Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are your favorite 15 minute recipes? page

glowbabyglow is offline Junior Member

Smile What are your favorite 15 minute recipes?

Shop Now
    Hi guys. I'm a brand new baby grok just starting the journey. In fact, this is my very first post and my very first day of primal. I wanted to know some of your favorite 15 minute-and-under recipes for any meal of the day. I have a couple of Mark's books but I've been reading the forums and I know some of you in here get super creative.

Breakfast for me this morning literally came from Mark's breakfast on the go post. 2 hardboiled eggs, small handful of nuts, and about a cup of berries with 2oz heavy cream. A little water with lime on the side and voila. It was surprisingly good too. I made sure it had about 600 cals because lunch is always a hassle to me so I'll IF through dinner and go with some tasty shrimp and cauliflower rice.

So post away! Just go easy on me. I'm still used to those ugly packaged foods and easing my way into some of the "exotic" things I've seen people post about lol. Thanks for the suggestions

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    A super fast meal when you don't want to be fancy: sautée meat of choice w/ fat of choice in a pan. Sautée some veg or microwave them (unless you're adverse to that way of cooking) while that's going. Nuke a sweet potato that you've stabbed all over for 2.5 min, flip it over, give it another 2.5. I add 30 sec intervals if it's a large one after that as it may not quite cook the middle. Voila. A dinner. Add fat to the sweet potato, salt to the veggies, and you're done.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

glowbabyglow is offline Junior Member
    That looks really tasty. I don't do fancy unless it's the weekend lol.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Most of my dinners are like that. Sometimes rice or regular potatoes. My husband will eat that, as I can't handle starches right now, and I'll have squash instead of the potato. Roasting squash takes longer (you can microwave it, but I haven't experimented with that much), but you don't have to do anything with it while it's in the oven. I do at least one more involved dinner per week, including fresh veggies.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    pancakes and salad are super fast.

pancakes: 4 eggs, 2tbsp of coconuts flour, vanilla extract to taste, 1 tsp baking powder, 3 tbsp of coconut milk. Salt or sweetner to taste. (I use honey) mixed them all up, use a bit of coconut oil to bake them.

Salad: all sorts of leafy greens, pre-cut carrots, small pieces of cucumber, you choice of meat (I use ham or chicken in small pieces), bit of good italian cheese, a handful of nuts en if you like it a hard boiled egg, mix it all up with some olive oil or a paleo salad dressing to your choice.

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    bacon and eggs - takes about 6 minutes (I nuke the bacon).
    Tuna fish salad on grain-free crackers - assuming I have a boiled egg in the fridge (and generally I do)
    Steak and baked potato - broiling the steak is about 10 minutes, potato takes 5-ish in the nuker.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Artemis67 is offline Senior Member
    I'll throw a ribeye steak under the broiler just long enough to warm it up.

At the same time, I steam a whole head of broccoli in the microwave. (Set it stem end down in a bowl big enough to contain it, add 1/4c of water, cover in plastic wrap. Nuke for 3-1/2 minutes. Take it out and cut it apart to serve--this keeps the florets from getting water-logged, and thus better able to hold butter.)

And while the steak's warming and the broccoli's nuking, I sautee mushrooms (with shallots) in an obscene amount of butter.

For a huge dinner, it goes together quickly and clean-up's not too bad.

When I'm really lazy, in lieu of either a salad or sandwich, I make a Pepper Bomb. I cut the stem out of a bell pepper (any color) and stuff it with whatever deliciousness I'm in the mood for. Tuna, egg, or chicken salad; meat; cheese; avocado; hummus (on occasion); leftover roasted veg--pretty much anything you would have put in a sandwich or on a bed of greens will work. I've put in scrambled eggs and salsa, too. Today's was leftover London Broil with herbed goat cheese, thin-sliced red onion, and a slight drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vingar. Yeahhhh...

My favorite things about Pepper Bombs: they're great portable food that work great in a bagged lunch and eaten out of your hand, with no need for utensils; and one pepper gives you more than your RDA of Vitamin C.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Salads are great if you have meat cut up lying around (make large batches; buy canned chicken/fish for lazy days).

Soups and stews are great because you leave it in the slow cooker all day and go home to a great steaming bowl of soup.

Smoothies are a great breakfast food.

I like making egg salad with homemade mayo, steak, omelettes, grassfed hot dogs, curries, and etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Burgers. Top with just about anything. Aioli - make it while the burgers are cooking. Salsa or chopped tomatoes - throw in pan the last few minutes. Egg or egg yolk - gently place on top of burgers the last few minutes they have to cook.

Whole salmon. The first baking of it takes more than 15 minutes, but the leftovers are fast.

Scrambled eggs cooked with dry herbs. Top with Parmesan or Romano, grated.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Cyborcat is offline Senior Member
    I make these on an almost-nightly basis:
    Fat Guacamole Devils | Mark's Daily Apple

Only change I make, because I'm not a fan of hot sauce, is that I use minced garlic (from a jar) and onion powder to give it kick instead. Small, but very filling, not to mention delicious.
    My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
    (Red Dwarf)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast