Page 19 of 130 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Procrastination and Chocolate page 19

Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by MarielleGO View Post
    I have just finished Mark's Primal Blueprint. I have started a fantasy book by a Dutch writer called Sacrifice in the Myst. It's now being translated to English.
    I have also bought, Dan Brown's Inferno, The Iron Fey series and I still have to finish 'The secrects of the Immortal Nicolas Flamel'
    I'm a little ashamed that I haven't read TPB :/

I hear good things about Inferno. Tell me what Sacrifice In The Myst is like!

egyption grok is offline Senior Member
    Okay dan brown is a genius Iooooove his stories AMAZING !! Havent read inferno yet bt will buy soon wat I would totally recommend is "a thousand splendid suns " and "the kite runner" they r phenomenal seriously I couldnt leave the book

Sent from my EK-GC100 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    I'm a little ashamed that I haven't read TPB :/

I hear good things about Inferno. Tell me what Sacrifice In The Myst is like!
    I have just started in Sacrifice in the Myst... basically it's about a teenage girl in the fifty's that is capable of seeing ghosts. She meets a ghosts from the stone age and somehow the time lines start to flow... I can't tell you more yet but so far it's really good
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by egyption grok View Post
    Okay dan brown is a genius Iooooove his stories AMAZING !! Havent read inferno yet bt will buy soon wat I would totally recommend is "a thousand splendid suns " and "the kite runner" they r phenomenal seriously I couldnt leave the book
    My "to read" list is hundreds of books long (literally) but I'll get round to them someday! ;3

I have just started in Sacrifice in the Myst... basically it's about a teenage girl in the fifty's that is capable of seeing ghosts. She meets a ghosts from the stone age and somehow the time lines start to flow... I can't tell you more yet but so far it's really good
    Sounds like my kinda book actually...enjoy it!

Wednesday 30th October 2013

I appear to be shedding.

Seriously, I rubbed my arms earlier and a boatload of dry skin came off...that's not a good sign, is it? :/

So, school today was pretty pointless. Instead of being helpful it was hindering: if you were a little unsure before, you must definitely be now. The teacher who took us for the revision session today was helpful to the point of overkill; and the requirements to get a good grade seem to be so much harder to achieve now.

I think I may actually ignore what was said today and just go with the original plan - write fo ma life. A few weeks ago my teacher gave us an exam question and I reeeeally did not know how to answer it properly. It seemed like it demanded a long answer but I had absolutely no idea what to write; it seemed suspiciously easy. So I started rambling on about the institution of the modern family, tribal instinct, and anarchism. The question was "what do we learn about Amanda's visit to the Grand Canyon?". I got full marks and it turned out all you had to do was quote the author and say "this shows that/I gather from this that she was feeling happy." they must think we're thick or something? Idk. i prefer the describe/analyse questions anyhow...

Winter is upon us, and it gon' be harsh. When I came out of the gym today it was pitch black and the wind was really picking up. British GAs have put their prices up by 10% - I'm sure we'll afford it, but it's a little scary to think that some people may not be able...

I felt amazing at the gym today but I'm not sure whether I ate too much. I think I did tbh. I could've done without the 100g of dark chocolate...but I only ate it 'cos there was only fruit and yoghurt for lunch.

I need an easy to make, accessible, healthy lunch. Got any ideas? Or is what I'm having fine? idk. When I go back to school it'll be back to salads :/

Anyway, today was Workout B.
    5x5x45kg Squat
    1x5x35kg Deadlift
    5x5x30kg Bent Over Row
    5x5x18kg Standing Press
    3x8x37.5kg Close Grip Bench Press
    3x8x16kg Bicep Curl (Bar)
    3x10x42kg Cable Crunches

Food
    Breakfast: 3egg omelette in 15g butter + 2 bacon + sprinkling of cheese; coffee w/teaspoon honey; 1/4 pear;3 squares Lindt 85%
    4.jpg

Dinner: a pear, some pineapple, handful of grapes + 4 tablespoons yoghurt; 7 Lindt 85% (overkill ik)
    2.jpg

Snack: 1 rice cake + 120g cottage cheese

Dinner: lamb curry + white rice
    curry.jpg

Dessert: more pineapple with 2 teaspoons yoghurt
    pineapple.jpg

OK, so what I can say is
    a) I felt amazing in the gym
    b) I'm radiating heat like a mofo
    c) I'm in a great mood
    d) I'm still chubby?

So did I eat too much today or what? Too many calories? Carbs, fat, w/e?

Forever jealous of all the people who just "eat right and lift" and the weight melts off them. Forever jealous.

Nevertheless, I hope said people have a great night

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    I appear to be shedding.

Seriously, I rubbed my arms earlier and a boatload of dry skin came off...that's not a good sign, is it? :/
    It's the time of the year. I always say I'm changing to my winter fur... My hair is falling out quicker but somehow manage to get thicker and my skin is bloody dry no matter what I put on it. (heaters and hot showers cause your skin to dry out more quickly this time of the year)

To help my skin along I make a conscious effort not to shower too hot and stay away from dry heat-blowing heaters. Also going to the sauna works and eating more fatty foods. you can by these coconut oil skin care products, they help quite a bit
    But to be honest I just cover everything up until spring comes and the sun is out again..
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

HavanaFiend is offline Member
    Thought I'd drop in on this discussion. I have a problem slightly similar to yours, although nowhere near as nasty...
    I have always been skinny, my whole life. I just turned 18 and I couldn't break 70kg (155 lb) eating as much as I wanted to each day - note that I am a 6'2 male. I went primal to boost my energy and concentration levels mostly, as well as all of the other benefits that come attached

However, 6 weeks in to my new plan I had dropped almost 10kg. Needless to say, now I am really lean - less than 8% BF. My parents are both concerned that I have some kind of eating disorder. My 2 brothers and my Dad give me shit about my body composition, although my brothers are quite overweight and my Dad's health is going downhill. I have just started lifting heavy so I am hoping to put on some bulk over the next few months and onwards, but I'll have to wait and see what happens.

I really enjoy reading your entries though. You have a great way with words for someone your age. Good to see yet another mountain biker floating around MDA too, yeah!!

All the best with your primal living

It's the time of the year. I always say I'm changing to my winter fur... My hair is falling out quicker but somehow manage to get thicker and my skin is bloody dry no matter what I put on it. (heaters and hot showers cause your skin to dry out more quickly this time of the year)

To help my skin along I make a conscious effort not to shower too hot and stay away from dry heat-blowing heaters. Also going to the sauna works and eating more fatty foods. you can by these coconut oil skin care products, they help quite a bit
    But to be honest I just cover everything up until spring comes and the sun is out again..
    Yeah, i thought it may have been heaters and showers. My mum always says that its "the weather" but its more likely a byproduct of it.

It's weird, though, cos it's only my forearms?
    and they're smooth now?

Quote Originally Posted by HavanaFiend View Post
    Thought I'd drop in on this discussion. I have a problem slightly similar to yours, although nowhere near as nasty...
    I have always been skinny, my whole life. I just turned 18 and I couldn't break 70kg (155 lb) eating as much as I wanted to each day - note that I am a 6'2 male. I went primal to boost my energy and concentration levels mostly, as well as all of the other benefits that come attached

However, 6 weeks in to my new plan I had dropped almost 10kg. Needless to say, now I am really lean - less than 8% BF. My parents are both concerned that I have some kind of eating disorder. My 2 brothers and my Dad give me shit about my body composition, although my brothers are quite overweight and my Dad's health is going downhill. I have just started lifting heavy so I am hoping to put on some bulk over the next few months and onwards, but I'll have to wait and see what happens.

I really enjoy reading your entries though. You have a great way with words for someone your age. Good to see yet another mountain biker floating around MDA too, yeah!!

All the best with your primal living
    Hey!

First of all, thanks for the compliments. It means a lot have you ever thought about starting a journal?

Re your weight: what do you eat on a daily basis? someone your age and height with an obviously fast metabolism could do with some carbs. Fruit, rice, potatoes? Slather butter on everything. Drink milk (if you can tolerate it) with every meal. Chocolate is your friend :P

High fives for mountainbikers! I have noticed a lack of them round here :3

Best of luck to you, too. Sorry about your family giving you a hard time. Sometimes i think they feel obliged to rip you on everything.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

egyption grok is offline Senior Member
    Okay seriously I have to pick up my pace, bec soon ull br getting to my weights way to go woman

Hahaha I had a questiin in biology ince and I had no idea wat i should write so I wrote everything I know around the topic and hoped for the best ..... I aced that quiz and damn those teachers that make stuff more complicated it usually happens though when smeone asks a wierd question and they try to "clarify" it...when that happens I just stop listening and do anything else until they finish

I dnt see that ur foods were a lot its quite normal imo and wat is the recipe for the curry I have never tried curries before wat r they anyway

And the people that fat just melts off of them bec they stopped coke for instance I will also be forever jealous it seems that wat ever I do nothing changes :/

Sent from my EK-GC100 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

HavanaFiend is offline Member
    I have been considering it over the past few days. My final exams are coming up at school, so once they are done and dusted I will have heaps of time to do such things!

Daily I'm eating about 1g protein per lb of weight, probably pushing 150g carbs and of course heaps of fat. My body just seems to be happy where it is now.. I won't be too worried about it unless I can't build muscle either. Time will tell. Each day I basically just eat heaps of meat and veg, some nuts, 1 or 2 pieces of fruit, a fair bit of good quality dairy (raw milk and cheese, sometimes yoghurt, butter), potatoes/rice/legumes once or twice a week. Coconut cream and oil make regular appearances too. Oh, I forgot to mention the best part - quality 85% chocolate and strong, organic local coffee are at the top of my list. You have great taste

I love my bike. I haven't done a lot of racing, but I think I'll have to look in to some Super-D/Enduro style racing soon with my new found energy!!

Don't be sorry! My parents aren't reluctant to buy me the food I want and need, so I could have it a lot worse. I just wish they would trust me! I'm moving out of home in 3 months and heading to university in a different city, going to live in a self-catered apartment. Should be an adventure! I thought you lived in Newcastle, Australia.. apparently you are a little further away

@Shadowknight137 - Hey bro! Good to see another guy my age from Aotearoa on MDA. I checked out the kiwis' forum but all I found was a bunch of middle aged women hahaha. What part of Auckland are you in?

Okay seriously I have to pick up my pace, bec soon ull br getting to my weights way to go woman
    Y'all better watch out ;-) nah, thanks :-D

Hahaha I had a questiin in biology ince and I had no idea wat i should write so I wrote everything I know around the topic and hoped for the best ..... I aced that quiz and damn those teachers that make stuff more complicated it usually happens though when smeone asks a wierd question and they try to "clarify" it...when that happens I just stop listening and do anything else until they finish :-p
    If in doubt, spew every single last drop of information onto the sheet. If it doesn't get you full marks, you'll at least get a pass ;D glad it worked for you ahaha

I dnt see that ur foods were a lot its quite normal imo and wat is the recipe for the curry I have never tried curries before wat r they anyway
    Really? I thought it was a hell of a lot of food :/ ah well.

And you've never had curry?! Idk if you're joking or not...but if you are, then omg </3

I'm not sure of the exact recipe - my mum got it from somewhere - but if you type in "lamb and spinach curry" a few good results should come up :-) I think she used the tesco one? But replaced the "vegetable oil" with coconut oil.

And the people that fat just melts off of them bec they stopped coke for instance I will also be forever jealous it seems that wat ever I do nothing changes :/
    You can't talk! You have a great body. I'm jealous.

I have been considering it over the past few days. My final exams are coming up at school, so once they are done and dusted I will have heaps of time to do such things!
    Ah I know that exam feel. Not under as much pressure as you though - good luck! It'll be good to see you on here :-)

Daily I'm eating about 1g protein per lb of weight, probably pushing 150g carbs and of course heaps of fat. My body just seems to be happy where it is now.. I won't be too worried about it unless I can't build muscle either. Time will tell. Each day I basically just eat heaps of meat and veg, some nuts, 1 or 2 pieces of fruit, a fair bit of good quality dairy (raw milk and cheese, sometimes yoghurt, butter), potatoes/rice/legumes once or twice a week. Coconut cream and oil make regular appearances too. Oh, I forgot to mention the best part - quality 85% chocolate and strong, organic local coffee are at the top of my list. You have great taste :-D
    Damn, I wish i had teenage boy metabolism :') and yeah you're right: if you can't gain, you may want to add in more liquid calories/carbs at every meal?

85% chocolate and coffee is life bro.

I love my bike. I haven't done a lot of racing, but I think I'll have to look in to some Super-D/Enduro style racing soon with my new found energy!!
    I've done a fair few mountain bike races (wouldn't call myself a vet or anything haha but y'know) Not enduro, though, just regular hour long races: they were enough for me! I can imagine enduro would be quite amazing, though. You and the bike and the scenery, for hours on end...

Scotland is such a good place to ride your bike. If you can ever get over here, well, get over here :-P

Don't be sorry! My parents aren't reluctant to buy me the food I want and need, so I could have it a lot worse. I just wish they would trust me! I'm moving out of home in 3 months and heading to university in a different city, going to live in a self-catered apartment. Should be an adventure! I thought you lived in Newcastle, Australia.. apparently you are a little further away
    My parents are a little less lenient than yours :/ guess it all boils down to, like you said, trust.

:-D what are you doing in uni?

Nah haha, unfortunately I live in the grey Newcastle, not the boiling hot one :-P

Thursday 31st October

My friends ate the kid's Halloween sweets so we had to shut the curtains and pretend no one was in. I feel sorry for the younger ones; but there were people my age trick or treating in onesies?! Srsly guys, I know free food is awesome and people can't exactly turn you down at the door, but still: stop. You are 15, 16 and 17. And you don't even have the excuse of a little sibling. And you took a handful!

I mayyyy be being hypocritical here, because I had 2 mini bounties out of our trick-or-treat stash, but to be fair, there were only like 2 more kids knocking on the door after my friends pounced upon the diabetes-inducing prey. It was like after 8, so the little kids would've been in; and the rowdy teens don't deserve free food, so there we go.

My friends only just left. They stayed for 6 hours and we were only supposed to be doing revision :') revision turned into a GTA and chess session, like it always does. Oh, and watching people fall over on YouTube. We did get to learn circle theorem and some quadratics, which is pretty good considering we were a bunch of unsupervised teenagers?!

I actually did want to learn. It's easy to get distracted. I'll make up time tomorrow. Especially considering I was 40 minutes late to school cos I thought we started at 9:30. Apparently not. Turns out I missed the easy stuff anyway and we promptly whizzed through sheets and sheets of area and volume and simultaneous equations; most of it eludes me. Sadly I was not blessed with many things, and mathematical ability is near top of the list of "things I wish I could have but no"

So eating hasn't been great today...1) I ate some halloween sweets, and 2) I probably ate too much in general for a.."rest day." even though I do feel OK in terms of, i dunno...coordination? When you feel strong but know you are not entirely lean? That sorta thing.

My friends say if my "arse and tits grow anymore you'll just be a walking blob of muscle and tissue" because they're endearing chaps.

Food
    Breakfast: Omelette + coffee (OMG I bought the best coffee ever today. I've had two cups and I want another but it's too late at night)
    download.jpg

Lunch: pineapple, pear, blueberries and cottage cheese + 40g pistachios (WHY haven't I had this before?!)
    cc.jpg

1 hour later: my dad made some egg fried rice. It wasn't very nice, was the egg fried rice.
    download (1).jpg

Snack: coffeeeee, 3 squares of caramel choc, 2 mini bounties, a mini fudge, 8 or 9 starbursts, a packet of lovehearts :/

Dinner: shepherd's pie and veg + an apple. This was also pretty awful. The mince was so dry I could barely taste it. What's the best ground beef you can buy for things like chilli etc?
    sh.jpg

Seemingly out of impulse, I put a banana in the freezer earlier. And now I'll have to wait till morning to get it out. What should I do with it? Slice it up, put some honey on it? :P

OK, I need to comply a shopping list for ma mere very very soon. Essentials for delicious primal meals people?! Whoever is reading this?!