Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Liver?! page

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member

Liver?!

Primal Fuel
    I read all around that liver is very healthy to eat. Back in my mind I know that but there is a huge but for me...

ever since all the crazy deseases starting to hit the animal world I have sworn off all organ meat. No liver, no bone marrow in the soup, ect... I'm deadly afraid of foods like that...

Also I'm utter terrified to even eat a bite of liver... just because I know that I'm eating it...

Is there something else I can eat that has the same nutritional value?

or are there recipes that make me forget that it's liver I'm eating

Ryancarter1986 is offline Senior Member
    Make it into pâté with caramelised onions & butter and get some crispy bacon to use as ur dip !

Not really nutritional wise
    liver is no1 , sardines no2 .

Go for best quality liver u can get ur hands on

Also soaking in salted water removed any impurities in bone marrow and offal.

From London England UK

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Marielle..I feel badly that you are so fearful of so much food. Be afraid to walk down the street, but please don't be afraid of liver, offal and bones. Yikes.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    it is just another part of the animal. my dog eats the liver over the fillets any day and we have fights over the liver and the heart. but i am nice. i let him have half of it lol seriously, i eat the liver, heart and kidneys of wild animals who've never been drenched or fed anti biotics in their lives and i am still alive and kicking.

liver can be a challenge flavourwise to people not used to it. i reckon start on chicken liver and make pate. once you get into it, work your way up to rumminants like sheep. venison liver is the absolute bomb but it is very hard to get.

FrenchFry is online now Senior Member
    Also I'm utter terrified to even eat a bite of liver
    Hello, what is terrifying about that ? I would rather be afraid to slip in my wet shower and bump my head badly ... which of course, I don't think about since I don't take showers ... just kidding, I do but I don't think of slipping on the wet floor

My advice: just eat it, chill out and enjoy the vitamin boost!

Ryancarter1986 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    it is just another part of the animal. my dog eats the liver over the fillets any day and we have fights over the liver and the heart. but i am nice. i let him have half of it lol seriously, i eat the liver, heart and kidneys of wild animals who've never been drenched or fed anti biotics in their lives and i am still alive and kicking.

liver can be a challenge flavourwise to people not used to it. i reckon start on chicken liver and make pate. once you get into it, work your way up to rumminants like sheep. venison liver is the absolute bomb but it is very hard to get.
    My dog loves liver offal anything heart !!! He goes mad , in fact Next time I cook some overcooked lean meat & have some raw liver . I will test it out but my money is on the liver. Even next to fish skin & lean expensive meat he will choose the skin / fat option .

From London England UK

ilovesteak is offline Senior Member
    I grew up eating liver and I love it. If you have a problem with it, try calves liver instead of beef liver, it's milder in taste. So is lamb's liver, if you can get it at your store.

Also, grind up your liver and mix it with ground beef for a great hamburger patty. That way you don't have the mental image of eating a slab of liver.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I read all around that liver is very healthy to eat. Back in my mind I know that but there is a huge but for me...

ever since all the crazy deseases starting to hit the animal world I have sworn off all organ meat. No liver, no bone marrow in the soup, ect... I'm deadly afraid of foods like that...

Also I'm utter terrified to even eat a bite of liver... just because I know that I'm eating it...

Is there something else I can eat that has the same nutritional value?

or are there recipes that make me forget that it's liver I'm eating
    The only foods to be afraid of aren't actually food anyway (synthetic trans fats, you know the list!). If it came directly from an animal (aka natural trans fats, you know that list, too!), or certain plants, you're good! Barring venemous glands in snakes, some animals' digestive tracts, yada yada.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovesteak View Post
    Also, grind up your liver and mix it with ground beef for a great hamburger patty. That way you don't have the mental image of eating a slab of liver.
    This might be a good idea. I'll ask the butcher to do it so that I don't even have to see the liver... For me hiding the foods I'm afraid off usually works great.

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    What is it you are afraid of anyways? If you approach your fears as a question to be answered and not a monster to be feared you can face them and slay them. I am having steak liver and heart pie for breakfast without the pie crust.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast