Thread: Yoga page

Richardmac is offline Senior Member

Yoga

Primal Fuel
    Il currently using body by science and loving it, but want to throw in some yoga with the intention of using it more in the future.

Has anyone tried power yoga? With the added length of position holds It seems to be like isometric static hold training. This is great for strength training.

Check.out this routine if you've considered using it:

http://www.wholeliving.com/135889/po...721/yoga#65093

Short and simple, but anything but easy.

Richard

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Alexis47 is offline Member
    Power yoga is pretty great. It's what I was doing pre-primal, and that was enough to get my top layer of abs visible. Sometimes I would do an hour and a half in the early morning. I would keep doing yoga, but my schedule is crap and I prefer lifting anyway.

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I agree about the lifting. I am currently using body by science and after years of pounding heavy iron multiple times a week this is a breath of fresh air.

I not only follow paleo, but also blood type diet (its essentially being a stricter paleo'er). For my blood type it recommended cycling which I was doing already but have increased in short intense boughts. This has worked really well to build muscle. Ir also recommends yoga for me, so I thought id look into it.

The link I posted only has 8 movements but are intense. Having used isometric strength training in the past I can see similarities and know the results that can be had.

Richard

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.