjohnson50 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicSuperMen View Post

Does anyone find it shocking that a person who advocates ring training and sells rings online would write an article stating that straight bar chins/pullups are damaging?

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    I've been doing weighted pull ups and chin ups for years and I have no wrist, elbow, or shoulder issues. My opinion is that eventually if you continue lifting you will get usage injuries as your joints wear out but should be stronger. If you don't lift you'll be much weaker and more susceptible to injury anyway. Time isn't on anyone's side and nobody gets off planet alive so, I choose to train for strength.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    To be fair, I've always had pain in my elbows doing chins on a bar. Pullups are fine as long as the volume is huge.

Pullups in rings or using those swivel grips that hook over the bar work much better for me and feel more biomechanically natural. Ymmv
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast