Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help! Vegetarian daughter. page 3

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Markbt View Post
    Sabotage. Another method is to continue cooking as usual, she can eat vegetables without meat. Don't explain sufficient calories or protein deficiency. Let them convince her to coming back to eating real food.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    So ridiculous.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Sure.... as a third world protein source
    Lol..good one knife.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Mini_mi is offline Member
    Hi Hannkb,
    Just support her in that choice. If she is ok with the dairy and eggs, ensure she eats them daily. She is getting to that age when she wants to start making choices. If you play hardcore, it will just cause her to fight back. As long as she is getting plenty of greens, starches and other vegetables with the dairy and eggs, she will be fine.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I would do a rather paleo version of it.

Millet and quinoa are great *seeds* to add to her diet to make nice pilafs and stuff, which you can also add chopped nuts to as well. Then veggies -- she'll need starchy ones such as squash, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, and even potatoes if she wants, as well as greens. And then of course, butter, raw milk (kefir, raw yogurt), and raw cheese (moderation), and eggs. She can eat lots of eggs. Eggs for breakfast every day should do well.

Should be no problem at all. I have lots of paleo vegetarian friends (in fact, a lot of my vegan friends in the US got into Crossfit, and then went paleo-vegetarian. That's basically their diet. No beans, no grains -- but quinoa, millet, and starchy veg are a part of their diets as is dairy and eggs.)

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Wreck her health and destroy her trust in her mom. That's the way to do things!
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

70in2012 is offline Senior Member
    Let her watch this video. She would give up dairy and eggs.

Few but ripe.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    She should be fine with dairy and eggs. I would not make her anything you would not eat. so if you are having steaks and spinach, she can have scrambled eggs and spinach.

It might be helpful to get some whey protein so she can have a high protein smoothie.

But I would not go out of my way to make her things like bean and grain veggie burgers or pasta or pizza or whatnot.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 70in2012 View Post
    Let her watch this video. She would give up dairy and eggs.
    lmao "... and the worlds oldest and strongest addiction....meat"

That may be the worst way ever to start a speech if you wanna convince me of ANYTHING.

Oh, and I think even a child could point out the many illogical points of that vegan propaganda piece
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 09-29-2013 at 07:14 AM.

70in2012 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    lmao "... and the worlds oldest and strongest addiction....meat"

That may be the worst way ever to start a speech if you wanna convince me of ANYTHING.

Oh, and I think even a child could point out the many illogical points of that vegan propaganda piece
    Not that much different from arguments based on "evolution" and studies touting correlation (or arguments selectively downplaying correlation saying "it's causation and not correlation") in support of eating cows, pigs and chickens.

I personally do not buy in the addiction part. I much prefer habit (explains why people find it hard to change their "eating habits") and convenience. I do not also buy the optimal part about vegan diet.

However, what i buy is speciesism. That is an argument i could not yet find a convincing rebuttal. And that made me give up animal products overnight.

Health? That's a nebulous concept. For some that includes a big contribution from things spiritual. For some it equates body fat%. For some it is SRM on squat.
    Whatever makes you tick.
    Few but ripe.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast