Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4 weeks rest page

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member

4 weeks rest

Shop Now
    This is the shittiest garbage I've had to deal with in a long time; a qualified friend of mine advised that my rib is probably not cracked, but the (some kinda latin) lil muscle between my ribs is probably torn. He counselled a month without lifting It has been just about a week now, and I feel fat, formless, jiggly, slow, useless, depressive, and weak. How do you guys cope with injury gym absence?
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    intercostal muscle?

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    Seriously, if this is how you feel after just a few days away from the gym you are seriously addicted!!! It's not good to feel so bad after a couple of days not doing anything...

I'm naturally lazy so I have no issues with staying away from the gym... though I feel guilty for not doing enough cardio this week...

My advise, enjoy your rest for a while, take the time to reflect and refine your schedule. Maybe you can find ways to optimize it or throw it around to make it more fun for when you are ready to start working out again,...

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Have sex more often for a good testosterone boost.

eh now that I am over 30 I try and keep it to 2 times a day. If we venture beyond that now, we have to waste a day recovering because our genitals get all mutilated and puffy
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    intercostal muscle?
    that's probably what he said. I kinda tuned out all of the details except the rest part.

He did say that after the first week, which is when I can make the tear worse, that the issue is just pain, and if I take it easy that I can still work out after a week.

So, I am going to get back in there on Friday. Fuck this.

keithpowers is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    eh now that I am over 30 I try and keep it to 2 times a day. If we venture beyond that now, we have to waste a day recovering because our genitals get all mutilated and puffy
    PFFFFFFFFFFT. On a good weekend (or hell, weekday, if I'm feeling particularly froggy) sex two times is a warm-up.
    Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
    Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
    Current weight: 210.8 lbs
    Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
    ChooseMyPlate

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    I take a deload week every 6 weeks or so. If you're lifting hard in between deloads, the rest can only do you good. Don't worry, you'll come back stronger.

my callouses are fading and it is like, diminishing my sense of my manhood or something

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    I seriously f*cked up my knee for three weeks out of the summer.

I absolutely almost DIED not being able to work out or even freaking WALK.

But yanno what I learned?

That I didn't have to do HALF OF THE SHIT I was doing to "keep myself in shape".

When Purgatory was over, I was amazed at actually HOW LITTLE I had to do to keep
    my bad ass self, Bad Ass.

Do I feel like a sloth not killing myself at the gym or exercising for 50hrs a day, yes, sorta,
    but am I glad that I found OUT that I don't have to continue to keep doing that to see "results"
    F-YES.

Best thing that ever happened to me.

So much so, that I actually QUIT the gym, and haven't looked back.

I know that things are probably different for a dude, and yanno, getting ripped and all,
    but at least trrrry and enjoy your time off, at least you have a legit reason for doing it, and
    you're not just being a pansy ass lazy fool or something.

Anyway, good luck, and I hope that rib heals up right quick.

Julia

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast