Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CoolFatBurner page

otzi Guest

CoolFatBurner

Primal Fuel
    I have one of these and always wondered if it really worked...well, now we have proof! The inventor, Eric, spent a ton of his own money to get a calorimeter test done while wearing his vests. Pretty impressive results (3X calorie burn). Anyway--you saw it here first, folks!

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    So do you have one yet? What is the advantage of the torso wrap. I understand the yoke design of the coolfatburner is focused on the concentration of BAT around neck/shoulders. Is the wrap around thing more about general cooling?

otzi Guest
    I have two actually, an older one and a newer design. Both work great. I wear them while hill climbing on my treadmill. You can really feel your muscles tighten as you fight off the shivers. I figure if I do 45 minutes on the treadmill wearing my CFB it's the same burn as 1.5 hours without it. Any little advantage, right? Plus, if it is actually building BAT that's a huge bonus.

The wrap-around seems to be a new design called a 'Gut Buster', not sure what it's all about, but I can imagine it would provide even greater cooling of the torso than the shoulder type.

I'll try to get in touch with Eric at his site, maybe he can jump in and tell us about it...
    Last edited by otzi; 09-24-2013 at 04:53 PM.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I still have super slow fast internet, so I couldn't watch it but thanks for posting. I want to watch it as soon as our fiber optic gets here!
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

JulieRUNS is offline Senior Member
    HEY ~ I didn't even watch the whole thing but ...WHERE DO I SIGN???

Zach is offline Banned
    Just another gimmick. Even if it did burn a couple hundred extra calories a day, wyou would have to continue doing it forever to keep the fat off. This is just like crash dieting.

Better to find a sustainable diet, get lean and stay lean.
    Last edited by Zach; 09-26-2013 at 01:06 PM.

otzi Guest
    Hey, Zach - I agree, it is a gimmick, but one backed by some pretty strong evidence that mild cold will stimulate growth of BAT alongside upping the metabolism and some other things like insulin sensitivity. I was impressed that 'Eric the Inventor' did the whole UC calorimeter experiment and thought you all might like to see it. I would love to have access to a calorimeter for a few days to try a couple things out, I'm just not willing to spend any money on doing it.

Not sure what, if anything, could be done to elevate gimmicks like the CoolFatBurner and cold water tanks from novelty to must-have, but I don't think the video was a fake and I think Eric believes in his product as a way to get lean faster. The guy looks in pretty good shape and doesn't eat paleo.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Just another gimmick. Even if it did burn a couple hundred extra calories a day, wyou would have to continue doing it forever to keep the fat off. This is just like crash dieting.

Better to find a sustainable diet, get lean and stay lean.
    You know, that was my mother's argument against exercise: You'll have to do it forever to keep the fat off. Because of that, I wasted years of my life not exercising. It turns out that I love working out and have no problem doing it forever.

ETA: I haven't watched the video, but if it really helps you burn a couple hundred cals a day, I'm all for it.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Watching the video now. My only concern is: how do you know that your body won't adapt after a while and pack on extra fat to deal with the cold?

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That is why people who live in very northern climates usually are not low bodyfat. Your body does adjust by adding in insulation.

People need to get away from the mindset that metabolism = cranking up calorie burn by any means nesseccary. It doesnt work like that and usually ends up with a negative outcome.

Otzi, i agree it was a cool video and his experiments are interesting. I just dont see the use in it. Cold exposure can be a good thing but inducing shivering for a long time does not seem realistic or at all pleasent.
    Last edited by Zach; 09-26-2013 at 02:52 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast