Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help! Vegetarian daughter. page 2

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Sure.... as a third world protein source
    Troublemaker.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Troublemaker.
    lol...glad someone's paying attention!

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Get a copy of " the Vegetarian myth" by Lierre Keith. read it. read it again. Then have a heart to heart talk with the kid about what she is doing and why she thinks she is doing it. Be prepared to explain how the world works to her.

Also if she wants to be Vegetarian then this is a great time for her to learn to cook and understand how food is made and where it comes from. I have met a lot of Veg*ns that have no, zip, zero, zilch idea where food actually comes from or how it is produced.

Wisdom comes from experience. Experience comes from making mistakes.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    If she's eating eggs and dairy still, buy her some good pastured eggs, lots of them. Coconut oil and olive oil should be staples. Oh, and of course cheese and small amounts of raw yoghurt (well, raw if you can get it).

Oh, and get her started on a fermented veggie habit early.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Hannakb is offline Senior Member
    Thankyou all for the ideas. I'm lucky that she will eat Greek yogurt & we have chickens so fresh eggs
    I have always allowed my children options in what they eat as I want them to learn to eat healthy & make healthy choices.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Is kicking her out of the house an option?

Sent via F-22 Raptor

ilovesteak is offline Senior Member
    My 12 yo daughter, who is a ferocious carnivore, decided to go vegan out of the blue.

It lasted 8 hrs...

SuBee is offline Member
    You could check the Weston Price folks for the best way to prepare beans to minimize the anti-nutrients. I also seem to remember Mark coming down on the side of lentils being a great choice if you're going to eat beans.

Zach is offline Banned
    Best part about a diet like that is minimal cooking. I basically dont eat meat besides oysters and i never cook anything more then some eggs, usually soft boiled. Mainly just have big meals of dairy, eggs and fruit. Love it.

Markbt is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Sabotage. Another method is to continue cooking as usual, she can eat vegetables without meat. Don't explain sufficient calories or protein deficiency. Let them convince her to coming back to eating real food.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast