Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: please help me... it's my hair page 6

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Pasteurized dairy is the only option, especially when it comes to yogurt and cheese, and I strongly believe even pasteurized dairy to be very nutritious, moreso than most "paleo approved" foods (nuts, seeds, assorted weeds). I'm trying not to "let perfect be the enemy of good."
    In my experience, it's much easier to find raw cheese than raw milk. In my state, you can't sell raw milk but hard cheeses like cheddar can be sold raw if aged long enough.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dilberryhoundog View Post
    It's funny you know, in my country dairy farming has a long proud history, despite large milk = good for bone health, childhood calcium problems are sharply on the rise.

This is the problem, choco's statement that milk has a large amount of bio available calcium is largely very true FOR MILK THAT IS UNPROCESSED. In my country milk cannot be sold for human consumption unless it has been pasteurised (heat treated) in all forms of dairy including cheese and yogurt. This processing kills all the enzymes that allow the calcium to be absorbed into the body. Therefore you get more calcium out of your greens than your processed milk.

Sent from my iPhone
    Thats what a digestive system is for. So are you saying any source of calcium that doesnt come with its own enzymes (supplements!) will not be absorbed?
    Last edited by Zach; 09-27-2013 at 06:49 AM.

dilberryhoundog is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Thats what a digestive system is for. So are you saying any source of calcium that comes without its own enzymes (supplements!) will not be absorbed?
    What is a digestive system's main component? Enzymes

Milk is made for babies, babies don't have much in the way of stomach enzymes, therefore milk usually comes with its own digestive enzymes. Adults who also didn't evolutionarily ever drink milk, don't have the enzymes either, for breaking down milk.

What I'm saying is that a particular calcium source that has its specific enzymes that come with it, become a lot harder to digest when the specific enzymes get destroyed

Sent from my iPhone
    A little primal gem - My Success Story
    Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

Zach is offline Banned

Milk is made for babies, babies don't have much in the way of stomach enzymes, therefore milk usually comes with its own digestive enzymes. Adults who also didn't evolutionarily ever drink milk, don't have the enzymes either, for breaking down milk.

What I'm saying is that a particular calcium source that has its specific enzymes that come with it, become a lot harder to digest when the specific enzymes get destroyed

Sent from my iPhone
    Thats not even close to what you said the first time. Also you were talking about calcium, now your talking about lactose. Do you have any information showing that calcium from milk does not get absorbed when pasteurized?

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member

Sent from my iPhone
    I'd say a digestive system's main component is the bacteria cultures. They outnumber our cells in the body, actually, so technically there is more of them than us. That's why prolonged VLC diets are so dangerous and tend to lead to food sensitivities, allergies and a slow metabolism - your gut bacteria diet off without sugar and soluble fiber to feed them.

Also still waiting on that info showing pasteurized dairy isn't a useful source of calcium...
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Black Timber is offline Senior Member
    Lookout Dilberryhoundog, you have two well read, highly combative, Peaters on you now. One has blood pouring out of his head already and the other is carrying a sword
    Some of you may die, but that is a risk I'm willing to take.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Timber View Post
    Lookout Dilberryhoundog, you have two well read, highly combative, Peaters on you now. One has blood pouring out of his head already and the other is carrying a sword
    Peaters?

Incorrect information needs to be properly refuted.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Barnyard is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Iron might be low. Eat more red meat. You are also eating wayyy too few calories. Hair and etc could suffer if your body has zero calories to maintain itself. Running 4-5mi probably burns... 500 cals? You should be eating closer to 1500-1600.

Get your thyroid & iron levels checked. Better to come back to this forum with definitive test results...
    You could eat 2000+ calories if you're running that much....more meat!
    The life I have today is far better than I deserve.......

M, 56, 6'0
    SW - 192
    CW - 175
    GW - 165-170

Current addiction: ice cream (and sugar in general).....doing battle with it!

ToldUzo is offline Senior Member
    It's funny you know, in my country dairy farming has a long proud history, despite large milk = good for bone health, childhood calcium problems are sharply on the rise.
    That is more likely because of the lack of D-vitamin and K2 (which works together with the absorption and deposition of calcium to the bones). This is due to factory farmed cows and because children don't play outside in the sun much any more - and when they do, they have lots of sunscreen on.
    What on earth?! Take a walk on the wild side.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I agree that your calories are too low -- by a lot -- which would mean that your protein is too low.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast