Page 3 of 130 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Procrastination and Chocolate page 3

orielwen is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Cross posted.

Your mum is jealous of you, and possibly has an eating disorder of her own, and is definitely trying to give you one. I can't believe how nasty she's being! Does your dad speak up for you at all?

I take back my advice about the GP. She won't listen to the GP either. It's not because your information is from the internet; that's just her excuse. It's because she doesn't want to hear it.

Time to accelerate your independence. Can you pimp yourself round the neighbours to earn some money to spend on your own food? (Keep it out of your mother's sight.) Mow their lawns, tidy their houses, babysit their children? Invite yourself round to your friends' houses for dinner. (Your cycling friends, who will understand your need for food.) If your mother starts complaining that you're never there for dinner, tell her why.

Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by orielwen View Post
    I didn't lose my podge until I was around 17. No dieting and no being hungry, nor even any loss of weight; I just finally developed a shape! I wasn't exactly fit by any means, but I wasn't overweight, even at a size 1214, and I'm a few inches shorter than you.
    But I can grab my belly with both of my hands. Surely that's not good? :/

Having said which, after six months on Primal I went down to a size 8 (now at size 10 after childbirth, but I'm expecting it to drop again in due course). But I see you saying you're built quite broad, which suggests to me you don't need to lose weight. Keep with the lifting and eating right and you'll find the weight you have will redistribute itself in a very attractive fashion.
    Gah, I don't know whether it's just me being paranoid about my weight or my mum that's making me like this. She just makes me feel terrible about everything diet related. I can't afford to eat more, really, and I'm scared that she'll force me back on a low-fat, calorie-restricted diet. (I went on one when I was 13. Brilliant idea...)

This is the problem, isn't it? You're very much at the mercy of your parents. Can you get an appointment with your GP to get reassurance that you don't need to restrict calories? Blah blah BMI blah blah. If you can get them to approve a high-fat, whole food diet, so much the better (and you'd be surprised how many GPs are actually coming round to it now). You'll have important exams coming up this year and next, and I'm concerned that you shouldn't go into them with any constraints on your brain activity. Starving yourself will not do you any favours here!
    Indeed. I have thought about that, but none of them advocate a primal-like diet. They're still very much CW (I know my GP is, and my grandma's GP is, too) and I'm slightly over on the BMI scale - always have been nearing the end, even at my fittest - so that's out of it.

I just wish I could start again. I've been trying paleo for months and months. it was great at the start, until I developed BED because I was so sick of myself after gaining weight on holiday. My mum always takes marginal weight gains as an excuse to feed me less: henceforth, I sneak chocolate and nuts, put more weight on...the cycle continues. I'm sick of it - but how can I say I need more meat and fat? My mum is slim and I am not. Granted, she is skinny-fat, but she barely eats anything. I can't be like her. She just doesn't get it.

Cross posted.

Your mum is jealous of you, and possibly has an eating disorder of her own, and is definitely trying to give you one. I can't believe how nasty she's being! Does your dad speak up for you at all?

I take back my advice about the GP. She won't listen to the GP either. It's not because your information is from the internet; that's just her excuse. It's because she doesn't want to hear it.

Time to accelerate your independence. Can you pimp yourself round the neighbours to earn some money to spend on your own food? (Keep it out of your mother's sight.) Mow their lawns, tidy their houses, babysit their children? Invite yourself round to your friends' houses for dinner. (Your cycling friends, who will understand your need for food.) If your mother starts complaining that you're never there for dinner, tell her why.
    Cross posted again :P I should probably start checking before I post!

I think she's genuinely concerned...and thinks the only way to get through is to be nasty to me. Believe me, she's been worse before. She's compared me to an obese neighbour, and made me get new jeans because my old ones "did me no favour"

I'm going to get a job when I can. I'm too young now, but in half a year I'll be old enough to get a parttime job. If I get one, all the money will be spent on good food. To be honest, I could go and confront her right now that she's made me feel like shit. She's sitting in the next room. But I'm scared. Is that unreasonable? I'm scared to talk to my own mother about my own health.

Adrian is online now Senior Member
    The situation seems to be very complicated I don't know how to help you.. Maybe you stick to your dad and explain him how you feel and what primal diet is about.. Also when you talk with mom try to tell her about your emotions in a calm way, so she should feel sorry that she makes you sad.. Please try to stay positive and I wish you all of the best for upcoming week!

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk
    Hardgainer trying to gain - my primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread91644.html

orielwen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    I'm going to get a job when I can. I'm too young now, but in half a year I'll be old enough to get a parttime job. If I get one, all the money will be spent on good food.
    I'm sorry, but in this climate I wouldn't pin much hope on getting a formal job. I was thinking more of informal pocket money earning. However if you can get one, great!
    To be honest, I could go and confront her right now that she's made me feel like shit. She's sitting in the next room. But I'm scared. Is that unreasonable? I'm scared to talk to my own mother about my own health.
    Yes, it's unreasonable. But it's her that's being unreasonable, not you. Your reaction is quite understandable.

I had a very powerful mother and could never as a teenager have stood up to her about anything. Fortunately she was emotionally healthy so wasn't actively trying to screw me over the way yours seems to be. Don't let her win. Take up your dad's bike offer and go and be happy despite her.
    But I can grab my belly with both of my hands. Surely that's not good? :/
    So can I. So could I at 17, and so could I this time last year when I was a size 8. So too, I bet, can your mother.

Those tight flat bellies you see in the magazine pictures? They're actually incredibly rare. Most people need to severely starve themselves to get them. (Or else know how to use Photoshop.) It's not healthy.

Don't worry about your weight or your belly. Don't weigh yourself and for goodness' sake if you do don't tell your mother what you weigh. Concentrate on how much you can squat or press – your weights, not your weight!

MarielleGO is online now Senior Member
    ebardy, you really need to stop worrying about loosing weight. You are still growing. Your body will use up all your puppy-fat with it. As long as you are careful not to over-eat regularly and continue to workout, you'll be great. By the time you are past 20 you are allowed to worry about being overweight if you still aren't happy with the way you look.
    Let go of the idea that you need to eat less to loose weight. You just need to eat the right foods.

With you parents and food issues. it's difficult. Your parents should listen to your wishes with food. It's not like you only live on sweets and soda like most kids. Try to get your mom involved. Offer to do shopping for her and buy all the healthy stuff. Or invite her to hunt for recipes...

If nothing works, you could if you get it use a bit of your money to buy a few good items to fill you up (not only dark chocolate )
    Or use a bit of alone time to bake a few things that you can keep to eat when needed.

30/9/13

Thank you all for the support and advice...it means a lot to me. Great community on here.

My mum apologised for what she said last night and seemed genuinely sorry. She said she didn't mean to be so harsh about the food. Maybe she'll be more accepting in the future of any information I present to her: I mean, I've got a "paleo" folder and i've saved so many things for reference! Plus, I can now cite registered dieticians, and hell, even scientific papers. No one can dismiss that~

Anyway, today.

No pictures because I'm dumb and somehow managed to delete all the files off my phone. Shame too, I even got a picture of my lunch...the meal that lacks innovation and mostly, satiety. What are your favourite portable lunches?

Breakfast (7:20) 3 egg omelette cooked in 17g butter + 2 bacon and sprinkling of cheese usual breakfast; I love it, it keeps me full for hours. Nice to wake up to in the mornin'.

Lunch (13:30) beef and avocado salad with tomatoes, carrots, lettuce; and apple. Beef was dry, but t'was expected. I usually eat the apple at break but I didn't have time today as I had to stay rush to chemistry. We're doing our ISA - you create a hypothesis, then have to do an experiment which supports this, as well as various exam papers and graphs. Fun stuff.

Snack (16:30) 1 medium americano w/pouring cream + 50g dark chocolate. My friend is a huge Alter Bridge fan so we went into the city straight from school to get the new album. It's sooooo good. Myles Kennedy's voice is one of the most impressive I've heard, and Tremonti is just a beast.

Dinner (17:30) lamb curry with cauliflower rice. The curry itself was nice, but the cauli rice is inferior to white rice. I know I may annoy you all (sorry, I'll probably grow out of this stage sometime in the next 20 years) but is white rice OK, since I'm a teen girl and all? Cauliflower rice seems to be for extreme low carbers.

Dessert: berries and yoghurt. the usual.

I'm going to the gym again tomorrow, and I'll probably have nuts/chocolate as a pre-workout snack (usually hungry when I come in from school anyway)

I have considered taking up my dad's offer to ride again...I dunno, I do miss mountain biking. I know the general consensus on "chronic cardio" but really, what is more primal than blasting around a forest for two hours? Fun exercise close to nature, mostly with friends?

Actually, no. That's obviously approved. I'm considering racing again - I was fairly decent at it. I declined towards the end of my "career" - probably because I was in the middle of a growth spurt; convinced i had to eat low-fat CW to lose weight - seriously, I was barely hitting 1500 per day while training for an hour per night. Damn, I want to go back in time and punch myself in the face...but yeah, if I were to train for a 90 minute mountain bike race again, I'd have to do some decent research on how to implement a cardio-heavy lifestyle while primal.

Breaking Bad ended. I'm not OK.
    Attached Images Attached Images

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    White rice is really nice!! you can have both cauliflower and white rice. And add a not-to-ripe banana or 2 with your yogurt

I'll alternate between the two then :3 how many g of white rice?

Also, i have a banana allergy!

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    I'll alternate between the two then :3 how many g of white rice?
    Pfff, I don't know ... whatever you feel like eating I guess. Make it sitr-fried (cook it and cool it down for 24h in the fridge - the next day, warm up some good fat and stir-fry the rice).

Also, i have a banana allergy!
    damned! that's a tough one ... ok, then add 1 apple and a couple of kiwis maybe ?

Page 3 of 130 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast