Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The myth of “a broken metabolism”… page 6

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    This is not my experience. I was active and within normal range for weight when thyroid disease hit. I was kept under-medicated for 8+ years. Not being optimally treated caused a myriad of issues-- weight gain, fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, fatigue, etc.
    No. Cannot be true. You must have lied or forgotten about the cookies and doughnuts.

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Can't you ever just say "ha ha, good one, bro?"
    It just wasn't that good
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    When I hear the words "broken metabolism" I think of jimmy moore and his chronic delusions.

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I dunno, I just feel bad for us, womenfolk. Eating 800 cals a day, at age 50, and a height of 5'6", while on antibiotics for an infection and still working out 45 min a day. And still being overweight, while the 'coach' gloats over how eating more is not a good idea. Might as well sock him in the eye and go eat doughnuts.
    LOL ++1 hate it when I got to the gym and a coach half my age who eats his own weight in food daily starts lecturing me about my food and how I can lose my weight ..... btw there are a few peeps on this forum do the same thing, guys in their early twenties, going round stating what they do and work for them as a gospel and thinking if it works for them it must work for EVERYONE else !!!

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    A metabolism cannot be broken, it copes with a given input at all times. Either you are nice with it, or you challenge it. Of course, if you have a serious disease compromising the normal metabolic functions, that is another story.

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    People like to think of themselves as special little snowflakes all too often, and think they are exempt from the rules. While undoubtedly some people do have real metabolic or hormone related problems, I imagine most of the detractors are just lazy/delusional. Like the obese person who walks for 10 minutes on a treadmill, treat themselves to an ice cream as a reward, then claim they aren't losing weight so it must be their genetics.

janie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    LOL ++1 hate it when I got to the gym and a coach half my age who eats his own weight in food daily starts lecturing me about my food and how I can lose my weight ..... btw there are a few peeps on this forum do the same thing, guys in their early twenties, going round stating what they do and work for them as a gospel and thinking if it works for them it must work for EVERYONE else !!!
    One of the reasons I rarely come to this site anymore is the judgmental positions of the peeps you mention who tell me that my experience didn't happen and was likely just a result of my not moving enough and stuffing myself. It is arrogant.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Lost 75# eating low carb (20-40 g) and then MDA primal low carb. Tried many other options but only LC helped me lose weight and improve health. Now at a good weight, I find my body can tolerate a few more carbs but rarely go over 100 g.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456