Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lifting standards page

toscamulder is offline Senior Member

Lifting standards

Primal Fuel
    Yo! I was wondering if there are any lifters out here younger than 20, because, while I'm a 16 year old girl, I'd like to know your current sets/pr's in oly- and powerlifting. Are there any of you who are competitive? I'd like to meet some other olympic lifters (just started 6 months ago, but who cares).

Tosca

Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    Hey! 15 year old girl here. I just started lifting really: I'm not competitive, and haven't been setting any goals (probably should have...eh...)

Anyway, my input:
    Squat: 10x40kg
    Bench Press: 10x35kg
    Deadlift: 10x25kg

I'm working on it...

Way to go! Don't be afraid of getting big, is my advice. Your deadlift could really be around 2x bench, as long as you retain good form just go for it!

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    I'm not a girl, not under 20, and I don't compete, but I like to pick up things and put them back down, and I will agree with tosca's point about not fearing getting big.

Here's my favorite article for aspiring lady lifters: A Lion in Iron: Women

Keep us posted and let us know how it goes, both of you. Strong women are awesome.

Pr'd deadlift yesterday; 110 kg/243 pounds (:
    Love it.

I'll check the article! Thanks!

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toscamulder View Post
    Pr'd deadlift yesterday; 110 kg/243 pounds (:
    Love it.
    Jesus. My DL is 30kgs You go girl!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Haha I don't think that's your max. Not that it would be a shame if it were or anything, but I think if you tried, you could easily lift some more! Also, if you start training for this kind of thing regularly, you'll see rapid strength gains!

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Jesus. My DL is 30kgs You go girl!
    Why are you typing? Shouldn't you be doing rack pulls, good mornings, and oh.. I don't know... DEADLIFTS so you can stop being embarrassed by a little girl?

Just kidding. Little girl's impressive in this case. Keep it up!

Haha I don't think that's your max. Not that it would be a shame if it were or anything, but I think if you tried, you could easily lift some more! Also, if you start training for this kind of thing regularly, you'll see rapid strength gains!
    Best new poster we've had here in a long time.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Why are you typing? Shouldn't you be doing rack pulls, good mornings, and oh.. I don't know... DEADLIFTS so you can stop being embarrassed by a little girl?

Just kidding. Little girl's impressive in this case. Keep it up!
    LOL. I only started lifting properly about 3 weeks ago so yeah, there's hope for me yet!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast