Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Who did your parents teach you to hate? page 14

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    It's not racism, fool. If anything, you, and the others here are more racist for not being able to accept the fact people are different, and are not willing to embrace that fact through many diverse populations. No, you have to have a view indoctrinated in you to spread your genes far and wide and to make everyone exactly the same.

If you believe you're so enlightened and intelligent simply because you're a far left hippie -- go ahead and refute many of the gene posts in this thread. Try to tell me everyone is exactly the same and it's racist to accept these differences. Circular logic makes no sense.
    Derp, you're the man with the hammer who's seeing nails everywhere. Who here said that "we have to interbreed"? Myself and J3nn are simply saying it's stupid to have rules one way or the other.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Derp is a guy...? Is he gay?

Didn't derp say, "I can only be attracted to super-nordic white men?"
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    I am not a racist, I simply have pride in my heritage. Why is it ok for there to be gay pride, black pride, mexican pride, but when a straight white person does it, it's racist or bigotry by default?
    Because of WW2.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    No, but that doesn't mean I'll do yours either.
    My mom's Jewish originated from Syria, she wouldn't do you as well, you being christian and all.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    haha oh boy
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    In an attempt to get this thread back on track, I'll throw in my list.

My parents did not teach me to hate anyone per se but they did force me to go to church, a very fundamentalist Baptist church in Texas.

Now keep in mind that this was during the 60s so the message in current churches, while maybe the same, is not so blatant.

The preacher spoke out against the following:

• Hippies (60s, right?)
    • Mixed marriages
    • Drug users
    • Hippies (he really didn't like hippies)
    • Other religions, various flavors of Christian churches or non-Christian
    • Democrats
    • Atheist
    • Gays (no surprise there)
    • Hippies (He really, really, really hated hippies)
    • Any male with long hair (over the ears, touching the collar, etc)

Now I did not grow up hating any of these groups but the message was there, loud and clear.

After I grew older (teenager), I refused to go to church and my parents eventually stopped going themselves.

That being said, my parents also welcomed people of other races and nationalities into our homes and employed them at our company. That doesn't sound like much now but during this time period, and being in a small city in Texas, it was a bit against the norm.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

Rusty is offline Senior Member
    How quick some folks are to throw out insults if someone disagrees with the PC norm. derp is allowed to feel as he/she wants in choosing a breeding partner.
    I would also point out that a majority of those on this site are more likely to be in a relationship with someone of their own race, no matter how "progressive" you are.
    You may "think" you are forward thinking, but when living in a glass house, you may not want to throw rocks...

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    Derp is a guy...? Is he gay?

Didn't derp say, "I can only be attracted to super-nordic white men?"
    That was yoga I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    I don't see anything wrong with anyone's opinion on dating his/her own race. I personally do not date Asian guys as a general rule myself though and I am not racist against Asian people.

However when someone cites pseudo science to support a point I get a bit worried....

There is a great deal of genetic variety across human beings but we have the ability to produce a healthy child when mating with any human being of any race so by scientific definition we are the"same species." Technically someone should propagate as many versions of offsprings as possible (mate with all the races) so there is a higher chance of his/her genes being passed down.

Would I do that in practice? No. Too many cultural clashes for me to date certain people from certain backgrounds.

I am not mating and making babies so I don't care about genetic mixing or not mixing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    That was yoga I think. ]
    NOOOOO! It was Derp, and then Perfidy thought it was me! THis is how rumours start...

Saying that, me and my bf are both tall, blond, and fair.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast