Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Been asleep for to long...Hyphenation is over page

Manda63 is offline Senior Member

Thumbs up Been asleep for to long...Hyphenation is over

So here I am up and feeling OK, I am going for a hike before I change my mind and crawl back into bed. I will write my story when I get back in a few hours
    Last edited by Manda63; 09-23-2013 at 01:58 PM.

I am so happy I went hiking for 2h, I was slow but I did it

So my story is like most story's full of sad things that maybe should be left in the past. Time to write a new chapter in this old book of mine. I will just say the last 15 years have been very hard and sad, I fell into a big dark place for 3 years and that's when I started to feed my depression with food. I never enjoyed the junk I was eating, but I just kept eating it. I was doing IVF for 10 years and lost 4 babies, I went from a very fit lady 58kg to a fat 95kg depressed sad looking women. I have been really trying to get back on track with myself, but just keep falling down. Today I woke up feeling stronger and had a good talk with myself. I want to live my life as long as I can, I love this planet and still have so much to do. So my new chapter begins today and I have no excuse what so ever. Depression is very hard for some people to understand, my partner never understood and could not be there for me. I want myself back, I need myself back

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    oh boy do I know what bad depression is like, welcome home. C'mon in, settle down and lets get ya started.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

I am very lucky as I grow all my own fruit and veg, I always have done. I have chickens so I have eggs, I have always eaten very healthy. I don't do low fat junk, I live in Italy so I have my own olive oil and red wine that I make every October. My life is perfect to some, but when you are not happy and depressed nothing matters. I don't eat red meat or very much fish, I get by on chicken and turkey. Cheese is a big love of mine, but I will cut back to start me on the right track. I will only have 2 coffee in the morning with full fresh cream, Italian coffee is the best I use sweeteners but was reading I can have honey, must go back and read again make sure I got that right.

Hi warmbear, what a nice name. Can you tell me what SW CW GW I am guessing start something goal.

WOW love the utlikilt...www.paleoplanet.net not opening

Female 5' 6"
    SW 202lbs
    CW 202lbs
    GW 140lbs
    Last edited by Manda63; 09-24-2013 at 03:06 AM.

So yesterday was a good a day, I feel tired today but I am up and going for another hike soon. Going now to make my eggs and have some tea. I know if I can get over the first 5 days I will be OK, its just getting all that sugar out of my body. I have been looking at the C25K programme and think I will give it a go Couch to 5k - C25K Running Program it will really help me get back out there.

I see you figured out sw cw gw. Have you read the book or at least the start here info? The primal blueprint is a good way to get up to speed on how we do what we do.

other references are:

Home Robb Wolf is one of the best references out there, he has a great podcast and loads of good information. he is a bit cranky sometimes but fun to listen to. Very sciency if you like the indepth explanations.

Everyday Paleo | Paleo Recipes and Lifestyle by Sarah Fragoso Is also a great resource, they have a good podcast and I like how Jason Seib approaches the paleo diet and weight loss for women.

GNOLLS.ORG - Home of J. Stanton and The Gnoll Credo is good if you like very science heavy explanations of things from another perspective. I really enjoy his writing style.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I would have some reservations about suggesting you do the couch to running 5k thing. Paleo is generally not about lots of cardio work. If you wanted to do the walking 5 k version then fine but our mantra is walk every day, lift heavy 3 or 4 times a week and sprint a few times a week. Running is a huge stress on the body and the hormones and if you are 60 lbs overweight you allready have enough stress messing up your system.

Work on cleaning up your food for the next month while you learn how to eat paleo. Clean up your sleep and make sure you get 8 hours everyday in a dark room. Walk a lot which you seem to like anyways. For now this is enough.

Read everything you can and find out what foods work best and hurt the most for you.

Spend the next 30 to 60 days with no dairy, grains or beans. Then reintroduce dairy for 10 days and see what happens, then re introduce beans for 10 days and see what happens. Then repeat with grains and see. This way you find out if any of them are an issue. If you can handle dairy, have some, if you like beans and they dont make you sick, you can have some. we really dont recommend most grains but white rice or quinoa are generally ok if they dont make you react.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast