Page 7 of 133 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 1322

Thread: Procrastination and Chocolate page 7

  1. #61
    Emtropy's Avatar
    Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Newcastle, UK
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    80/20 rule! Nothing happened and life goes on : 3!
    Heh, true! it was delicious too...worth it :3

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    Thath's really great Languages are very important - everyone knows that But I suggest you not taking up polish.. It's even hard for us... I mean so may people speak bad forms and they can't figure out the correct ones during their whole lifetime. It's kind of hell for tongue xd
    Someone said to me "if you're going to do well in anything in school, make it maths, english, and a language. That's all an employer wants." it would make sense, I guess - maths and english are the essentials and a language means you can go over to that country to work and yeah haha, I heard about how hard Polish is! My Polish friend from school says it's "ridiculous" :P i was thinking maybe Spanish, German, Swedish, or Japanese (the latter two will be really hard, mind) after I learn French.

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    Oww... This sounds like a great snack I really want you to send me some next time! : 3

    Have a nice night & keep being GROKY : 3!
    It was pretty nice *.* just ask, and I'll send some by

    Thanks, Adrian, you too!
    I'm not an emo, I swear

  2. #62
    Emtropy's Avatar
    Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Newcastle, UK
    Posts
    1,453
    6/10/13

    Pretty tired now. Ran around helping at the race all day; collecting the course in, adjusting the tape etc. As I predicted, I did get asked by a fair few people "when I'm coming out of retirement" and I just shrugged. Well, it is true! I'm confused about it all at them moment. Adolescence.

    Breakfast: Omelette. I made my usual but didn't flip it, so it was kind of like an egg pancake :') didn't take a pic, so here's a normal-lookin' one.
    20131004_073333.jpg

    Lunch: Tuna and avocado salad 1 1/2 cans of tuna, 1/2 avocado + 1 apple I thought I was gonna be starving after this, but I was OK. I mean, I did have 3 mini squares of galaxy chocolate after, so that must've taken the...fat? sugar? edge off. Picture is of its half-eaten stage.
    20131006_125627.jpg

    Dinner: chicken stir-fry with rice and veg.
    20131006_174929.jpg

    Dessert: pomegranate, blueberries and raspberries with Greek Yoghurt. (no pic)

    Supper: 2 cups of coffee (caffiene addict!!!11) a nectarine, and a rhubarb and custard nak'd bar the latter had "natural flavourings" which were probably rather questionable, but c'est la vie. It was cashews, dates, and raisins or s/t.

    Side thought: I saw loads of people today whom I haven't seen in a year, and it got me thinking about people I know in general. Why is puberty being kind to everyone but me? everyone my age and older seem to be good-looking young adults; clearly adolescent but lean and slim with young but mature faces. And there's me. And awkward blob thing.

    Ugh.

    Anyway, this song is pretty cool if you ask me. Angry, "classy" Dave Mustaine ftw. Shitty recording...not so ftw.
    I'm not an emo, I swear

  3. #63
    Shadowknight137's Avatar
    Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand.
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    I'd love to try that *.* don't have the ingredients, unfortunately. And huh - for some reason, I thought you'd be a heavy cream kinda guy. But then again, you are a nommer of delicious dark chocolate, so liking bitter coffee would make sense

    Water-flavoured coffee. With added HFCS. And gluten. Just for the lolz.
    Ugh... creamy coffee. Couldn't tolerate it. I just hat the consistency, and the flavour. If I wanted coffee flavoured cream, I would have it. But IMO cream in coffee is an abomination.

    We at Starbucks provide quality lulz for our customers.

    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    Yeah, exactly. There's just something about dat home touch...like a homemade Sunday dinner. Mmmm.

    I also want to travel the whole world, and am going to make it an absolute priority. Screw new furniture and a car, I want to go to Canada :P
    I actually used to hate Sunday dinners xD

    I have a friend in Canada I need to visit, actually. Cheers for reminding me. I owe her a Flake bar.

    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    it baffles the mind o.O fruit is like...fruit!

    Since life is ever-evolving, it would make sense that our tastebuds are too :P

    Now I want brownie. Mmm. Tbh, brownie was never my favourite...I always thought it was too dark and sickly. Things do change...
    I know! I know! I love fruit so much now I can barely believe I didn't used to care that much for it! Then again, back in those days I enjoyed milk chocolate and many processed sweets which I can't risk/don't really want now. That kinda took the edge off my desire for fruit sweetness.

    My Mum used to make the best brownie in the world. I literally was head over heels for that thing (well, not literally, you get what I mean...). I might try to recreate it from coconut flour or ask Chocotaco for a recipe; he generally knows what's up.

    But warm brownie and vanilla ice cream?.... Hnnnnng

    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    Can I just say - that is so cute. Not your insomnia; you and your girlfriend talking with each other till yous fall asleep. : )

    6am, jesus. 7:30am kills me. I wish I could get away with less sleep, but I suppose more is better than less...sorry :P
    She thinks so too I personally think it's cute that she asks so many questions when we're both exhausted, makes it harder to sleep and I spend half the time going shhhhh

    Insomniac for life.

    Damn, saying that just reminded me: Ratchet and Clank :'( God I miss them. Nearly picked up the remastering the other day for PS3... Those were such good days.

    [QUOTE=ebrady98;1329905]
    Doesn't seem to be worth it! Even though oats are damn delicious...it's like pizza for me. I lovelovelove it, but I get sluggish off it, along with headaches, stomach aches, and joint pain. I'll eat it once in a while 'cos I love it, but I have to face the self-inflicted consequences :P
    /QUOTE]

    But consistency.

    :P

    I actually have a semi-decent recipe for pizza crust with coconut flour. Dense as hell - not really calorically - but I mean in terms of satiation. Coconut flour tastes great, but feels like a ton once eaten. It's weird.
    What's your fave pizza topping? Meatloversforlyfe

    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    Aw, tell her to get well soon : ( (from, i dunno, MDA buddy? not-a-pedo?) :P

    I'm actually a pretty adept liar, but I feel too bad, so I don't :P not saying I could get past your mum: she must be pretty good! I could easily get off school tbqh, but I don't, because I'd miss too much work and I cba. :P
    Nah, she was feeling better. :>) thanks, though.

    I'm a little too good at lying :P Always have been, it's really bad. Though useful. Quite capable of fabricating stories, which could be useful as a writer... obviously.

    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    Praise to thee, our Lord and Saviour chocolate.
    holy_chocolate_colombia_65_small.jpg

    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    Yeah, I guess it's not normal to eat exactly the same every day. I quite like the idea of 1300 kcal one day and 2500 the next :') because of appetite, of course. Not Xtreme dieting.
    I personally believe that's what the whole Primal thing is about; regulating appetite naturally. It's what I like about it.

    I'm in the unfortunate situation where I have to force myself to eat more, consistently, every day. Failure to do so one day means the pain of making up for it the next day. Not as fun as it could sound :/

    I despise extreme dieting with a passion. I also don't understand how anyone could do it and still have friends, close family or a romantic relationship. I also believe these people, by dieting like this, won't ever get these things until they change their attitude.

    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    Shadowknight137, blowing broscience out of the water since 2013 :P where did the "do not eat past 8" come from anyway? It'll be "stored as fat in your sleep" or something? :P
    Lol, cheers :P

    And I have no idea. Maybe because a lot of people snack at night, and so by setting this rule in place they have more success by eating less food in a time they consume the most? Idk.

    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    Woo!

    Hey, no shame: game music actually rocks. So does movie soundtracks - Inception, Road to Perdition - it's music, right? Music is music is music. Or however you day it.
    I day it all day erry day. :P

    Fallout soundtrack <3

    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    Thank you very much :3 i still stand by my reasoning why you're better, though. :P
    Again, bollocks. I love that word.

    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    'Tis one of my favourite sites to chill on. Even the nutritional arguments are fun. Not that I'm knowledgeable - hell, the only thing I know is Whole Foods ftw - but you can gain insight and even some lolz.

    Thanks a lot! Have a good day
    That knowledge puts you leagues ahead of a vast majority of the population in terms of nutritional knowledge and miles ahead of people who alienate foods due to macronutrient content.

    And this site is great for teh lolz ^_^

    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    Thanks a lot! Have a good day
    You too!
    Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

    Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
    https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
    MFP Food Diary:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
    (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)


  4. #64
    Shadowknight137's Avatar
    Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand.
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    6/10/13

    Breakfast: Omelette. I made my usual but didn't flip it, so it was kind of like an egg pancake :') didn't take a pic, so here's a normal-lookin' one.


    Lunch: Tuna and avocado salad 1 1/2 cans of tuna, 1/2 avocado + 1 apple I thought I was gonna be starving after this, but I was OK. I mean, I did have 3 mini squares of galaxy chocolate after, so that must've taken the...fat? sugar? edge off. Picture is of its half-eaten stage.


    Dinner: chicken stir-fry with rice and veg.


    Dessert: pomegranate, blueberries and raspberries with Greek Yoghurt. (no pic)

    Supper: 2 cups of coffee (caffiene addict!!!11) a nectarine, and a rhubarb and custard nak'd bar the latter had "natural flavourings" which were probably rather questionable, but c'est la vie. It was cashews, dates, and raisins or s/t.
    Today actually looks really good - even the lunch! The satiation would come from I'd say the extra protein and fat from the tuna and avocado portions.

    AND DAT DINNER! You're becoming pro at the stir fry thing, aren't you? :P I'm mirin'. I need to do more stir fries. Usually when I fry rice I go all asian style and toss in an egg to get that special consistency, but yours still looks pro. What's your tip?


    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    Side thought: I saw loads of people today whom I haven't seen in a year, and it got me thinking about people I know in general. Why is puberty being kind to everyone but me? everyone my age and older seem to be good-looking young adults; clearly adolescent but lean and slim with young but mature faces. And there's me. And awkward blob thing.

    Ugh.

    Anyway, this song is pretty cool if you ask me. Angry, "classy" Dave Mustaine ftw. Shitty recording...not so ftw.
    Grass is always greener on the other side.

    Everyone's probably thinking the same thing. I look terrible compared to everyone else. Why does life suck for me yet be kind to everyone else? Etc. It's normal. I wouldn't worry about it.

    Watching/listening to song now
    Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

    Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
    https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
    MFP Food Diary:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
    (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)


  5. #65
    Emtropy's Avatar
    Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Newcastle, UK
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowknight137 View Post
    Ugh... creamy coffee. Couldn't tolerate it. I just hat the consistency, and the flavour. If I wanted coffee flavoured cream, I would have it. But IMO cream in coffee is an abomination.

    We at Starbucks provide quality lulz for our customers.
    I suppose the hardcore coffee fans would scoff at cream in coffee...they'd call it "soft" or "not real coffee" or something...kind of like my attitude to milk chocolate I like cream in coffee for the flavour; but also it makes a delicious quick lunch when paired with dark chocolate. Consistency can be a little weird, I suppose, though I can't say I mind all that much.

    We at Starbucks will serve your lulz with a side of pretentiousness!

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowknight137 View Post
    I actually used to hate Sunday dinners xD

    I have a friend in Canada I need to visit, actually. Cheers for reminding me. I owe her a Flake bar.
    Ahhh, grandma's Sunday dinners were the best though <3

    Um, no problem? :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowknight137 View Post
    I know! I know! I love fruit so much now I can barely believe I didn't used to care that much for it! Then again, back in those days I enjoyed milk chocolate and many processed sweets which I can't risk/don't really want now. That kinda took the edge off my desire for fruit sweetness.
    Ngl, I'd still eat a bar of G&B's milk...but it'd be a 7/10 tbf. And yeah, when you can have fat AND sugar in a bar, sugar and fibre don't really bother you, I guess.

    Now, to me, grapes or Sharon fruit taste better than candy. Oh, and berries. And pears. Actually, all the fruit is better than candy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowknight137 View Post
    My Mum used to make the best brownie in the world. I literally was head over heels for that thing (well, not literally, you get what I mean...). I might try to recreate it from coconut flour or ask Chocotaco for a recipe; he generally knows what's up.

    But warm brownie and vanilla ice cream?.... Hnnnnng
    Omg...<3 that is one dessert.

    I heard a lot of people disagree with Chocotaco. The politickz on here can be amusing...and harsh.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowknight137 View Post
    She thinks so too I personally think it's cute that she asks so many questions when we're both exhausted, makes it harder to sleep and I spend half the time going shhhhh

    Insomniac for life.
    I can just imagine yous two (even though I have no idea what she looks like) in a sort of doped state - sliding down in a chair, words becoming more slurred as the conversation progresses.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowknight137 View Post
    Damn, saying that just reminded me: Ratchet and Clank :'( God I miss them. Nearly picked up the remastering the other day for PS3... Those were such good days.
    You're more of a gamer than me :P ain't ever heard of it. All I used to do was bash CoD and Assassin's Creed and Mario and Pokemon lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowknight137 View Post
    I actually have a semi-decent recipe for pizza crust with coconut flour. Dense as hell - not really calorically - but I mean in terms of satiation. Coconut flour tastes great, but feels like a ton once eaten. It's weird.
    What's your fave pizza topping? Meatloversforlyfe
    Oooooooh....pray do tell?

    To tell you the truth, I was always a margherita girl...the shame! Now, ain't nobody gonna beat a good meat feast, or chicken and bacon pizza. <3

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowknight137 View Post
    Nah, she was feeling better. :>) thanks, though.

    I'm a little too good at lying :P Always have been, it's really bad. Though useful. Quite capable of fabricating stories, which could be useful as a writer... obviously.
    Good :3

    Have to say, being good at lying is probably the best skill in today's world when paired with lack of remorse or guilt. Yes, sociopathy, I'm looking at you. :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowknight137 View Post
    I personally believe that's what the whole Primal thing is about; regulating appetite naturally. It's what I like about it.

    I'm in the unfortunate situation where I have to force myself to eat more, consistently, every day. Failure to do so one day means the pain of making up for it the next day. Not as fun as it could sound :/

    I despise extreme dieting with a passion. I also don't understand how anyone could do it and still have friends, close family or a romantic relationship. I also believe these people, by dieting like this, won't ever get these things until they change their attitude.
    Me too. There is nothing restrictive about this "diet" as many people would believe. You stop eating fast food, wheat, veg oils, and copious amounts of sugar for the most part - no one is saying you go "off plan" if you do indulge. Shaming someone (or yourself) for eating something "bad" can only cause problems with food, and I wish some people would realise this. It's like at cycling - if a lean teenage boy eats a cake, God forbid, he's ridiculed and told that he'll put weight on! All in a joking manner, of course, but when food is a source of shame nowadays it can be taken to heart. (I can attest.)

    It does sound fun having to eat more :P but nah, I can imagine how much of a pain it could be, especially when you're absolutely stuffed and don't even want to think of food.

    Exactly, i don't know how extreme dieters have a life at all...theirs is ruled by food. I feel sorry for them, of course. Awful situation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowknight137 View Post
    Lol, cheers :P

    And I have no idea. Maybe because a lot of people snack at night, and so by setting this rule in place they have more success by eating less food in a time they consume the most? Idk.

    I day it all day erry day. :P

    Fallout soundtrack <3
    No probs :P

    It all comes down to calories thought nighttime snacking is the best time to consume junk food - when you're relaxed, and maybe in front of the TV. That would make sense.

    That soundttrack rules <3

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowknight137 View Post
    Again, bollocks. I love that word.

    That knowledge puts you leagues ahead of a vast majority of the population in terms of nutritional knowledge and miles ahead of people who alienate foods due to macronutrient content.

    And this site is great for teh lolz ^_^

    You too!
    Even better when you say it in a Kiwi accent ;D

    Hmm, when you put it that way...always more to learn, though! I want to devise a training and eating plan to fuel training and racing (and to beat erryone of course) that's unconventional, just cos it's awesome to do so and I can. :P

    Thanks!
    I'm not an emo, I swear

  6. #66
    Emtropy's Avatar
    Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Newcastle, UK
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowknight137 View Post
    Today actually looks really good - even the lunch! The satiation would come from I'd say the extra protein and fat from the tuna and avocado portions.
    Thanks and yeah, t'was much better than the other time I had tuna.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowknight137 View Post
    AND DAT DINNER! You're becoming pro at the stir fry thing, aren't you? :P I'm mirin'. I need to do more stir fries. Usually when I fry rice I go all asian style and toss in an egg to get that special consistency, but yours still looks pro. What's your tip?
    Actually, that particular stir-fry was by my mum :P she boiled the rice, then added it and stir-fried it for a few minutes with the chicken and veg.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowknight137 View Post
    Grass is always greener on the other side.

    Everyone's probably thinking the same thing. I look terrible compared to everyone else. Why does life suck for me yet be kind to everyone else? Etc. It's normal. I wouldn't worry about it.

    Watching/listening to song now
    Oh no, life doesn't suck at all! my physical appearance does. Though apparently if you're an ugly teenager you're more likely to be a good-looking adult; there's hope yet. :P

    Megaaaaadethhhh \m/
    I'm not an emo, I swear

  7. #67
    Emtropy's Avatar
    Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Newcastle, UK
    Posts
    1,453
    7/10/13

    Holaaa.

    Had a 6th form meeting thingy today. At first, I didn't know what it entailed; now I know it's basically pure persuasion to stay on at 6th form. God help you if you want to go to college or get an apprenticeship. My friend was apparently grilled on why he's gallivanting off to college, and our advisor was only satisfied when he listed his reasons in detail.

    Thankfully for me, I'm planning on going to 6th form, and I took all the subjects that 6th from and the Universities salivate over: maths, english, biology, chemistry, physics, IT, RE, French, law, and history; I got a pleased look when I confirmed my future attendance.

    Not sure what I'm going to do with myself when I'm older. I literally have 0 clue as to what to do for a career. I don't have anything to work towards because my ambitions are not set in stone. Don't get me wrong - I'm going to get the best grades possible...I just don't know what I'm going to do with them.

    I was thinking maaaaybe English Lit, history, French and biology for A-Level...but who knows.

    I also didn't go to the gym today because in PE we did hill sprints. So I let that be my workout for today ;D

    Breakfast. Omelette. Duh. (since I'm amazing at technology, I somehow managed to delete all my food pics...though I'm sure I can leave this to the imagination)

    Lunch: chicken breast (sigh) salad + dollop of pineapple cottage cheese + 1/2 avocado + nectarine
    050.jpg

    Snack: "Natural" bar
    download.jpg

    Dinner: lamb (ShadowKnight will appreciate) and steamed veg.
    20131007_174851.jpg

    Dessert: berries and Greek Yoghurt.

    Currently snacking on some Dark chocolate. 10-15g will probably be consumed.

    I've had like 4 cups of coffee today. Dammmmn.

    More thoughts on the bike: I could probs do it. I just need to lose a little weight before I do, and devise a training plan that will benefit me (instead of draining my top-end by doing too much pointless steady-state cardio)

    Edit: 100g dark chocolate. Sigh.
    Last edited by Emtropy; 10-07-2013 at 02:15 PM.
    I'm not an emo, I swear

  8. #68
    Shadowknight137's Avatar
    Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand.
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    I suppose the hardcore coffee fans would scoff at cream in coffee...they'd call it "soft" or "not real coffee" or something...kind of like my attitude to milk chocolate I like cream in coffee for the flavour; but also it makes a delicious quick lunch when paired with dark chocolate. Consistency can be a little weird, I suppose, though I can't say I mind all that much.

    We at Starbucks will serve your lulz with a side of pretentiousness!
    Oh, crap, you like it with cream, don't you?... Sorry. :P I've always loved my coffee black. I love how bitter and smooth it is. To each their own.

    Srsly, I suppose cream in coffee isn't too bad. My girlfriend likes caramel moccha's and frappuccinos and my best friend likes those two same things except white chocolate. Idon'tevenknow.

    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    Ahhh, grandma's Sunday dinners were the best though <3

    Um, no problem? :P
    Eh, well I used to hate potatoes. Particularly mashed or soggy (roasted in a lot of olive oil). Despised them, and I was forced to eat them. I have memories of sitting at the table for 2+ hours, having to eat cold potatoes and not being able to leave until I finished. It sucked :'(

    No, srsly, thanks. I nearly forgot and Flakes bars are on special (and delicious).

    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    Ngl, I'd still eat a bar of G&B's milk...but it'd be a 7/10 tbf. And yeah, when you can have fat AND sugar in a bar, sugar and fibre don't really bother you, I guess.

    Now, to me, grapes or Sharon fruit taste better than candy. Oh, and berries. And pears. Actually, all the fruit is better than candy.
    In New Zealand the only G&B's we have are Milk, Maya Gold, 70% and 85%. I've tried all but the milk. I love Maya Gold despite it's lower cocoa content - it's just got a spicy flavour and aroma that gives a spike of energy with coffee - and, as for the darker brands, well, obvious high rating. Obvious. Never been too pushed on the idea of milk... though I have tried all the Lindt Excellence Dark (though they call 47%+ dark) brands. Coconut is amazing.
    I heard G&B's have some new flavours; I think it's Milk Orange and Lemon Dark...yes, I follow them on Facebook. xD

    Fruit>Candy any day. Frozen dates are the snack of the Immortals.

    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    Omg...<3 that is one dessert.

    I heard a lot of people disagree with Chocotaco. The politickz on here can be amusing...and harsh.
    Dessert, or after-school snack. <3 Loved brownie.... now I want.

    This is MDA forums. Errybody disagrees with errybody. I like some of Choco's advice, think some of it's silly; I like his stance on whole foods, though disagree with some of his statements that fatty foods are fattening; then again, I'm a believer of moderation of all things and despise orthorexia.
    Regardless of any opinions of him or nutritional stances, I hear his recipes are good and he seems like an alright guy. Might see if he has a brownie recipe.

    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    I can just imagine yous two (even though I have no idea what she looks like) in a sort of doped state - sliding down in a chair, words becoming more slurred as the conversation progresses.


    You're more of a gamer than me :P ain't ever heard of it. All I used to do was bash CoD and Assassin's Creed and Mario and Pokemon lol.
    ...that's actually pretty accurate

    WUT?! YOU DON'T KNOW RATCHET AND CLANK?!!
    us.jpg
    These guys, as well as Jak and Daxter and Sly Cooper were my freaking childhood. I have so much nostalgia when I see them.


    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    Oooooooh....pray do tell?

    To tell you the truth, I was always a margherita girl...the shame! Now, ain't nobody gonna beat a good meat feast, or chicken and bacon pizza. <3
    Here's my old link on the MFP forums: Primal Pizza | MyFitnessPal.com

    Be warned: someone tries to compare a legit pizza crust to a mushroom. Yes, someone says a pizza topping is better than my pizza. Dafuqiswrongwithsomepeople.

    CHICKEN AND BACON! With pineapple is delish.


    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    Good :3

    Have to say, being good at lying is probably the best skill in today's world when paired with lack of remorse or guilt. Yes, sociopathy, I'm looking at you. :P
    I have guilt! And remorse! I bullied my friend (everyone does, it's kinda funny) yesterday and felt absolutely terrible. that I didn't say meaner things because now I have to wait til next time we talk

    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    Me too. There is nothing restrictive about this "diet" as many people would believe. You stop eating fast food, wheat, veg oils, and copious amounts of sugar for the most part - no one is saying you go "off plan" if you do indulge. Shaming someone (or yourself) for eating something "bad" can only cause problems with food, and I wish some people would realise this. It's like at cycling - if a lean teenage boy eats a cake, God forbid, he's ridiculed and told that he'll put weight on! All in a joking manner, of course, but when food is a source of shame nowadays it can be taken to heart. (I can attest.)
    I honestly think today is going to the dogs. Everyone judges everyone on what they eat; diets are everywhere, everyone is on one and good luck reading any magazine that doesn't tout something to do with weight loss. It's sickening.

    People don't seem to realise that by saying things like that to that lean teenage boy, or lean teenage girl even in a joking manner it can easily be taken to heart. They could have OCD and maybe develop orthorexia, or worse, develop body dismorphia issues because of that comment and come down with full-blown anorexia or bulimia. It's sick and it's cruel, especially on the young, who need food to grow. Teenagers worry about their weight because of judgement.

    An example? My girlfriend, when she's going to Uni studying up here in Auckland lives with her Aunt and Uncle. Her Aunt is a mega-bitch thethe 9th degree, goes to the gym daily for cardio classes and judges other women constantly. Now, my girlfriend feels judged on what she eats around her, and feels she has to diet or lose weight in her household. My girlfriend is in no way whatsoever fat, in fact, she's quite weedy. I don't think words can describe quite how furious I get at this and how the media and older people with their own issues and disorders dare thrust their own issues both on the young and those without them.

    I consider myself to be on the Dark Chocolate and Coffee Diet or maybe the Eat Whatever I Want to Eat in Moderation. Maybe even IIFYM. Whatever. I just like a healthy attitude towards food.

    /endrantofpassion.

    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    It does sound fun having to eat more :P but nah, I can imagine how much of a pain it could be, especially when you're absolutely stuffed and don't even want to think of food.

    Exactly, i don't know how extreme dieters have a life at all...theirs is ruled by food. I feel sorry for them, of course. Awful situation.
    It does sound fun, I guess. I can get it. I just don't like eating all that much. That's why I keep a log; posting pics on line, recording recipes, whatever, makes me feel like I'm doing something and it's worth the while.
    Sometimes, though, it gets to the point where I'm just enjoying myself and the day's coming to a close, then it dawns on me "crap, I need to eat something now, don't I?" and I just feel depressed. :'(
    ....let's also not get into the problem of fibre intake/bowel problems that occur when first upping calories. Nuff said.

    I can't stand it. Fad diets, extreme caloric restriction, yo-yo diets... Ugh. No more rants for me on this today.

    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    No probs :P

    It all comes down to calories : ( thought nighttime snacking is the best time to consume junk food - when you're relaxed, and maybe in front of the TV. That would make sense.
    Yeah. I prefer to get all my carbs down then; helps me sleep, kinda. And it's nice to watch a movie or youtube or play video games and snack, let's be honest.

    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    Even better when you say it in a Kiwi accent ; D

    Hmm, when you put it that way...always more to learn, though! I want to devise a training and eating plan to fuel training and racing (and to beat erryone of course) that's unconventional, just cos it's awesome to do so and I can. :P

    Thanks!
    I never used to think I had an accent when I was younger, 'cause I couldn't hear it. God, I love kids

    Training and eating plan? I'd say ditch the latter create the former. In terms of eating plan all you really need to know - what you already know - is to eat plenty of whole foods and adequate carbs to fuel your cycling needs. If anything, freeze some mangos and berries and maybe invest in protein powder because I hear that in terms of running (uncertain if this is broscience, studied lifting stuff mainly only) refilling glycogen after a run is quite important, so a smoothie could go down nice. Maybe invest in some Protein powder? Convince le parentals and find a cheap brand.

    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    Oh no, life doesn't suck at all! my physical appearance does. Though apparently if you're an ugly teenager you're more likely to be a good-looking adult; there's hope yet. :P
    Pssh.

    Me = Ugly teenager and ugly adult xD Difference now is I have a beard and can buy booze.
    Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

    Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
    https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
    MFP Food Diary:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
    (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)


  9. #69
    Shadowknight137's Avatar
    Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand.
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    7/10/13

    Holaaa.

    Had a 6th form meeting thingy today. At first, I didn't know what it entailed; now I know it's basically pure persuasion to stay on at 6th form. God help you if you want to go to college or get an apprenticeship. My friend was apparently grilled on why he's gallivanting off to college, and our advisor was only satisfied when he listed his reasons in detail.

    Thankfully for me, I'm planning on going to 6th form, and I took all the subjects that 6th from and the Universities salivate over: maths, english, biology, chemistry, physics, IT, RE, French, law, and history; I got a pleased look when I confirmed my future attendance.

    Not sure what I'm going to do with myself when I'm older. I literally have 0 clue as to what to do for a career. I don't have anything to work towards because my ambitions are not set in stone. Don't get me wrong - I'm going to get the best grades possible...I just don't know what I'm going to do with them.

    I was thinking maaaaybe English Lit, history, French and biology for A-Level...but who knows.

    I also didn't go to the gym today because in PE we did hill sprints. So I let that be my workout for today ;D
    Glad to see you're sticking with school. Not just saying that because I'm gonna be a future teacher, but keeping a wide variety of options is always best; you have a more likely chance of getting a job, now, in any case.

    SPRINTS! Those are always fun.

    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    Breakfast. Omelette. Duh. (since I'm amazing at technology, I somehow managed to delete all my food pics...though I'm sure I can leave this to the imagination)

    Lunch: chicken breast (sigh) salad + dollop of pineapple cottage cheese + 1/2 avocado + nectarine

    Snack: "Natural" bar

    Dinner: lamb (ShadowKnight will appreciate) and steamed veg.

    Dessert: berries and Greek Yoghurt.

    Currently snacking on some Dark chocolate. 10-15g will probably be consumed.

    I've had like 4 cups of coffee today. Dammmmn.
    Yes, I do like that lamb. <3 Lammmmb. I'm actually jealous of how often you get lamb.

    What's the natural bar like, btw? What's in it? I've been considering making a bar (brownie bar) of my own.... and what the hell is pineapple cottage cheese?

    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    More thoughts on the bike: I could probs do it. I just need to lose a little weight before I do, and devise a training plan that will benefit me (instead of draining my top-end by doing too much pointless steady-state cardio)
    Could you please explain how a cycling training plan works? Never cycled myself.

    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    Edit: 100g dark chocolate. Sigh.
    I lol'd Hard.

    Did you enjoy it? That's what matters. Have you ever considered melting chocolate over fruit, ie, berries? I do mine on bananas and stick them on a satay stick for a popsicke, but y'know... maybe sliced pear?
    Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

    Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
    https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
    MFP Food Diary:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
    (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)


  10. #70
    Adrian's Avatar
    Adrian is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    321
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thankfully for me, I'm planning on going to 6th form, and I took all the subjects that 6th from and the Universities salivate over: maths, english, biology, chemistry, physics, IT, RE, French, law, and history; I got a pleased look when I confirmed my future attendance.
    Really clever choices You'll have a nice start into the future : 3

    Not sure what I'm going to do with myself when I'm older. I literally have 0 clue as to what to do for a career. I don't have anything to work towards because my ambitions are not set in stone. Don't get me wrong - I'm going to get the best grades possible...I just don't know what I'm going to do with them.
    But I'm sure that you'll find yourself a nice job! Just keep learning and working hard and your career will develop itself : D!

    I also didn't go to the gym today because in PE we did hill sprints. So I let that be my workout for today ;D
    Tbh I hate running : / The only sprints I enjoy are kettlebell circuts : ) I just feel very stressed while sprinting..

    Your foods look delicious ! Great idea with that pineapple! I think you inspired me to have some too : 3

    Have a nice day!
    Hardgainer trying to gain - my primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread91644.html

Page 7 of 133 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •