Thread: Questions about 3 supplements page

MsSmith is offline Senior Member

Questions about 3 supplements

Primal Fuel
    Hi. This is my second post. I just started the paleo diet on Aug. 24. The only dairy I consume is maybe a cup of organic lowfat skim milk once or twice a week, so I can't really say that I am on the primal diet. My child is gluten and casein intolerant (causes 66% increase in seizures), so there is not a lot of dairy around. Our household is as certified organic and pasture raised, grass fed as possible. We do use Ghee organic clarified butter as well as EVOO and coconut oil. I am coming around to the notion of using lard for frying pork chops and cubed steak...

My questions are about garcinia cambogia, green coffee bean extract, and A. reuteri probiotics.

I like what I have read about GC and GCBE re: fat burning and I like that A. reuteri lowers cholesterol. I am being re-educated about fat and cholesterol by you guys!

So, what do you think about these 3 supplements. I would really really appreciate your input. I still have a bloated belly and high cholesterol (runs in the family). At this point I am still opposed to taking rx statins.

I apologize if these questions have been asked previously. I did do a search before I posted. Thanks.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    1. Never heard of it
    2. All but worthless
    3. Probiotics are fine, but low cholesterol isn't necessarily a worthwhile goal.
    4. DEFINITELY stay off statins, unless you have familial hypercholesterolaemia, in which case, do a ton of research before taking statins

Of course, these are the opinions of some dude on the internet, and interpreting them as medical advice would be just plain stupid.

You've never heard of it, but think it's useless? OK...
    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
    CW: 158 GW: 130 CBF%: 24.38
    48 - 5'7.5"

"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

"Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MsSmith View Post
    You've never heard of it, but think it's useless? OK...
    Never heard of #1, think #2 is worthless. Hence the numbering...

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Never heard of #1, think #2 is worthless. Hence the numbering...

Ohhhh. That makes sense. Thanks!
    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
    CW: 158 GW: 130 CBF%: 24.38
    48 - 5'7.5"

"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

"Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The studies on the green coffee bean extract has shown it's no more effective than a placebo. It's popular because Dr. Oz, fraud that he is, jumped on the bandwagon and made it an overnight sensation. But it doesn't work.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012