Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe I'm not as primal as I thought I was page 4

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    See that's what I'm saying- "It's alive" is not a cultural thing- all of the systems of my body and all of my emotional development is dedicated to judging whether or not something is mobile, protecting its own interests, and capable of interacting with me.
    But it's something the feral child needs to be taught?
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    correct- animals are also raised around other animals, and have a mother whose face is right up in their grill as they are developing eye-sight. They are nurtured as their genetics demand and thus realize whatever empathy or emotional attachments they are capable of. Nothing at all like a wild-raised human child.

I can't believe you are going to argue that feeling feelings when looking at faces is some kind of weird evidence of malformity. The opposite is true.
    Attaching human meaning to non-human animals is a human thing. No other hunter behaves that way. Even non-Westernized humans don't take it as far as we do.
    We're weak, overly emotional and detached from the natural order. Compare us to tribespeople. They don't get emotional about an animal that was for food. Sometimes they attach meaning to specific animals, like Westerners do to pets, but food animals are food.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Myrtille is offline Member
    We had a TV programme in France called "the musketeers'cooking". The woman sometimes took whole animals (well, game or rabbits, not a cow !) and did all the preparation (evisceration...) on TV ! The thread reminded me of her, I can imagine her cooking a whole head on TV while saying "yummy !"

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Confession time: we had home-made pizza (using white flour in the base) last night. It was good. Possibly not primal.

OTOH, my wife has the same problem looking at pigs head that you do UF. So when I roast/broil it, I have to carve it up into tiny chunks before serving it so she can stomach it on the table. The kids still delight in giving her the snout though
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrtille View Post
    We had a TV programme in France called "the musketeers'cooking". The woman sometimes took whole animals (well, game or rabbits, not a cow !) and did all the preparation (evisceration...) on TV ! The thread reminded me of her, I can imagine her cooking a whole head on TV while saying "yummy !"
    Ohalala, ouais, je m'rappelle ... c'était avec comment déjà ... Maïté ?! ah oui, cétait parfois gore ...

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post
    Attaching human meaning to non-human animals is a human thing. No other hunter behaves that way. Even non-Westernized humans don't take it as far as we do.
    We're weak, overly emotional and detached from the natural order. Compare us to tribespeople. They don't get emotional about an animal that was for food. Sometimes they attach meaning to specific animals, like Westerners do to pets, but food animals are food.
    that is not historically accurate
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    neither is tribal women laughing at squeamish kids
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    what?! The cruelty of women's laughter is a genetic trigger
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i think you're projecting
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

CLLark is offline Junior Member
    Modern humans read facial expressions which our ancestors did not do. I wouldn't be able to cook the face or head of another animal either. I accidentally squished a lizard with a door once and spent the rest of the day in tears, and I'm a six foot 249 lb former infantryman. You're fine. If your life depended on it (which in our modern society it doesn't, thankfully) you wouldn't have any problems eating a hogs face.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast