Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4 weeks rest page 2

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I took 20 days off lifting (unintentional) whilst jacked on caffeine and cortisol and came back bench-pressing 10kg more on the first day than before.
    Just eat well, you'll live.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    my callouses are fading and it is like, diminishing my sense of my manhood or something
    From my dad's (guitarist), my fiance's and my own experience: calluses grow back faster once you've already had them. Yes, they'll crack and peel off and you'll feel gay for 4 weeks. But take solace in the thought that when you re-start they'll come back in a week.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I'd apologize, but...

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    which begs the question...which of us is spelling it wrong...?

Thanks though, that is awesome. In the meantime though, still
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Thanks though, that is awesome. In the meantime though, still
    Callous: a person who's cold, insensitive, harsh. Callus: tough skin from repeat abrasion.

Try getting into woodwork. You can build a few new calluses, get some saw-scars and feel manly by making something cool and functional and learning a trade.
    --

--
    I'd apologize, but...

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Which raises the question: Do you know that's not what "begs the question" actually means? I didn't until recently.
    Begging the question - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    personally, i'd make sure to take a good long walk every day (at least an hour) and maybe even try riding a bike. you need to let the tear heal or it will nag you forever, so don't try anything crazy, anything with twisting, or anything with your arms over your head. maybe even dial down the calorie intake slightly until you resume the lifting.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

diene is offline Senior Member
    Can't you just do some lower body stuff for a while?

nah it's low on my left side- if I raise my knee above a 90 degree bend in my knee, it stresses and hurts it. If I put anything on my shoulders for any kind of squat, also painful. It's really an inconvenient snag. I will be back at the gym tomorrow though with the wife- she signed up this week and we are building her a better a butt.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

keithpowers is offline Senior Member
    Hey, I feel your pain: I'm about 3-1/2 weeks into physical therapy for a shoulder impingement (supraspinatus muscle, in this case). Haven't been able to lift at ALL since I started treatment. Allegedly, I'm going to get released after next Thursday if I show sufficient improvement.
    Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
    Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
    Current weight: 210.8 lbs
    Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
    ChooseMyPlate

PrimalCon New York

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast