Page 13 of 133 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Procrastination and Chocolate page 13

Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by egyption grok View Post
    Why r u nt allowed to cook, r they like afraid ull burn down the house or somethin bc once I almost did , bt then in my defense it was before primal and I was making french fries for some reason ?

and ya I know I was ganna freak out if that was salt , actually I would have had a heart attack right then !!
    Sent from my EK-GC100 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    I cook occasionally. I cook breakfast and sometimes dinner (I like cooking dessert too :3) but my mum likes cooking so she cooks for me; also, I have the niggling feeling that she's afraid of me using "too much fat" or something. She now knows that it's not unhealthy (I hope!) But I still don't think she trusts me entirely.

I could offer to cook once per week -that's reasonable, right?

And ikr, my mouth would have died!

Sent from my HTC One mini using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    I'm not an emo, I swear

egyption grok is offline Senior Member
    Hows everything going in the gym?
    I would love to see a pic of u and would be more amazing if u have progress pics

18/10/13

Quick update since we're at my friend's house shooting gangs and running people over. (on GTA. No need to worry.)

Ding ding, I'm not pregnant! Thanks for the reminder, mother nature! Now, can you erm, go away? Save me the pain and hunger and inconvenience?

Anyway, I felt awful today (and we all know why) so gym day is tomorrow.

Foods
    Breakfast: messy omelette
    1382123284321.jpg

Lunch:spicy chicken breast and pistachio nuts with a pear. Attachment 13908

Snack: another pair and coffee.

Dinner: ham-wrapped cod with roasted sweet potato wedges and veg.
    1382123452740.jpg

Dessert: usual. This time I mixed it all up lol
    1382123574439.jpg

I'm still kinda hungry but I'm at my friend's and there ain't much healthy food around. Maybe i'll just sleep on it.

I'm also going to "Nando's" with my friends tomorrow - it does spicy chicken with a side of carbs I'll probably get plain roasted chicken with rice or mashed potato. I plan on avoiding the veg oil; but i may have some frozen yoghurt for dessert. Even if it is low-fat (with other additives, probs. 80/20. #yolo)

Bleh, I hate this time of the month. I feel huge and gross. And bloated.

Seriously, I feel so much fatter. How is that possible in one day?! Water retention...right?

Anyway, have a nice night everyone

Sent from my HTC One mini using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    I'm not an emo, I swear

Adrian is online now Senior Member
    Your messy omelette looks still GREAT : )
    If you are hungry, there should be some fruit maybe somewhere?

Remember - 80/20 makes primal quite funnier. : ) And adds some ADRENALINE to our lives xD Anyway spicy chicken sounds pretty good : )

I have problems with water retention too sometimes. For example my belt doesn't match the right hole or same thing with my hand watch. The thing causing my bloating are most often some fermented products (e.g. sauerkraut), apples sometimes, but always balsamic vinegar. It's a rule. After it I have awful feeling... like my weight was gone up by 10 or more kgs.

Anyway, have a great night, your pictures are awesome once again : )
    Hardgainer trying to gain - my primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread91644.html

Hows everything going in the gym?
    I would love to see a pic of u and would be more amazing if u have progress pics

Gym is good! I keep on being lax though...like, i was supposed to go on thursday but i was too tired; i was supposed to go today but my muscles felt drained. I need a proper routine to stick to.

Hmm, I may just upolad pics..I'm not so sure though :P next week or the week after :P (wouldn't want to hurt your eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    Your messy omelette looks still GREAT : )
    If you are hungry, there should be some fruit maybe somewhere?
    Hehe, cheers :3

Luckily there was! A super ripe banana. I saved it from the bin - they were going to chuck it away! They thought it would be mouldy and mushy but it was perfect. Mmmm, brown-spotted bananas....

Remember - 80/20 makes primal quite funnier. : ) And adds some ADRENALINE to our lives xD Anyway spicy chicken sounds pretty good : )
    True! What's your favourite 20%?

I have problems with water retention too sometimes. For example my belt doesn't match the right hole or same thing with my hand watch. The thing causing my bloating are most often some fermented products (e.g. sauerkraut), apples sometimes, but always balsamic vinegar. It's a rule. After it I have awful feeling... like my weight was gone up by 10 or more kgs.
    My friend has problems with apples too...balsamic vinegar is fermented too; perhaps your body doesn't like high sugar/fibrous fruits also? Considering the apple thing.

Anyway, have a great night, your pictures are awesome once again : )
    Thank you! You too
    I'm not an emo, I swear

egyption grok is offline Senior Member
    Ya probably if u set for urself a schedule ull likely stick to it , bt for me the gym is like my second home really , I lose it there and its a way for me to just get my mind off things for a while

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    Though I did hear caloric requirements increase by about 25%? Someone falsify this? I'm not sure. It would make sense, I guess...and it's common to gain water weight around this time and lose it in the following days after.
    I'm no scientist nor am I an expert of the subject of... this... but I would assume that, yes, your caloric expeniture would be somewhat higher during this time, like when you give blood. As for how much higher, I couldn't possibly say.

Indeed.

I think some people realise that once they get past a certain point there's no turning back they're either dead wrong, stubborn, or both :P
    And that's the worst part. The being wrong but refusing to accept anything other than what they already believe due to a pre-set idea on what's "right/wrong", "healthy/unhealthy".

Are protein shakes unhealthy? Of course not, it's just a protein source. They're not nutritious, a diet based around them as a primary source of protein and/or calories, however, would be unhealthy. The fact that it's processed, a "fast-food" or whatever abitrary title someone wants to stamp on it is totally irrelevant and means nothing in terms of it's health. One food choice a healthy diet does not make.

That's fair enough. Mind you, you have a great body anyway without needing to do any of these things. I think for some people, it may be the final brick in the wall; for them it's necessary to looking how they want. However, I agree, you should never judge someone based on their physique.
    I nearly blushed, but I'm too yellow for that. :3

In terms of carb cycling, refeeds are indeed a useful strategy for lean individuals hoping to cling onto muscle mass and drop those last few bits of fat, but otherwise cycling macros and calories is fairly pointless IMO. Just get enough fat and protein (I like 1g/0.5g per lb of bodyweight personally) and fill the remainder of your calories with whatever composition of macros you like - preferably carbs for energy and food variety, and of course ensure you eat a vast array of foods such as fruit and vegetables to meet your macronutrient needs.

To those who don't count calories? Simple. Just eat a good amount of meat, veggies and some starch, If you want to carb cycle, just eat leaner cuts of meat and plenty of carbs on either days you do lift or days you don't (to refuel) and fattier foods on the other. Fairly decent idea, but IMO just whole foods in moderation is the best - ie, a nice steak, side of potatoes and some veg. Protein/fat, carbs and micronutrients. Boom.

Agreed. Hell, I think transfat is the anti-christ (SLIGHT hyperbole there) but I won't die if I had some. I try my best to avoid it obviously.
    It really is quite silly when people panic over that <1g transfat in their food.

In comparison with the people who consume foods fried in trans-fat rich oils every day and spread margarine on their toast, I'm fairly certain those who strive to avoid it will be just fine.

[QUOTE=ebrady98;1340486]
    Soon. I'm scayuuud!/QUOTE]

Aware me when done

As long as you have a mutual passion and the same sort of mindset (in this case being health) you can be friends with just about anyone right?

Cheers. I'll watch the videos later, and if any further comments are made, I'll get them to watch it. I also said about how some men having a hard time putting it on: but the thing is, I have a pretty easy time putting it on. My body likes to maintain its tan and its muscles :P
    In a gym, try discussing health and nutrition with some of the trainers and people training. Some will just not care, some will spout BS but some will share your knowledge and your passion, and these people are a pleasure to talk to. For me? Two dudes: Ben and Peng. Trainers who are friendly in a guy kinda way (jokes, casual trash talk, etc - well, Ben, Peng's more the quiet friendly type) who have a love for what they do and enjoy talking about this stuff.

Ironically, the channel I linked you is soon to be deleted for recent controversial claims against Layne Norton (natty or roids?) and is now "JuggernaughtFitness". But still amazing vids.
    Also, maybe search on Facebook for "Gym Memes" and "Yeah, she squats" - those groups are more than enough proof.

I LOVE kidney beans.
    SAME! They're so delicious in chilli, and have the best 'crumble-in-your-mouth' feel to them. Haven't had them in ages... not sure why. Probably would be bad for my gut, but that's just me: maybe it's something to do with my coeliacs (ie, gut being torn up over years of glutenings and particularly more recent ones) but too much fibre gives me a baaaaaaad tyme.

Today about 75% of my teachers were off because of the strike, so I only had three lessons today.
    I envy you so much... MOAR STRIKES IN POLAND PLEASE!!!
    -_-

Big applause for the dessert! Fruit + dairy = big explosion of amazing taste in mouth. True Story : 3
    Attachment 13920
    Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
    https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
    MFP Food Diary:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
    (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    18/10/13

Quick update since we're at my friend's house shooting gangs and running people over. (on GTA. No need to worry.)
    So jealous/10. Still haven't played.

Foods
    Breakfast: awesome omelette
    1382123284321.jpg
    Fixed ;D

I'm also going to "Nando's" with my friends tomorrow - it does spicy chicken with a side of carbs I'll probably get plain roasted chicken with rice or mashed potato. I plan on avoiding the veg oil; but i may have some frozen yoghurt for dessert. Even if it is low-fat (with other additives, probs. 80/20. #yolo)
    IMHO chicken and rice sounds better than mashed potato. But then again, I hate mashed potato

Froyo = Kiwiyo? If so, ftw. Most of the ingredients are just thickeners (ie, Xanthum) and low fat is not necessarily an issue.

#yolo
    I am disappoint.

Seriously, I feel so much fatter. How is that possible in one day?! Water retention...right?
    I would assume so, as well as other hormone-related things. Possibly also just food. I sometimes find myself ridiculously bloated if I've eaten lots of veg the next day. It's kind of funny, but uncomfortable.

^This. Never had the belt problem, but yeah, feels crappy. Literally sometimes. Don't you just love the info I share?

Strong this. I enjoy Kiwiyo every now and then, and went out with my GF for (and actually decent!) GF burger, and hell, I enjoyed every bite. Have no stress; just chill, enjoy company and enjoy the food.

Though, hey, Mr CC King sir, I'm still waiting to see you get some take-out

Hmm, I may just upolad pics..I'm not so sure though :P next week or the week after :P (wouldn't want to hurt your eyes
    I'm sure you look great! Pics would be awesome, but don't feel pressured to put them up if you don't want to. Remember: this still is teh interwebz.

But IMO pics would be good. That way (in the least creepy way possible), I can quit pompously point out how I was right all along and that you look excellent. How could you even consider denying me my birthright of being an asshole? The shame!
    Ya probably if u set for urself a schedule ull likely stick to it , bt for me the gym is like my second home really , I lose it there and its a way for me to just get my mind off things for a while
    Agreed on all this.

Gym is a great place, at least for me, to take out stress. Out in school I'm judged by people who may well be employing me one day, but in the gym?... There it's me who is in control. Me vs the weight. It's bloody ecstatic.

Btw if ever furiously angry at someone/something, try lifting - particularly deads. Nothing quite like it.
    Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
    https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
    MFP Food Diary:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
    (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowknight137 View Post
    I'm no scientist nor am I an expert of the subject of... this... but I would assume that, yes, your caloric expeniture would be somewhat higher during this time, like when you give blood. As for how much higher, I couldn't possibly say.
    I should probably google around instead of being lazy.

But I suppose appetite would regulate? I know some people crave sweets like a mofo one minute then feel sick the next minute; but i rarely, if ever, crave sugar: and if I do, it's fleeting/a craving for fruit sugar.

And that's the worst part. The being wrong but refusing to accept anything other than what they already believe due to a pre-set idea on what's "right/wrong", "healthy/unhealthy".

Are protein shakes unhealthy? Of course not, it's just a protein source. They're not nutritious, a diet based around them as a primary source of protein and/or calories, however, would be unhealthy. The fact that it's processed, a "fast-food" or whatever abitrary title someone wants to stamp on it is totally irrelevant and means nothing in terms of it's health. One food choice a healthy diet does not make.
    Exactly.

i remember when I was called "brainwashed" because I said that fried eggs were healthier than granola and skim milk. Because the eggs are "full of fat and cholesterol". Lol, and I'm brainwashed.

And there's a reason why protein shakes are supplements; like you said - it's just an extra, easy to digest and drink protein substance with some benefits to be drank accompanying a healthy diet.

I nearly blushed, but I'm too yellow for that. :3
    Lmao, I can't say I've ever heard this expression before. I've heard people saying they were "green" (which has two different meanings I suppose)

In terms of carb cycling, refeeds are indeed a useful strategy for lean individuals hoping to cling onto muscle mass and drop those last few bits of fat, but otherwise cycling macros and calories is fairly pointless IMO. Just get enough fat and protein (I like 1g/0.5g per lb of bodyweight personally) and fill the remainder of your calories with whatever composition of macros you like - preferably carbs for energy and food variety, and of course ensure you eat a vast array of foods such as fruit and vegetables to meet your macronutrient needs.

To those who don't count calories? Simple. Just eat a good amount of meat, veggies and some starch, If you want to carb cycle, just eat leaner cuts of meat and plenty of carbs on either days you do lift or days you don't (to refuel) and fattier foods on the other. Fairly decent idea, but IMO just whole foods in moderation is the best - ie, a nice steak, side of potatoes and some veg. Protein/fat, carbs and micronutrients. Boom.
    I have heard many say people over-complicate nutrition...I suppose they're right: it is complicated, but to get the majority of results, it's fairly simple. For the most part of course.

It really is quite silly when people panic over that <1g transfat in their food.

In comparison with the people who consume foods fried in trans-fat rich oils every day and spread margarine on their toast, I'm fairly certain those who strive to avoid it will be just fine.
    Indeed. I think people can get obsessive with never touching the stuff, though.

However, whenever I go out for a meal, or eat out at someone's house, I have to accept that I'm more than likely consuming trans-fats. It's all good. For me, that is. Because if I'm eating at someone's house for one meal, I'll be eating more in one meal than I usually do per week, like you said.

In a gym, try discussing health and nutrition with some of the trainers and people training. Some will just not care, some will spout BS but some will share your knowledge and your passion, and these people are a pleasure to talk to. For me? Two dudes: Ben and Peng. Trainers who are friendly in a guy kinda way (jokes, casual trash talk, etc - well, Ben, Peng's more the quiet friendly type) who have a love for what they do and enjoy talking about this stuff.
    I normally just keep to myself in the gym. I don't really socialise outside my friendship group. I probably should...anyway, there aren't a lot of trainers hanging around my gym. It's a multi-sport facility, so I imagine the trainers will be out on the track or taking a lecture somewhere. If by any chance anyone who looks official walks in, I'll swallow my shyness :P

Or, you know, I could just strike up a random convo? I've always admired people who do that. I find it kinda cool.

and have the best 'crumble-in-your-mouth' feel to them.
    Yes! That's the perfect way to describe them. Mm, I think I'm having some tonight <3

Anyway, it's too bad about the fibre thing D: I've never really asked about your Coeliacs: did it just all of a sudden happen? You never felt the symptoms beforehand? Tell me about it.

-_-
    *points to Adrian* he said it, not me! :P

So jealous/10. Still haven't played.

Fixed ;D
    You need to soon! And cheers haha ;D

IMHO chicken and rice sounds better than mashed potato. But then again, I hate mashed potato :p

Froyo = Kiwiyo? If so, ftw. Most of the ingredients are just thickeners (ie, Xanthum) and low fat is not necessarily an issue.
    I feel like I need to defend poor ol' mashed potato against you ;D he's defenceless. (because he's a potato)

And yeah, I think. Low-fat ice cream type thing. Was pretty decent; not *that* flavourful though.

I am disappoint.
    *Teacher voice* "you've let me down, you've let your parents down...but most of all, you've let yourself down."

^This. Never had the belt problem, but yeah, feels crappy. Literally sometimes. Don't you just love the info I share?
    Lmao. We're on a health-related forum. It was bound to come up sometime :')

Strong this. I enjoy Kiwiyo every now and then, and went out with my GF for (and actually decent!) GF burger, and hell, I enjoyed every bite. Have no stress; just chill, enjoy company and enjoy the food. :)

Though, hey, Mr CC King sir, I'm still waiting to see you get some take-out :p
    True :) and I did thanks, it was good :3

Yeah Adrian! When are you gonna eat a Chinese takeaway or some ice cream? ;D

I'm sure you look great! Pics would be awesome, but don't feel pressured to put them up if you don't want to. Remember: this still is teh interwebz.

But IMO pics would be good. That way (in the least creepy way possible), I can quit pompously point out how I was right all along and that you look excellent. How could you even consider denying me my birthright of being an asshole? The shame!
    Lol, in your head you think too highly of what you think I'd look like ;D besides, I like this veil of anonymity: i may just uphold it :P

Nah, I'm kidding. And I appreciate it. I probably will upload a photo sometime. Maybe in the next week or two. But who knows? Not I nor you.

Gym is a great place, at least for me, to take out stress. Out in school I'm judged by people who may well be employing me one day, but in the gym?... There it's me who is in control. Me vs the weight. It's bloody ecstatic.

Btw if ever furiously angry at someone/something, try lifting - particularly deads. Nothing quite like it.
    I think I'm lazy about it sometimes because I'm usually tired after school and I have to ride my bike there, which takes even longer....i get home about 5:30 and don't get to eat till 6 so I'm often hungry therefore lethargic; that's why I felt so good at the gym today: because I had a proper meal.

That's only some days, mind. I'm going on Monday. And it *should* be awesome! :P
    I'm not an emo, I swear

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    19/10/13

I'm in a content state now. I had loads to eat out at Nandos with my friends, and it was just what I needed. Even if it wasn't clean - I had roasted chicken, which is fine; but I also had chips. Potatoes probably fried/baked in veg oil. And spicy rice...more veg oil. But who cares, it was bloody delicious.

This morning I was supposed to wake up early so I could go to the gym on time, but by the time I faffed around and made breakfast etc, I realised that I reeeeally needed to get a move on. So, shockingly, I got ready really quicky; got there on time; did a decent workout; then got home and got ready on time. This is like character development of some sort: I'm always late. Always. Today was an exception; and I was squeezed for time!

Also, funny thing in the gym: teen boy, around 2-3 years older than me, busy on the squat rack before I went over. He was just squatting the bar. While he was resting, I set up the bar with weights and did a set. He was clearly watching or felt insecure for some reason, because when I finished he added weights onto his :') and he was perfectly able to do them! (yes, I was watching him) he struggled a bit more and seemed tired; but hey son, they're squats. You can't beast the bench and neglect the squats. True story.

I also blasted home on my fixie, because a) I felt amazing after the gym even though my legs were feeling the squats, and b) I was going to be late otherwise. But that's an expectation that I surpassed today ;D

Workout:
    7 miles cycling on single speed
    bench: 5x5x35kg - my heaviest completed sets yet!
    squats: 3x10x37.5kg - hurt like a bitch.
    OHP: 2x10 22.5kg 1x10 17.5kg - I started to compensate with my back on the second set of OHP, so I slowed right down, finished the set, and dropped the weight. The 17.5kg is too light and my form isn't good enough for 22.5. Sigh. Will redo next time.
    Deads: 3x10x17.5kg - getting better and better. I think I'll move up next time

Food
    Breakfast: 2 (failed attempts at hardboiled - lost track of the time) eggs; fruit and yoghurt concoction; 10g dark chocolate; coffee with a splash of milk, a teaspoon of honey and 1/2 a teaspoon of coconut oil.
    brek.jpg
    coffee.jpg

Lunch: NANDOS.
    nandos.jpg
    froyo.jpg

Dinner: Leftover chilli
    chilli.jpg

After I had some grapes.

Had around 2 1/2 bowls of the above zero-fat froyo (my friend was pinching spoonfuls) obvs not as good as ice cream but still pretty hood.

Calories in total? probs around 50000 (slight exaggeration) ah well.

My friends bought a Ben and Jerry's Core Sunday and I was tempted to get one but changed my mind at the last minute. It looked delicious: 2 scoops of ice cream, a shit load of caramel sauce, whipped cream, chocolate, and nuts. Sugar and fat bomb that put them both in a food coma :') they were so lethargic after. They told me it was "worth it. Worth it as hell."

19:43

So my mum's made soup for tomorrow: potato, turnip, leek, kale, and bacon off the bone, made and mixed with water. I had a taste; it was quite nice. She offered to make me soup for school, and said "Jamie Oliver has some good recipes" I know J.O is a canny lad, but he seems rather...conventional. So has anyone got any good soup recipes?

My mum also offered to make me fruit for breakfast tomorrow, but she's out, and there's a free kitchen. I think I'm gonna make some fried eggs or something. I'll see what we have.

I love cooking and I'm sure I'd be able to come up with decent recipes. Sigh.

Edit: i consumed a further 80g of dark chocolate...I'm a bloody hoover today.
    Last edited by Emtropy; 10-19-2013 at 01:37 PM.
    I'm not an emo, I swear