Thread: Kerala Beef Fry page

TanyaV is offline Senior Member

Kerala Beef Fry

Primal Fuel
    This dish comes from the southern Indian state of Kerala. The meat was so tender and flavorful! We ended up eating into our leftovers, it was that good. Please try it and let me know what you think

Family Chow 9/2/13 - Also Kerala Beef Fry Recipe | FEED THE CLAN
    www.feedtheclan.com

Check out my blog to see how a family of four eats real, whole foods on $85/week

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    That looks lovely!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    Got the meat marinating in the fridge right now. I'll let you know how it turns out. I love Indian-type spices.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry H View Post
    Got the meat marinating in the fridge right now. I'll let you know how it turns out. I love Indian-type spices.
    Hey there, just curious how this turned out for you?
    www.feedtheclan.com

Check out my blog to see how a family of four eats real, whole foods on $85/week

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    Turned out well Tanya. I threw in some jalapenos and used hot curry powder, too. I like it spicy-hot and then "cutting" it with sour creme. I served it over cauli rice. My wife isn't known for enjoying spicy foods, but with the addition of sour creme she handles it well enough to enjoy it. Another keeper (your recipe, that is). I'm looking forward to preparing some other ones on your blog such as paleo gyros and primal naan not to mention the "star anise" recipe. You have a lovely blog well worth perusing. Lovely family BTW. Do they know how blessed they are?

O yea, next time I will let the meat marinate a bit longer.
    Addendum:
    I, with my wife and my firstborn (son), were on a coal-fired steam engine train in the tea-growing region of So. India. We were somewhat a novelty bec.many of the folks evidently never had seen a white baby. I was kind of digging it because we were really amongst the people and everyone wanted to touch Stefan and were curious yet friendly. No one cd. speak English (I've been accused of this), but it was a nice atmosphere notwithstanding the conditions-2nd class had no a/c and in tunnels the sulfur smoke tended to back up and into the cars" open windows.Third class had chickens....At a stop a couple boarded and sat across from us and they spoke excellent English and were from Kerala State. They invited us to visit them and discover India at its best (paraphrase) and were a delight. You'll have to pardon me but when seeing the word "Kerala" it brought back memories and of course got my attention. I wish we cd. have taken them up on their offer.
    Last edited by Terry H; 10-03-2013 at 08:05 PM. Reason: addition

Quote Originally Posted by Terry H View Post
    Turned out well Tanya. I threw in some jalapenos and used hot curry powder, too. I like it spicy-hot and then "cutting" it with sour creme. I served it over cauli rice. My wife isn't known for enjoying spicy foods, but with the addition of sour creme she handles it well enough to enjoy it. Another keeper (your recipe, that is). I'm looking forward to preparing some other ones on your blog such as paleo gyros and primal naan not to mention the "star anise" recipe. You have a lovely blog well worth perusing. Lovely family BTW. Do they know how blessed they are?

O yea, next time I will let the meat marinate a bit longer.
    Addendum:
    I, with my wife and my firstborn (son), were on a coal-fired steam engine train in the tea-growing region of So. India. We were somewhat a novelty bec.many of the folks evidently never had seen a white baby. I was kind of digging it because we were really amongst the people and everyone wanted to touch Stefan and were curious yet friendly. No one cd. speak English (I've been accused of this), but it was a nice atmosphere notwithstanding the conditions-2nd class had no a/c and in tunnels the sulfur smoke tended to back up and into the cars" open windows.Third class had chickens....At a stop a couple boarded and sat across from us and they spoke excellent English and were from Kerala State. They invited us to visit them and discover India at its best (paraphrase) and were a delight. You'll have to pardon me but when seeing the word "Kerala" it brought back memories and of course got my attention. I wish we cd. have taken them up on their offer.
    What a cool story! That is my kind of travel Thank you for your kind words and I'm thrilled that you enjoyed my recipe.
    www.feedtheclan.com