Thread: Primal Resources in South Florida page

Aliayzar is offline Member

Primal Resources in South Florida

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi everyone. We seem to be so disconnected to each other down here in South Florida, mainly because of how far everyone and everything is, so I thought I would try to provide some connection by starting a list of of resources down here for those of us living the Primal/Paleo lifestyle. Please feel free to add.

Farmers Markets:
    -West Boca Mega Greenmarket (Sunday 8:30am-2pm): 20101 Lyons Rd Boca Raton, FL 33434

-Village of Gulfstream Farmers Market (Saturday 8:30am-3pm): 901 S. Federal Hwy Hallandale, Fl

-Josh's Organic Garden (Sunday): 101 N Ocean Dr Hollywood, FL 33019

-Marando Farms:1401 SW 1st Ave Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315

Organic, Pastured or Grassfed Meat:

-Deleware Chicken Farm: 4191 Florida 7 Hollywood, FL 33021

-Scooby's Organic Farm: 2230 SW 139 Ave Davie, FL 33325

-Florida Fresh Meat Company: can be found at Marando Farms and West Boca Greenmarket

Bakeries & Restaurants:

-Healthnut on Wheels Foodtruck: Amazing yummy 100% Primal meals and sometimes you get antelope! Usually at Hollywood ArtsPark at Young Circle Mondays 5:30pm-10pm

-Airship Baking Co.: Amazing 100% Paleo bakery they deliver and can be found at Gulfstream on Saturdays and West Boca Greenmarket on Sunday and they do cakes!

So anyone else what is your best Paleo/Primal resources in south Florida?

leighlu is online now Member
    Thanks so much. I live a little further north and want to mention Kai Kai farms in Indiantown. Although not certified organic, which I am told is very difficult, she grows everything without pesticide. She is a CSA and is very reasonable in price.

Wieters is offline Junior Member
    The Glaser Farms stand at the Coconut Grove Organics Farmers Market in Miami is the best farmers market in the area, bar none.

Their produce is as good as Josh's (who more or less sets the standard), but they also have tons of exoticisms, namely in the form of superfoods.

They cater to the raw/vegan community, but there's no reason their stuff can't appeal to any of 'us.'

Open Saturdays only; yelp them.

DanaLeighLyons is offline Junior Member
    This isn't a "where-to-get-good-food" resource, but a resource nonetheless (and totally self-promoting, so sorry for that in advance).

I'm a Doctor of Oriental Medicine - AP, LAc in Lake Worth/Palm Beach and integrate primal principles into my medical practice (which includes Customized Eating Planning, herbal therapy & acupuncture, among other modalities). I work out of our own clinic on 10th Ave N (just off the 95) as well as other facilities in Palm Beach Co. and by long-distance consult. We're having an event that features primal principles (and a lot of Jonathan Bailor's work) on March 8.

Our website, with more info, is here: Alchemist Clinic And you can also check out my profile page on this forum. In All Good Food & Medicine, Dana