Thread: Eating 'paleo' as a teenager when no on else in your family does (Andarah) page

Andarah is offline Junior Member

Eating 'paleo' as a teenager when no on else in your family does (Andarah)

Shop Now
    Hi,

I have already told my story before in another topic. But right now I would write this about myself:

I am a homeschooled teenager from Holland. When I was younger I always was a little bit too heavy (the docters said so) And when I was 12 years old I did some serious dieting, I only ate 800 ckal. every day for like 6 months.

But my body could deal quite good with that change, so I did only go from 69kg to 61kg (being around 1.65m).
    So after that I had really big problems going back to a normal diet. I got sick from it (Stomach aches, being tired all the time things like that)
    After that I found out I had at least a wheat intolerance. So I began eating Spelt. Then I found out I had a bread intolerance, and I began eating whole grains. Then I found out I can't even eat that a lot of the time (not rice at least)

So that is where I am now. Nobody eats paleo around me (not even a little). And I am now staying with my father and sister, they have quite an average Dutch diet (but a little bit less meat than average), and they find it hard to respect any other kind of diet.(I normally live with my mother who puts a lot more thought in what she eats, but she is in Hungary right now.)

I need to find a way to stay healthy in this situation, which is very hard! I can't have a lot of meat, and I have to deal with whatever I can get. So this wil absolutely NOT be a 100% paleo journal. I don't ever want to be 100% paleo, I just want to feel good (and I love cheese to much, im Dutch OK!). But right now I have to deal with potatoes, glutenfree pasta and rice for dinner .

So anyway my goal is just being healthy and feeling good!

This is me in Hungary (I am 50% hungarian ) in june:
    Darah.jpg

Thank you for reading!

Andarah is offline Junior Member
    Thank you for your tips. I think I already do a lot of these things . (I know a lot about everyting thats wild, and I have a huge kichen garden)
    I talked to my father and sister about it. And now im going to do a couple of days 100% paleo, and I can buy anything I want for that . The thing was just that I didnt really knew what to do with my diet myself. But now everything is fine.

So this is what I have eaten today:

Breakfast: 3 slices salami + cucumber + 1/4 granny smith apple + cheese + full fat cream in my coffee.
    Lunch: Leftover stew (Grass fed beef, carrots and green beans (have no problems with them)) + baked mushrooms.
    Dinner: Frittata (from 2 eggs) with leftover vegetables + salami.
    And: 2 :P gooseberries (that I found during a walk).