Page 1 of 133 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Procrastination and Chocolate page

Emtropy is offline Senior Member

Procrastination and Chocolate

Primal Fuel
    It doesn't look like I'll ever get that new account I requested: old threads unfortunately do not die, and I am willing to admit my embarrassment when I think of them; so, if we can just ignore them and move on, I guess it's all OK?

Gah, the interwebs. Can't say I wasn't warned numerous times at school. Ah well, at least I posted about hating my weight rather than doing #weed instead of homework or whatever.

Anyway, if I ever do get my new account, I can just transfer this stuff over. It will hopefully happen. Soon.

OK, here we go...

Wednesday 25/9/13 15:00
    I feel like I say this all too often, but for the sake of the journal and the perceived "fresh start" I shall reiterate. I'm fifteen-years-old, I am female, and I reign from the good old Nord-Est l'Angleterre, where it is, and shall forever be, cold and grey. I'm in Year 11 at school, and am being forced to consider career options now like I'll know if I just think harder about it. I truly have no idea what I want to do, and I'm scared of the prospect of wasting my life away working for some asshole boss in some boring, morally incorrect company for the sake of scraping an existence.

I'm also not usually negative. Hell, I like to think of myself as optimistic. It's just...I don't know. I want to move to Italy. Or France. Or somewhere warm and scenic.

Unfortunately for me, I'm overweight, despite eating 90% paleo. I'm working on it, but it's harder than I first thought.

I used to cycle, but I got sick of the constant training and quit. I'm considering restarting, but only when I've lost my excess weight and figured out how to eat completely right for me. I'm mildly allergic to gluten, which I ate boat-loads of when I was training. Not good.

What else...oh yeah, I'm obsessed with eggs, nectarines, berries, butter, yoghurt...but nothing can ever replace dark chocolate and coffee. They have my heart. Forget everything else, i only need these two things in my life.

This is probably why I'm overweight.

Eateries
    Breakfast (7:20am) 3 egg bacon omelette cooked in 14g of butter. Sprinkle of parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.

I loooooove breakfast. Love it. It's my favourite meal of the day, and also the only meal I cook myself. I'm not lazy (well, I am...but not for cooking) I'm just not allowed to cook anything else. Perhaps my mother wants to keep me young, and therefore clings onto her diminishing "motherly duties" while she still can. Don't get me wrong. I love and appreciate her. But, I mean, I wanna cook butter chicken and curries....perhaps that's another reason: she's scared of fat, and knows I'd use it freely. She, uh, doesn't.

Dinner (1:30pm) 1 small chicken breast + half an avocado and some carrots + an orange. school eateries. And the worst meal of the day. My lunches always feel tiny and uninventive. Again, I have no control over this.

Snack (3:30pm) Coffee, 10g dark chocolate, and berries + 2 tbsp Greek Yoghurt I was hungry when I came home from school today, so I scrounged, and this is what I found.

Dinner (18:20) Chicken breast stir fry + small bowl of rice pudding + 25g dark chocolate

My dad doesn't eat red meat so there is always an abundance of chicken breasts - boneless and skinless - and they need getting rid of, considering they cost 20 for 10 of them or so. I want to tell my mum we could by like 5 full chickens for that price, and make bone broth and eat the legs and the skin and stuff but nope, I'm not brave enough.

I'm in a weird mood today. Hence the complaining, and feeling of impending emptiness and nothingness as I grow and do not achieve the things I want and gradually part from my adolescent friends whom I don't believe would care as much anyway....

Aaron Paul is pretty adorable, though. I'd throw pizza's off Walter White's house with him anyday.

(18:47)

I don't understand why I'm still hungry? I'm tryna lose weight here. Yes, I know, I may not be eating enough, or I may be eating too much...I don't know. And I can't really have any more food tonight.

Sigh. Time to hunt down some awesome recipes. I have the same stuff basically all the time.

19:06

THAT'S WHY. My uterus is still ridding itself of the children-that-will-never-be. That must be why my mood keeps changing too! (you'd think I would've known this shit by now. But I thought i had stopped. Bleeding, that is. ((I apologise for the mental images but chances are you either have a uterus or know someone with one; it's a part of life, man))
    Last edited by Emtropy; 09-26-2013 at 02:42 PM.

Thursday 26/9/13

I feel alright today, thank god. Better mood. Isn't adolescence great?

Breakfast (7:20): 3 egg omelette cooked in 15g of butter + 2 slices of bacon and a sprinkling of parmesan cheese. oh man, I needed this so much, I was so hungry.

Snack (11:15) 2-3oz grapes. Pretty hungry, so I pulled out some grapes and began eating them in the middle of English class. Teacher didn't care, and I gave some to my friends. :P

Lunch (13:00) 1 tin tuna + 1/2 avocado + dollop of cottage cheese.
    I don't even know what's with me, why am I so hungry lately? This didn't even put a dent in my stomach. I could perhaps blame my age, but I'm overweight! I guess my body is crying out for nourishing food, grumble grumble.

Snack (15:40) "Eat Natural" bar - 70% chocolate, brazil nuts, and apricots; a nectarine. The bar probably had too much sugar but it was OKish. And i was, surprise surprise, hungry.

Snack (17:00) 100g dark chocolate; cold coffee/frappuccino thing from Starbucks. The chocolate was a nice, albeit a bit excessive, treat, and I feel better for it. Whether it's the serotonin or the calories my body is unreasonably screaming for, it's all good. The coffee was delicious, but I detected caramel syrup that I didn't ask for and probably isn't great for me. Ah well, it was a nice treat, alongside the chocolate. And refreshing!

Dinner (19:30) 3 (small) gluten free sausages on a bed of kale, with a side of asparagus God, I <3 green veg. It's amazing. I reckon if I hadn't of ate the chocolate, I would've still been hungry after the dinner. The sausages couldn't have added up to more than 4oz.

No exercise today, except from walking - straight after school I went out with my friends, and didn't get back home 'till about 19:20, then i had homework. However, I have loads of time to go to the gym after school tomorrow: no work needs to be done after school and my friends aren't coming over 'till 7. Gonna beast dem weights bro.
    Last edited by Emtropy; 09-26-2013 at 02:42 PM.

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    Hey ebrady,

just a though; you seem to be having a lot of fruit, which means more carbs and sugar, and less fat and protein. Perhaps try substituting the carby stuff for more fat-filled food, which will most likely satisfy you for longer.
    Also, using an online food tracker really helps, too. Paleotracker.com is a good one. It just gives you an idea of what exactly you're putting into your body.

T.

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome back to the journals! Good to have you here... and good to see you motivated my lazy arse to come back. Practicum's been pretty hectic, hence my absence. But now that the week's over... well. It'll be good to get back on track with you.
    But first of all.

Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    ...but nothing can ever replace dark chocolate and coffee. They have my heart. Forget everything else, i only need these two things in my life.
    <3

Now, onwards.

I admire your eats for the day. Well, most obviously the ones you made yourself - breakfast (not a morning eater myself, but each to their own) sounds delicious. I love parmesan, personally, goes amazing with chicken - and eggs are always amazing.
    Did you mean to name that 1:30 meal dinner?... I found it kinda funny you had two dinners - kinda like me sometimes

Your snack involved dark chocolate and coffee. It deserves a paragraph of it's own.

I understand entirely your frustration with chicken breasts. They are, as I like to think of them, the protein equivalent of what rice is as a carb - bland, boring, and entirely unenjoyable to eat unless fried, garnished heavily in condinment or drowned in sauce. Bleh. I had chicken tonight, too, but fortunatelyI had a cottage cheese. Nom.
    But I will admit, I've never heard of chicken stir fry... only beef stir fry.

Is it possible you could perhaps purchase your own food? Your own chickens, eggs, organ meats (if you're brave) and etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    Gonna beast dem weights bro.
    I'd be interested in seeing your routine and it'd be great to post how it goes up here to track your progress; it's quit motivating to see recorded strength gains, I find.

...Also, can you get some pics of dem eats? For imagery :P
    Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
    https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
    MFP Food Diary:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
    (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowknight137 View Post
    Welcome back to the journals! Good to have you here... and good to see you motivated my lazy arse to come back. Practicum's been pretty hectic, hence my absence. But now that the week's over... well. It'll be good to get back on track with you.
    Hey! Remember, we're both incredibly lax with this sort of thing, so we *must* be in it together ;D

I admire your eats for the day. Well, most obviously the ones you made yourself - breakfast (not a morning eater myself, but each to their own) sounds delicious. I love parmesan, personally, goes amazing with chicken - and eggs are always amazing.
    Did you mean to name that 1:30 meal dinner?... I found it kinda funny you had two dinners - kinda like me sometimes
    Thank you kindly sir :3 it's hard to experiment when the food is not yours technically, but I'm proud of my omelette presentation may be somewhat off, but it tastes lush.

Ahh, in England we generally call lunch dinner and dinner tea - but I get everything mixed up all the time so I often have two dinners ;D

Your snack involved dark chocolate and coffee. It deserves a paragraph of it's own.
    <3

I understand entirely your frustration with chicken breasts. They are, as I like to think of them, the protein equivalent of what rice is as a carb - bland, boring, and entirely unenjoyable to eat unless fried, garnished heavily in condinment or drowned in sauce. Bleh. I had chicken tonight, too, but fortunatelyI had a cottage cheese. Nom.
    But I will admit, I've never heard of chicken stir fry... only beef stir fry.
    Chicken breasts are the worst, especially when accompanied by wholegrain rice. It's torture that I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy.

Yeah, I would have beef stir fry but my father has beef with beef (and its other cousins, The Red Meat Clan.)

Is it possible you could perhaps purchase your own food? Your own chickens, eggs, organ meats (if you're brave) and etc.
    Unfortunately not. Don't get nee moneys.

I'd be interested in seeing your routine and it'd be great to post how it goes up here to track your progress; it's quit motivating to see recorded strength gains, I find.

...Also, can you get some pics of dem eats? For imagery :P
    Sure and sure!

Friday 27/9/13

The weekend. :3

I had friends over tonight, and there was junk food...and I succumbed. Sigh. A couple of handfuls of Mars Planets (why do I keep eating these?! They're not even nice! Ugh, willpower.) 40g of milk chocolate, 40g of milk chocolate (mind, there was no HFCS - all natural ingredients, apart from the excess sugar) a couple of handful of Walkers Crisps, and a coconut cake...I don't actually feel gross - I feel OK, actually - just a bit bloated. Ah well. It happens, I guess. Next time, I shall make a concious effort not to overeat on the shitty chocolates.

Breakfast (7:20): Ma Omelette - 3 eggs, 1 tbsp butter, 2 slices o'bacon, a sprinkling of cheese 726.jpg In a bowl, because we ran out of plates :P

Lunch: (13:30) 4oz salmon, dollop of cottage cheese, and some carrots and salad leaves. (no image, because "no phones in school!!!!")

Pre-gym snack (16:00) 30g nuts + a cup of coffee + 1 square dark choc 85% (no image again)

Dinner (18:00) Beef dinner with green veg. No idea on the measurements as my mum made it. 729.jpg
    God I was so hungry.

After-dinner(?) grapes and greek yoghurt. Already a spoonful nommed. 730.jpg

No image of the shameful snackery.

Workout
    6 miles cycling (leisurely pace - to the gym and back)
    3x10 37kg Bench Press
    3x10 30kg Squat (yeah yeah, my bench is bigger than my squat.)
    3x10 8kg dumbbell reps
    3x10 35kg Back and shoulder press.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
    Hey ebrady,

just a though; you seem to be having a lot of fruit, which means more carbs and sugar, and less fat and protein. Perhaps try substituting the carby stuff for more fat-filled food, which will most likely satisfy you for longer.
    Also, using an online food tracker really helps, too. Paleotracker.com is a good one. It just gives you an idea of what exactly you're putting into your body.

T.
    It's hard with non-paleo parents if it gets so bad I'll try and persuade them. In the meanwhile, I just have to get-by on the cleanest foods I can.

Thanks thought andd @kingofbaconandeggs (mint username)

orielwen is offline Senior Member
    Sorry, but your mum is no cook. That dinner just looks really dry and bland.

You could try keeping a packet of butter in the fridge and slathering it on everything? That would certainly help make the pictured food taste better, as well as helping to fill you up. Tell your parents (if they say anything) that you need it to fuel all that exercise you're doing. Which is true. But it looks to me like your parents just don't realise how much teenagers need to eat. You're still growing! Even if you've finished growing upwards you're still developing your adult shape. It's no wonder you pounced on the energy-dense food when it was available, even if it was full of sugar.

Can you try and negotiate with your mother for one evening a week to practice cooking 'for when you go to college'?

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    @ebrady98
    mmm, the pictures you are showing here represent maybe 1/2 or 2/3 of my dinner. Granted I don't eat 3 times / day but 1 to twice maximum. Damn! Where are the potatoes ??? rice ?? bananas ? apples ? oranges ? ... green veggies are fine but really, it is decoration only, to make the plate look nice and give a little flavor. When you sleep, you recover, you repair etc. Your dinner should be the most nutritious meal!! Add a big serving of oven baked french fries man! Bulk up that plate!

Quote Originally Posted by orielwen View Post
    Sorry, but your mum is no cook. That dinner just looks really dry and bland.
    Indeed. She can't cook meat at all. She's a pretty good cook when it comes to desserts...because she is free to use any ingredient she wants, as it's all unhealthy anyway. She says meat makes her nauseous, and that she'd go vegetarian. She's scared of fat, and continually blanches when I cook bacon and the fat is dripping off.

Quote Originally Posted by orielwen View Post
    You could try keeping a packet of butter in the fridge and slathering it on everything? That would certainly help make the pictured food taste better, as well as helping to fill you up. Tell your parents (if they say anything) that you need it to fuel all that exercise you're doing. Which is true. But it looks to me like your parents just don't realise how much teenagers need to eat. You're still growing! Even if you've finished growing upwards you're still developing your adult shape. It's no wonder you pounced on the energy-dense food when it was available, even if it was full of sugar.

Can you try and negotiate with your mother for one evening a week to practice cooking 'for when you go to college'?
    Tried both things. Me putting butter on stuff caused a two-week long argument, which ended in insults from both parents about my weight. Later on, they told me they were "just looking out for me" and were "just trying to shock me by making me consider my choices" thank Christ they don't do that anymore.

I could definitely eat a lot more food. Do you have any ideas for lunch and dinner? is there a better way to cook roast beef?

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFry View Post
    @ebrady98
    mmm, the pictures you are showing here represent maybe 1/2 or 2/3 of my dinner. Granted I don't eat 3 times / day but 1 to twice maximum. Damn! Where are the potatoes ??? rice ?? bananas ? apples ? oranges ? ... green veggies are fine but really, it is decoration only, to make the plate look nice and give a little flavor. When you sleep, you recover, you repair etc. Your dinner should be the most nutritious meal!! Add a big serving of oven baked french fries man! Bulk up that plate!
    I'm trying to lose weight, and have been told that low-carb is the best. I could afford carbs?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Saturday 28/9/13

Why does shopping make you so tired? It's not particularly physically or mentally exerting. Maybe it's all the consumerism that's drained me.

I got two new pairs of jeans, and it was all a little disheartening, considering I went with my two friends whom are sizes 6 and 8, and I'm 12/14. I guess when I was at my thinnest, I was still a 10/12, though. They're just sizes, and I shouldn't let them make me feel bad.

Breakfast (11:00) scrambled eggs and bacon030.jpg

Snack (15:00) medium americano with pouring cream + 50g dark chocolate

Dinner (19:00) meatballs and veg. Not homemade, or particularly filling...042.jpg

Dessert: berries and yoghurt and a coconut ball048.jpg050.jpg

And that's it for today. Tomorrow I think I'm going to the gym again, and then bowling after. (that is, if all goes to plan) I need a good pre-gym meal - I've just been having berries and yoghurt in the past, then my breakfast for afterwards. Anyone got any good suggestions? Also, has anyone got good recipes for lunch and dinner?

Page 1 of 133 1231151101 ... LastLast