Page 12 of 133 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Procrastination and Chocolate page 12

egyption grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    Ahh OK and you always feel alright on fasting days?
    YA!! Have u read marks posts on fasting I totally recomend if u could do it and nt get hungry really its very curing in so many ways , once I had a stomach ache for 3 days straight and I fasted one day and went for a long walk and voila

16/10/13
    The weather gods are cruel. It's absolutely pouring down with rain, and I'm about to go and queue outside in it for an hour soon (which also means I need to hurry the hell up - this thread ain't got the word "procrastination" in for nothing)
    I know wat u mean bt luckily for me the rain saved me, there was no air when I went to sleep and the rain encourged some air to breeze through my window and I finally slept

Anyway, I'm mega craving some sorta food: chocolate, ice cream, rice and beef; even though I've just consumed the latter two...skin is looking less clear...can only mean one thing...pregnancy!

Nah, the opposite of pregnancy. My monthly friend. I can sense her making a guest appearance soon.
    GOD I also know wat u mean , sometimes I get the feeling like I want to eat everything and anything :d

Dessert: mango and berries with yoghurt
    Attachment 13859
    IN LOVE , I had to skip lunch so I could go to the gym so nw I WANT FOOD!!
    I really feel like some bloody ice cream. Ugh. I'm not sure if it's such a sin to get one tonight (if I can) because it'll be a cheapy one with tonnes of additives in from Burger King; I'm also finally starting to feel thinner. Conflict, aggghhh.
    Good job happy ur feeling thinner keep going, and if ur CRAVING it so much try to have a piece of fruit or frozen yogurt or both !!

Sent from my EK-GC100 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks : D to be honest, she can't not - if she were to outright disagree with the statement, she'd be saying that it's better to eat new, manmade foods. Which doesn't make sense.
    It really can be quite funny watching people argue themselves into a hole.

I got into an argument with a woman recently on how her weight loss shakes (not protein shakes, a meal replacement shake geared specifically towards weightloss) were a waste of money, probably deficient in nutrients and depriving her of the enjoyment of real food. When asked to elaborate, I called the drink a processed fast food.
    "It's not a fast food!" she scoffed, rolled her eyes and pretty much thought I was a moron.
    "How long did it take you to prepare it?"
    *Awkward pause*, "A couple seconds in the shaker"
    "So it's a fast food"
    "No, it's refined by scientists in a long process to ensure it has plenty of nutrients and vitamins and can be fit into part of a healthy lifestyle" (ie, diet) she said, snobbily and somewhat offended.
    "Oh. So it's processed"

Things kinda degraded from there. But it's fun arguing

Sure, eating whole foods will make you healthy, but it isn't a outright miracle. Some tweaking may need to be done here and there: eg, less carbs, less fat, carb cycling, whatever. this doesn't mean this food is unhealthy, you just have to find what's right for you. That's what I don't think she likes. If i were to cut down on, say, carbs, to finish it off, she'd have a hard time believing a high-fat diet was good. Maybe not in the long run. Just ideal at that moment in time.
    I kinda get what you mean. I don't worry to much about high/low anything or any kind of cycling - we're not competetive bodybuilders, here, and the only people who judge us on our physique (to a degree where carb cycling is necessary) are not worth dealing with.

I don't believe there is a thing as an unhealthy food. Period. In moderation, nothing, if in the context of a well micro/macronutrient based diet is bad for you. Even if it has that 1g of trans fat. Will it kill you? Um, there are other people consuming tons of the stuff daily, what's 1-3g of it a week going to do?

Maybe. I've never actually heard anyone say it, though. May start a trend. ; )
    DO IT!

That's what frightened me about liver. I thought heart looked nice (Adrian's pics showed the nomz) but liver...yeah. If I try it, I'll have something else with it at first. Ease myself in.
    I'd agree with doing that. It really is something that needs adjusting to. Maybe mix it in with some ground meat?

I love it : D favourite lift by far.

99%...I'd probably get the 1%, knowing me ;D nahh, my shyness is irrational: I've spoken to a lot of them (well, if you can count "you done with this bar?" as conversation) but that particular time...probably because I knew i'd have to slog it over to my station, haha.
    DEADLIFTS!

You'd be surprised how friendly gym people are. It really is an awesome place to connect.

Teacher, lawyer, cop, gamer, student, writer, scientist - whatever, you're all there for the same reason: you care about your body, want to be fit and strong and enjoy being active. Personal experience dictates you should get on great with people there

My mum only wants me to go to the gym to lift "light weights" and "do cardio". She thinks I'll get too bulky if I keep going - because I have "broad shoulders and a fair bit of muscle mass already, it'll look stupid if you keep moving up on the weights." She felt my shoulders, squirmed, and said "oooh, god, they're solid! I'm not sure if I like them!" :')

My dad said "you are supposed to be a woman, you know. You'll look like a bliddy bouncer soon enough."

I think...I'll take these as compliments. Means I've got decent shoulders.

Anyway, where did the conception that women shouldn't have muscle come from? Is it some sort of patriarchal technique to keep us enslaaaaaved?
    Shutting Down The Myth Of Heavy Lifting Making Women Bulky - YouTube
    Rant The Cultural Stigma Against Women Strength Training - YouTube

Make them watch these. This guy is awesome, extremely knowledgeable and informative. Show them other stuff about women who lift, too.

Also, point out... How could a girl - yes, the gender that does not have testosterone pumping out there ears - get bulky on accident lifting weights whilst skinny men are in the gym every day lifting with the intention of getting bulky and failing to do so?

Dinner: chilli and rice
    Mother of God.jpg

That looks so good... Would be amazing nacho chilli. I used to add kidney beans, too.

I really feel like some bloody ice cream. Ugh. I'm not sure if it's such a sin to get one tonight (if I can) because it'll be a cheapy one with tonnes of additives in from Burger King; I'm also finally starting to feel leaner. Conflict, aggghhh.
    Hopefully, fixed

You could just buy a big container of cheap yet relatively good quality ice cream and have 1-2 scoops a night. Do you have Tip Top over there?
    Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
    https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
    MFP Food Diary:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
    (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Adrian is offline Senior Member
    I see you use kerrygold butter too Here the weather also sucks.. It's getting much colder and raining all the time. For me most helpful thing when I'm craving is plain black coffee..
    Your chilli looks really amazing! I'll have to make one soon
    80/20 rule - I think you Can have that ice cream

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk
    Hardgainer trying to gain - my primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread91644.html

Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by egyption grok View Post
    YA!! Have u read marks posts on fasting I totally recomend if u could do it and nt get hungry ;) really its very curing in so many ways , once I had a stomach ache for 3 days straight and I fasted one day and went for a long walk and voila :D
    Hmm, I may :D sometimes eating makes things worse!

I know wat u mean bt luckily for me the rain saved me, there was no air when I went to sleep and the rain encourged some air to breeze through my window and I finally slept :D
    Aw good haha :P

GOD I also know wat u mean , sometimes I get the feeling like I want to eat everything and anything :d
    Like, literally, the whole world! It's horrible :P

Though I did hear caloric requirements increase by about 25%? Someone falsify this? I'm not sure. It would make sense, I guess...and it's common to gain water weight around this time and lose it in the following days after.

IN LOVE , I had to skip lunch so I could go to the gym so nw I WANT FOOD!! :p

Good job happy ur feeling thinner keep going, and if ur CRAVING it so much try to have a piece of fruit or frozen yogurt or both !!
    Haha - bad idea to look at Adrian's or Shadowknight's journals when you're hungry ;)

Also, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowknight137 View Post
    It really can be quite funny watching people argue themselves into a hole.

I got into an argument with a woman recently on how her weight loss shakes (not protein shakes, a meal replacement shake geared specifically towards weightloss) were a waste of money, probably deficient in nutrients and depriving her of the enjoyment of real food. When asked to elaborate, I called the drink a processed fast food.
    "It's not a fast food!" she scoffed, rolled her eyes and pretty much thought I was a moron.
    "How long did it take you to prepare it?"
    *Awkward pause*, "A couple seconds in the shaker"
    "So it's a fast food"
    "No, it's refined by scientists in a long process to ensure it has plenty of nutrients and vitamins and can be fit into part of a healthy lifestyle" (ie, diet) she said, snobbily and somewhat offended.
    "Oh. So it's processed"

Things kinda degraded from there. But it's fun arguing :D
    Indeed.

I think some people realise that once they get past a certain point there's no turning back ;) they're either dead wrong, stubborn, or both :P

I kinda get what you mean. I don't worry to much about high/low anything or any kind of cycling - we're not competetive bodybuilders, here, and the only people who judge us on our physique (to a degree where carb cycling is necessary) are not worth dealing with.
    That's fair enough. Mind you, you have a great body anyway without needing to do any of these things. I think for some people, it may be the final brick in the wall; for them it's necessary to looking how they want. However, I agree, you should never judge someone based on their physique.

I don't believe there is a thing as an unhealthy food. Period. In moderation, nothing, if in the context of a well micro/macronutrient based diet is bad for you. Even if it has that 1g of trans fat. Will it kill you? Um, there are other people consuming tons of the stuff daily, what's 1-3g of it a week going to do?
    Agreed. Hell, I think transfat is the anti-christ (SLIGHT hyperbole there) but I won't die if I had some. I try my best to avoid it obviously.

DO IT! :D
    I'd agree with doing that. It really is something that needs adjusting to. Maybe mix it in with some ground meat?
    Soon. I'm scayuuud!

DEADLIFTS! :D

You'd be surprised how friendly gym people are. It really is an awesome place to connect.

Teacher, lawyer, cop, gamer, student, writer, scientist - whatever, you're all there for the same reason: you care about your body, want to be fit and strong and enjoy being active. Personal experience dictates you should get on great with people there :)
    As long as you have a mutual passion and the same sort of mindset (in this case being health) you can be friends with just about anyone right?

Shutting Down The Myth Of Heavy Lifting Making Women Bulky - YouTube
    Rant The Cultural Stigma Against Women Strength Training - YouTube

Make them watch these. This guy is awesome, extremely knowledgeable and informative. Show them other stuff about women who lift, too.

Also, point out... How could a girl - yes, the gender that does not have testosterone pumping out there ears - get bulky on accident lifting weights whilst skinny men are in the gym every day lifting with the intention of getting bulky and [B]failing to do so?
    Cheers. I'll watch the videos later, and if any further comments are made, I'll get them to watch it. I also said about how some men having a hard time putting it on: but the thing is, I have a pretty easy time putting it on. My body likes to maintain its tan and its muscles :P

That looks so good... Would be amazing nacho chilli. I used to add kidney beans, too.

Hopefully, fixed :p

You could just buy a big container of cheap yet relatively good quality ice cream and have 1-2 scoops a night. Do you have Tip Top over there?
    I LOVE kidney beans.

Yes! Typo of habit. Sorry :P

Also, we have pretty good quality ice cream round here. From the cooos doon in Cornwall. I was just on about getting it while I was queuing for the concert. It didn't happen, though, so it's good :P

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    I see you use kerrygold butter too :) Here the weather also sucks.. It's getting much colder and raining all the time. For me most helpful thing when I'm craving is plain black coffee.. ;)
    Your chilli looks really amazing! I'll have to make one soon ;)
    80/20 rule - I think you Can have that ice cream ;)
    Kerrygold is the best :) in the UK we have other grassfed brands, too, but I've never really tried them; besides, KG is delicious and accessible

I think rich things help with cravings - dark chocolate, coffee, raw cacao, that sorta stuff. Coffee and chocolate help me too ;)

Thanks! Add in kidney beans, they're delicious :)

Heh, 80/20 rule is good stuff. Didn't implement it last night, though, as I didn't have the ice cream after all :P
    I'm not an emo, I swear

17/10/13

It's very habitual, the way I start my journal entries: always with the date underlined, even though it says the date at the top of the entry. I dunno, it always helps me start off. When i don't know what to write on my essays, I force a few lines out and then the proverbial wordvomiting proceeds.

I've also just noticed that I've been writing the wrong date all day. Ah well.

Today about 75% of my teachers were off because of the strike, so I only had three lessons today. The rest of the day was spent in private study, where I listened to the same song over and over again: Porcupine Tree - Arriving Somewhere But Not Here - YouTube and revised for my law test tomorrow. it's on marriage and divorce, and we have to learn all the acts and laws (obvs) and stuff. I can easily remember Valier v Valier, cos I found that kinda amusing. Marriage Act 1949; Marriage Act 1994; Matrimonial Causes Act 1983; Family something or other...hmm, better do some more revision. I know the process of marriage and divorce; the exact definitions are harder to remember.

i also had an RE test on "matters of life and death". I always get Bs in RE because I "don't answer the question properly" :') hopefully i've done better this time. I don't like RE so I don't revise for it; I just throw mine, and others opinion's everywhere with some Bible quotes and hope for the best: the best being a B, but I'm not bothered. I once got an A, y'know. Maybe this time I'll get an A.

I was going to go to the gym tonight but I'm really tired off the gig (which was excellent! they played 31 songs and I got thrown around loads and asked to dance by some woman. So fun. Last time I went some 25 year old offered to buy me a drink. I was 13. I did decline) which was 3 hours long; and my 6 hour sleep. I can run on less than 8 hours but I'm not so efficient :/ so I'm going tomorrow and Sunday

Food
    Breakfast: Omelette + pear. I bloody love pears! 2 cups of coffee too.
    20131012_125227.jpg

Lunch: salmon and avocado salad + an apple
    salad.jpg

Snack: like 20g 50% chocolate (don't have the heart to call it "dark) which had a fair bit o'sugar unfortunately :/ i can't remember how much...maybe...10g? Hm, that doesn't sound a lot. maybe I saw 20% - which is 20% of my daily intake in sugar. Idk...mind you, i didn't eat the full bar. and a nectarine. and like 3 cups of coffee.

Dinner: venison steak with sweet potato and veg. Doesn't look the best, but was pretty good.
    download.jpg

And dessert: mango and berries with yogurt. I should mix the yoghurt in so the picture looks a little, eh, better...what can I say, my food isn't aesthetically pleasing
    froot.jpg

I also had 20g 85% chocolate. Proper dark init.

Thinking of the gig...Bowling For Soup, who are American, got some guy up on stage who looked exactly like the guitarist. It was so uncanny; i was standing next to him and I was about to ask him why he was in the crowd, then I realised. Anyway, it wasn't only me who had this epiphany: the singer noticed, and got the guy up on stage to get his photo next to Chris (guitarist) the dude looked like he was gonna faint, bless him.

Where is this story going? Well, the short conversation between the doppelganger and the singer:
    "So, dude, what's your name?"
    "Peeetahh."
    "...Peter."

Basically, my accent probably butchers the English language; it also makes anyone and everyone who speaks with it sound thick.

Geordies, eh.
    I'm not an emo, I swear

Adrian is offline Senior Member
    Today about 75% of my teachers were off because of the strike, so I only had three lessons today.
    I envy you so much... MOAR STRIKES IN POLAND PLEASE!!!

I hope you'll do fine in ur Laws test. Wait... I can smell another A for you! ; 3 I love ur omelettes, mine were always destroyed on their road on the plate so I stopped doing them.. I eat mainly hb eggs ; 3

Big applause for the dessert! Fruit + dairy = big explosion of amazing taste in mouth. True Story : 3
    Hardgainer trying to gain - my primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread91644.html

I envy you so much... MOAR STRIKES IN POLAND PLEASE!!!
    Haha! That would mean wishing worse rights upon your poor teachers ;D

I hope you'll do fine in ur Laws test. Wait... I can smell another A for you! ; 3 I love ur omelettes, mine were always destroyed on their road on the plate so I stopped doing them.. I eat mainly hb eggs ; 3
    Thanks!

As for the omelette...maybe you weren't using enough cooking fat? Here's how I make mine:
    - beat 3 eggs
    - melt 15g butter in pan
    - add egg mixture
    - leave to cook for 3-4 minutes (until thick and spongy) and make sure the mixture doesn't stick; gently lift up with spatula occasionally
    - add filling
    - gently fold over, press down, and leave for abut 30 seconds
    - slide on plate :P

Also, HB are amazing I like the yolks the same way too - fluffy

Big applause for the dessert! Fruit + dairy = big explosion of amazing taste in mouth. True Story : 3
    Indeed! The best desserts are made with fruit and dairy, imo. Ice cream with fruit; cc and fruit; baked fruit and cream/ice cream; yoghurt...mmm...add some dark chocolate and/or nuts and it's basically perfect :3
    I'm not an emo, I swear

GOOD LUCK ON UR LAW EXAM!! , bt then again I guess u dnt need it
    And let me tell u , im soooo jealous that ur taller than me ....like hey ur even younger than me

And ur meals look amazing , really and again im craving DC!!
    I dnt like to take lunch with me though bec when I have food I get hungry for it so I tend to buy from the plaza next to school
    And btw wat is thay white ontop of the omelet, is that SALT?!?!?

Last edited by egyption grok; 10-17-2013 at 06:47 PM.

GOOD LUCK ON UR LAW EXAM!! , bt then again I guess u dnt need it
    And let me tell u , im soooo jealous that ur taller than me ....like hey ur even younger than me

And ur meals look amazing , really and again im craving DC!!
    I dnt like to take lunch with me though bec when I have food I get hungry for it so I tend to buy from the plaza next to school
    And btw wat is thay white ontop of the omelet, is that SALT?!?!?

Haha thank you! I think it went ok, but we'll see :3

Aww, you'll grow soon!..maybe

Also, cheers :3 wish I could say I made them all but nahh...I'm not allowed -.-

The white is cheese, not salt! That would be a little excessive :-p

Sent from my HTC One mini using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    I'm not an emo, I swear

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Why r u nt allowed to cook, r they like afraid ull burn down the house or somethin bc once I almost did , bt then in my defense it was before primal and I was making french fries for some reason ?

and ya I know I was ganna freak out if that was salt , actually I would have had a heart attack right then !!