Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bulletproof Coffee hits Coffeshops page

Wildrose is offline Senior Member

Bulletproof Coffee hits Coffeshops

Primal Fuel
    In Toronto!

I was just watching the morning news, well, noonday news, and they had a segment on buttered coffee. Apparently a coffeeshop in Toronto is offering it. They mentioned bulletproof coffee, how it was invented after that guy tried buttered tea in mongolia, etc. They also had a doctor on telling us how ZOMG WE ALL GOING TO DIE if we dare drink it. XD That saturated fat will kill you! Heart attacks! OMGWTFBBDQ! Hehe. It actually wasn't a bad piece of journalism though, for a ten minute segment...

Cyborcat is offline Senior Member
    Interesting. When I saw the topic title I was expecting that they'd substitute margerine.

EDIT - I bet if it hits the US they will.
    Last edited by Cyborcat; 09-25-2013 at 01:26 PM.
    My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
    (Red Dwarf)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborcat View Post
    Interesting. When I saw the topic title I was expecting that they'd substitute margerine.

EDIT - I bet if it hits the US they will.
    I think it might have started in the US. I think the segment said something about LA? Can anyone confirm or deny?

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    If I saw it at a coffee shop I might try it. The whole blending thing is putting me off everyday use.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Wouldn't it be lovely? Hi, I'd like a double bulletproof espresso, please. Would you like that with pastured butter, coconut oil, or MCT oil? And then under the listing on the menu, you notice, "We're happy to add a pastured egg yolk for an additional $1."
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Wouldn't it be lovely? Hi, I'd like a double bulletproof espresso, please. Would you like that with pastured butter, coconut oil, or MCT oil? And then under the listing on the menu, you notice, "We're happy to add a pastured egg yolk for an additional $1."
    That would be SO awesome. I hope it hits Calgary. XD They do use MCT to make it at the coffee shop...

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    Where do they get grass fed butter in Canada? Official or unofficial bulletproof? I heard Dave was thinking of opening coffee shops and he lives in Canada.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

lemontwisst is offline Senior Member
    No such thing as getting commercial grassfed butter in Canada, unless you want to bring it in by your $20 duty exemption limit at a time.
    I can't say I'd be willing to spring for it if it did end up here...I haven't tried it, but I guarantee that hit of fat would leave my pulse pounding and me feeling like heaving for an hour. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Markbt View Post
    Where do they get grass fed butter in Canada? Official or unofficial bulletproof? I heard Dave was thinking of opening coffee shops and he lives in Canada.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Ah, yes, there is that... grass fed butter does not exist in Canada. On the plus side, the hormone and antibiotic regulations are fairly strict... I make do with what I have and I assume the coffee shop is too.

wattfood is offline Member
    I am finding it very hard to get grass fed butter in my part of Australia so I just constantly opt for the organic unsalted and yes, I pay and arm and a leg for it but it sure does have a richer taste and oddly enough it's NOT that weird yellow colour I associate with butter, it's almost an off white ivory colour.

x Claire x
    31 y/o
    4'10"
    88kg (on 23/9/13)
    Practicing full primal

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast